• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Running Thread - 2018

I find this line of thinking very intriguing ... if it's not pizza, what do you consider it? Or does Pizza Hut's offerings just stand alone as a unique offering in an otherwise crowded genre of food?

How do you feel about Digiorno?
I like Digiornio because it is convenient. We live in the middle of nowhere.

Pizza Hut is "pizza", but it is too different from other pizzas for me to compare it. For me it would be like comparing donuts to cake.

One of these days I want to make it to Nebraska for the CWS. I hear that even in years which LSU is not there, a decent amount of Tiger fans make the trip up to watch the games live anyway. Speaking of the CWS, did you see the Troll job that guy pulled yesterday. He was a Mississippi State fan and he told the reporter that his wifes boyfriend sold his prosthetic leg to buy him tickets. He continues with, now everyone is happy because I am here, and he and my wife get some alone time during the week. THEY PUT THAT ON TV LOLOLOLOL
Yes! I so can't believe it was aired! My marathon will finish at the CWS Stadium, I've ran through it before, so at least that's exciting for the course!

3. Register for and settle on a training plan for marathon weekend. My mind is battling between the Galloway plan or going for a @DopeyBadger custom plan which utilizes substantially longer runs of 5-6 hours for marathon training. I feel like the only way I will now how to deal with running for that kind of time period will be to have actually dealt with it before the race comes. And since I've paged him, I appreciate his thoughts on the matter.

Well as you know my plans max out at 3 hrs (if using run/walk at MP + 2 min) whereas Galloway takes you out to the maximal distance (at a pace of MP + 2 min) so dependent on pace that could be 5, 6, 7 or 8 hours. Honestly, thousands of runners have successfully used Galloway's plans to cross the finish line and at the same time I've had a few hundred plans (lots of multiple users) cross the finish line. We do it differently, but get you to the same destination. Now if one of your strong considerations is wanting to go the full distance in training, then that's definitely a push towards Galloway as it goes against one of my core philosophies (duration limit). But I do feel that spreading the training load over the course of the entire week can yield a positive outcome on race day. The testimonials I've gathered from similarly paced runners bears that out. Of the 222 custom plans I've written, I've only had one person really dislike the training methodology. Most others have found the training enjoyable and been quite pleased with the final result.

3. Register for and settle on a training plan for marathon weekend. My mind is battling between the Galloway plan or going for a @DopeyBadger custom plan which utilizes substantially longer runs of 5-6 hours for marathon training. I feel like the only way I will now how to deal with running for that kind of time period will be to have actually dealt with it before the race comes. And since I've paged him, I appreciate his thoughts on the matter.

Your body is capable of doing far more than your mind thinks it can. When I finally had that click, it made running and approaching races far less stressful and intimidating. I can’t imagine running 5-6 hours in training runs. That would be a bigger barrier to me than the race itself. I heartily recommend you give @DopeyBadger a chance to set something up for you. Galloway is what you know, but you may be missing out on something that could work better for you. Don’t let your fears and your mind hold you back!

QOTD: Today is the first day of summer with fall starting 9/22. What are your running goals this summer?
I decided to sign up for an August half marathon. I felt like that would help keep me motivated over the summer months and prepare me for marathon training which begins in September (GULP)!

I ran this half marathon back in 2015 while recovering from PF. There is only one hill, long but gradual, between miles 3-5. The course is fairly flat from miles 5-11 when you begin a downhill finish. All things considered, I think there is a good chance this could be a new PR for me. Either way, I should crush my 2015 time!

My favorite pizza has goat cheese and thin-sliced potatoes on it.
Potato pizza is my favorite!!! I first tried it in Sienna, Italy. There is a local pizza place that makes one called the Corson Classic (sliced yukon spuds, gorgonzola cheese and sweet white onions). It is amazing!

ATTQOTD: Happy summer to all!
My running goals are:
  • Increase from 3x/week run to 4x/week run+musculation, no matter where I am
  • Get ready to break that 2h Half at the end of September if weather and conditions allow it
  • Train DD for her 2nd 5k
  • Have fun running in general

Potato pizza is my favorite!!! I first tried it in Sienna, Italy. There is a local pizza place that makes one called the Corson Classic (sliced yukon spuds, gorgonzola cheese and sweet white onions). It is amazing!

Con Potate is my favorite! Potatoes, cheese and rosemary!!! SOOOOOOOO GOOD.

As for frozen pizza, I love Trader Joe's (or...Trader Giotto's) imported Italian frozen pizzas. The margherita and organic roasted vegetable are both great!

Totino's Pepperoni Party pizza is the best frozen pizza! Cheap and I get a whole pizza to myself! But is has to be the Party pizza with the diced pepperoni, not the regular with the sliced pepperoni. :)

Can we all agree that cauliflower crust is the worst?! What sadistic jerk decided that was a good substitute for pizza crust to save some calories.
That meme that is like “if cauliflower can somehow be pizza, then you, my friend, can do anything!” is the dumbest thing ever. Because cauliflower can be a lot of things but pizza crust isn’t one of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter