The Running Thread - 2018

I dont know much about good food or drink, but I do know pizza. Pizza Hut shouldn't be on that list...
Dominos is in the right place and Papa John's was awesome. 10 years ago.
:duck:

There's a reason why Papa John's gives you garlic butter sauce for free ... it's because their crust is horriawful.

This is why Domino's is #1. Their crust game is on point. Pizza Hut tried to copy it but failed. Papa John's goes between the two of those because they can do a good sauce/topping ratio usually. But yes, their crust is flavorless and that gross garlic sauce is well, gross.

Only better!

(My Italian mother, who also loves Mexican food, is vehemently against taco pizza btw. Sorry Ma.)

I gotta side with your Mom ... I'm kinda against crossover foods. Stay in your own lane, you know?

Like - hot dogs are good. Fried pickles are good. There's no reason to stuff a hot dog in a pickle and then fry it, other than pure Idiocracy.

The food debates around here are almost as entertaining as the various schemes being cooked up for @rteetz during marathon weekend.

ATTQOTD: I suppose I have a multi phase goal, but ultimately, each phase points towards Marathon Weekend.

1. Finish the 60 Miles for 60 Years virtual running challenge the San Francisco Giants are doing to celebrate their 60th anniversary in San Francisco. I need to run 60 miles before the baseball All Star break.

2. Finish the virtual shorts summer racing series in August. Although confession time, if an injury were to happen that took away my ability to run a 5K in July and August, I can feel like I earned the medals since I have made multiple 3.1+ mile runs in June.

3. Register for and settle on a training plan for marathon weekend. My mind is battling between the Galloway plan or going for a @DopeyBadger custom plan which utilizes substantially longer runs of 5-6 hours for marathon training. I feel like the only way I will now how to deal with running for that kind of time period will be to have actually dealt with it before the race comes. And since I've paged him, I appreciate his thoughts on the matter.

Last time I ran the numbers including no Sunday runs and accounting for 4 days next week when a work seminar may wreak havoc, I needed to hit 2.69 miles a day to reach 60. So as long as I consistently get out there and do it, I should be fine.

I really want to do that 60 for 60 but couldn’t make myself pull the trigger. I still have 2 marathons to pay for this year not to mention WDW marathon registration next month!

I used to love Papa Johns - they have changed and now I like them much less.
I used to hate Dominos - they are very good now. Tastes like a totally different product.

As for Pizza Hut - I love it, but I don't really consider it to be pizza. Much like Chicago deep dish or Sicilian pizza, Pizza Hut is too different for me to compare it with standard pizza. Lots of similarities, but lots of differences.

I hate pizzeria style NY pizza. Grease running down your arm, have to fold it over to eat it - yuck.

I really want to do that 60 for 60 but couldn’t make myself pull the trigger. I still have 2 marathons to pay for this year not to mention WDW marathon registration next month!
It's definitely getting me out there every day. No more excuses. Which is a good thing.

As for Pizza Hut - I love it, but I don't really consider it to be pizza.

I find this line of thinking very intriguing ... if it's not pizza, what do you consider it? Or does Pizza Hut's offerings just stand alone as a unique offering in an otherwise crowded genre of food?

How do you feel about Digiorno?

I think Wendy’s has the GOAT twitter account of the food world. I had also enjoyed the Twitter comments from fast food joints when ihop went to ihob. Lol

Nope. That's also Whataburger. And Moon-Pie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter