The Running Thread - 2018

<Mommy Dearest "No wire hangers" voice>NO CHAIN PIZZA!!!!!!!!!!</Mommy Dearest "No wire hangers" voice>

My kid adores Hungry Howie's, so I suffer through it. But I only ever want pizza from a local place run by Buffalonian ex-pats that makes the bombest pizza ever, short of my own.

My kiddo turns her nose up at a lot of really good pizza delivery, but will eat half of a bowling alley pizza at any of her friends birthday partys. Shrugs

Greetings from the land of mediocre chain pizza, I have some opinions on this topic. They differ greatly from DH's preference for the above mentioned slice resulting in a river of scalding grease to your elbow. Yet we end up stopping for a slice before we get to his mom's every time because he misses it so.
Domino's world headquarters basically across the street from my office. We organized a group field trip to investigate their corporate cafeteria and were disappointed pizza was not abundantly available and free. Domino's is delicious when free at the end of a race, which happens more frequently than would may imagine. We name our arena after the worst pizza that is loved by high school and college students willing to eat soggy cardboard for $5. This was the first non-homemade pizza I ever had because my mom was not going to pay for pizza, and it was not a good introduction. The smell of Jet's makes me want to vomit. Hungry Howies is only ok with garlic butter crust AND when free. Our square pizza baked in a cast iron pan is amazing and I have not found anything like it. Our local chain, Cottage Inn is staffed with people who will give my kids extra pepperoni on the side for which I will continue to love them. But Pizza House. I love you Pizza House. I love that you tolerate drunk college students, that you will deliver this mom who is homebound with sick kids a 6 pack of oberon with that pizza and salad. I love you.
In the category of 'frozen pizza' I would vote for the terrible rectangle served in elementary school solely for nostalgia, but I would purchase 'Home Run Inn' out of nostalgia for my time working outside of Chicago.

I'm on board with Zoodles, often cutting the spaghetti in an effort to get my kids eat something not carb or dairy based.

often cutting the spaghetti in an effort to get my kids eat something not carb
I can get on board with this. I make cauliflower fried rice about once a week just to make sure my kid is getting a good portion of vegetables at lease once a week. Haha. Dang kids.

I love Zoodles (and am strangely intrigued by their potato counterpart, poodles), but agree that they are not a pasta substitute. But I also rarely eat pasta.

My kiddo turns her nose up at a lot of really good pizza delivery, but will eat half of a bowling alley pizza at any of her friends birthday partys. Shrugs
We took Bay to Chuck E. Cheese once during a lunch special that had all you can eat pizza. Their pizza is not anything to write home about, but if you say all you can eat pizza, then challenge accepted. I think I capped out at about 12 slices.

Greetings from the land of mediocre chain pizza, I have some opinions on this topic. They differ greatly from DH's preference for the above mentioned slice resulting in a river of scalding grease to your elbow. Yet we end up stopping for a slice before we get to his mom's every time because he misses it so.
Domino's world headquarters basically across the street from my office. We organized a group field trip to investigate their corporate cafeteria and were disappointed pizza was not abundantly available and free. Domino's is delicious when free at the end of a race, which happens more frequently than would may imagine. We name our arena after the worst pizza that is loved by high school and college students willing to eat soggy cardboard for $5. This was the first non-homemade pizza I ever had because my mom was not going to pay for pizza, and it was not a good introduction. The smell of Jet's makes me want to vomit. Hungry Howies is only ok with garlic butter crust AND when free. Our square pizza baked in a cast iron pan is amazing and I have not found anything like it. Our local chain, Cottage Inn is staffed with people who will give my kids extra pepperoni on the side for which I will continue to love them. But Pizza House. I love you Pizza House. I love that you tolerate drunk college students, that you will deliver this mom who is homebound with sick kids a 6 pack of oberon with that pizza and salad. I love you.
In the category of 'frozen pizza' I would vote for the terrible rectangle served in elementary school solely for nostalgia, but I would purchase 'Home Run Inn' out of nostalgia for my time working outside of Chicago.

Cottage Inn >> Pizza House

Papa John’s was built, opened for business and closed within a year in my small town. I think that speaks volumes.

I carry water when training if it’s hot and humid, but usually not for races with water stops. BUT I did carry some Gatorade on ice (waters it down and starts the race cold) in my hand held Amphipod during my 10K a couple of weeks ago in the Florida sun and used some water stops too!

Y’all are hilarious. I haven’t even heard of many of the BBQ places, grocery stores, and types of pizza some of you talk about, but I say definitively let pasta be pasta, let vegetables be be vegetables, let pizza be pizza, let tacos be tacos and so on. Instead of ruining the taste to save a few calories, just eat a variety and in moderation! Now, I think I’ll go get a bowl of ice cream!

By the end of the year, assuming all goes well I will have Virginia (half), Michigan (full), and New York (half) also. And also SC full. Its a long term goal for me too. I want to have fun at the ones I chose, and pick good ones and make a weekend out of it.

Which Michigan race are you doing? Running a race in all 50 states is on my bucket list as well, but I've got a lot of work to do with only 3 states!

As far as frozen pizza goes, I prefer Freschetta, there's something about the crust that I just love. I don't like any of the chains, but will break down and buy it for the kids sometimes. The best pizza here in West Michigan hands down is Vitales!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter