• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Running Thread - 2018

ATTQOTD: You'd think I'd like March Madness. I like sports. I like competitive things. I like trying to figure out what will happen and I enjoy playoffs of all types. Rooting for underdogs is fun.
But my eyes glaze over every year and I just can't get myself hype about it.
If I'd gone to a school with a bigger basketball program or if I liked basketball more maybe it'd be perfect for me.
But...meh. I've stopped pretending to care about it.

I will bring up the fun fact that my late grandfather played for Villanova during the very first NCAA final four :)

ATTQOTD: I am apparently the odd one out. College football is much more important to me and to the people where I live. I am participating in a contest at work, but I have Kentucky and Duke as the final two and apparently they are not very good this year. :confused3 Auburn is in it, but I don't expect them to make it very far. War Eagle anyway, LOL!

Yall have a good team this year, but losing that guy to injury really hurt yalls chances for making a deep run in the tournament this year. But crazy things can happen in March!!!

ATTQOTD: 14 DAYS UNTIL BASEBALL SEASON!!!!

ahhh, College Baseball season is in full swing with conference play starts this week. Go Hogs!

Always enjoyable watching my Hogs beat up on texas, as they did the past two days.

But, yes, MLB starting soon is a wonderful thing as well, and the Astros are looking great so far in Fla Spring Training

ATTQOTD: March Madness is one of my favorite sporting events. I've got 73 brackets in all online free contests. Made them using random probability and power stats from 538. Hoping for one great bracket so I can snag me a grand prize! Of the 73 randomly generated (from probability) brackets, only 2 had the same Final Four, Championship, and Champion. So a very diversified portfolio.

Wait, what??? 73 brackets? Dang, I felt like I had too many with 5.

Well my alma mater UPenn is out so my interest in March Madness is over. I like basketball so I’ll probably watch some games, and I worked at Villanova for a little bit so I’ll root for them casually.

ATTQOTD: I pay attention to March Madness until BYU is eliminated from the tournament. So it's been more than 3 years since I followed the tournament.

And as a BYU fan, I have to tell @LSUlakes that I want his Tigers to absolutely crush Utah in their upcoming NIT matchup.

this 100%. o's tickets came through the mail last night, it's starting to feel real...

(am a 5th-gen Cubs fan and they will always be my #1, but proximity makes it easy to watch the Orioles)
I know that feeling well! When we lived in MD we went to a few O's games (I really love their stadium) but more so went to Nats games. My Daughter is an Orioles fan because she was born in MD and she thought they were the Oreos. LOL. But now that we live in AZ we will be going to some DBacks games! We got our opening weekend tickets and I am SO excited.
Side note: STL Cardinals fan here. BOO CUBS.

I know that feeling well! When we lived in MD we went to a few O's games (I really love their stadium) but more so went to Nats games. My Daughter is an Orioles fan because she was born in MD and she thought they were the Oreos. LOL. But now that we live in AZ we will be going to some DBacks games! We got our opening weekend tickets and I am SO excited.
Side note: STL Cardinals fan here. BOO CUBS.

hah, oreos! That's awesome. Hope opening weekend goes well :) (and boo cardinals! ;-) )

We have like 2 feet of snow and it's still snowing... on top of the foot and a half of snow we got one week ago. :sad:

Where am I going to run!!

There are races here in New a England all the time but given the fact my town got 28" of snow on Tuesday I would sign up for one until April probably. While we still have a chance at a big storm in April the chances are less likely.

I love National Lampoons Vacation. The scene of them running through the parking lot qualifies as one scene about running. But that Barkley documentary is mesmerizing. I will be looking into this Badwater documentary next though.

Yep, such a cool watch.

Race prep starts in March for me. I officially registered for the BAA 10K yesterday. Now I need to start getting ready. This will be my fourth year in a row for this race. It's a great day and a great race.

I’m thinking about registering for the BAA 10k - thanks for the good review!

QOtD: not really into college basketball at all.

Attqotd: I like basketball but I'm the only fan in my house, so I don't get to watch much. I do use March Madness as a teaching tool in class when I'm teaching data and stats which happens to be this week :). I also used Len Testa's interview in the Dis this week as well for teaching statistical questions.
From a retired hs English teacher, Kudos! Got to keep’em interested!
Loved basketball. Played in high school when girls changed from 3 on 3 to a rover situation with 4 quarters (young ones look it up), and then at 2-year college moved up to 5 on 5 and 2 halves. Watched college and pro basketball for years, but have lost interest lately, so March Madness is not such a big deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter