The Running Thread - 2018

ATTQOTD: sports bra is a nope here. Tank top in this summer heat is a yes. But it definitely took me a little while to be fully comfortable wearing just a tank in "public". I usually where them under another shirt. But it really is too stinking hot to wear a regular shirt right now.

I'm certainly not offended by others that go the sports bra route (or shirtless for guys). In a way, I'm slightly envious.

Attqotd: I've been blessed in the chest dept. I actually often wish I was smaller so that I didn't have to wear marvels of engineering while I run. Or swim. Or exist. It's cleavage city no matter what I wear so I'm gonna go with a shirt.

I don't mind what other people wear when running. You do you!

ATTQOTD: I do not mind what other people are wearing, I run for myself and judging others wouldn’t help me with it.

I never ran with just a bra, no reason. I like my super light tank tops and, with capris, that is my main summer running attire. I will sometimes use a tech T-shirt for a lunch run because of the difficulty of putting sunscreen on my back at the office (ask a colleague, meh. Use a spray in the bathroom, meh.)

@LSUlakes adult only trips are awesome (then again, I only ever have those)
It’s been 9 years since our last adult trip... which was our honeymoon. Trips with the kids are fun but I’m looking forward to this one as well. Feel a little guilty though. It’s a late celebration of our anniversary as well. Is a month after our actual anniversary to late to request a celebration button for our anniversary? Lol

Short sleeved shirt most of the time, a tank while I’m in FL at the beach where nobody knows me (I’m running before/just after dawn and don’t need sunscreen and the only people out that early are as old as me, walking on the beach or walking dogs down the sidewalk), sports bra only if I’m running on the treadmill in my basement in the summer. You’re welcome!

It’s been 9 years since our last adult trip... which was our honeymoon. Trips with the kids are fun but I’m looking forward to this one as well. Feel a little guilty though. It’s a late celebration of our anniversary as well. Is a month after our actual anniversary to late to request a celebration button for our anniversary? Lol
Nope

It is always a good time to celebrate!

Edit: Suggestion... Add it as a note to your resort and restaurants reservations that you are celebrating your anniversary, it gives the CM a reason to celebrate with you and an open door to sometimes sprinkle a little magic.

Last edited:
QOTD: Keeping with our theme yesterday and also a timely suggestion from a fellow poster we have the following question. Ladies, will you run in just a sports bra if it is hot? Gentlemen, will you go shirtless? And if not, why? Do you find it offensive? Or just not for you?

ATTQOTD: I keep my shirt on because I'm way to chunky to be out public without a shirt. It shouldn't matter, but it does. Not a big deal and for those who do it, both men and women (sports bra), I am not bothered by it.

No shirtless for me. Even if I was in better shape I don't think I would. I don't care if other people do.

On a side note, I booked my first ever trip to Disneyland. I'll be going for a long weekend at the end of October. I'm excited to see the differences!

QOTD: Keeping with our theme yesterday and also a timely suggestion from a fellow poster we have the following question. Ladies, will you run in just a sports bra if it is hot? Gentlemen, will you go shirtless? And if not, why? Do you find it offensive? Or just not for you?
I usually wear a singlet once the warm weather is here, but every now and then I will pull it off mid-run and go topless. It just feels sop liberating haha It is amazing how much cooler you feel without that tiny layer of moisture-wicking fabric.

I will say though, if I have my heart rate monitor on (chest strap) I will certainly think twice about taking the shirt off...that just makes for one awful tan line.

Hmmm, based on my experience, less clothing leads to more chaffing
I guess this depends on where you chafe and the kind of clothes you wear. When I wear warm compression shirts in the winter, I don't have issues at all. But looser fitting shirts in the summer cause some problems for me in certain areas on longer runs.

ATTQOTD:
I will sometimes use a tech T-shirt for a lunch run because of the difficulty of putting sunscreen on my back at the office (ask a colleague, meh. Use a spray in the bathroom, meh.)

This.

Although I have been testing out stepping into the work shower in running clothes to spray myself. I figure I'm going to rinse it out of the shower in an hour, so it probably isn't going to cause a slip and fall, right?

It's finally Friday and time for our Fun Friday QOTD!! Since I mentioned it a few post ago I want to know what everyone's thoughts are on getting one of the celebrating type buttons while at the parks. Do you think to get one the event your celebrating has to fall on the exact date, withing the week, or a longer period of time?

ATTQOTD: Our 9 year anniversary was June 13 and DW had a birthday on June 24. We check in July 12. For some reason I feel the birthday should be at least during the week of travel, but a little more relaxed on the anniversary deal. It is our intention to do some of the same things we did (rides and meals) on our honeymoon during this trip, just a month later as its the only dates that lined up when we could take a trip. I'm on the fence on the decision, so I am looking to yall for what is acceptable or not.

ATTQOTD: Wear the buttons!!!!! It's ok if it is not the exact date if it makes you happy. Just don't expect extra magic and keep expectations low. So that any nice smile and "congrats" from a CM or a tiny sprinkle of pixie dust will feel like something extra and "enough." I've literally read multiple threads about people on the dis-boards who have been upset when they don't get tons of special treatment or that a server didn't bring them a free cupcake, etc. To me that is entitled. Wear it because it is fun to wear it, like wearing cool mouse ears or silly family themed shirts, not because you want free stuff.
PS WEAR THE BUTTONS :)

Never run shirtless. Just not for me and I'm not that comfortable (plus no one needs to see that). t-shirt, sleeve-less or tanks are my choice for hot weather. As far as others go, I truly don't care what other wear. Generally, I see people for a brief moment and then gone.

ATTQOTD: Wear the buttons!!!!! It's ok if it is not the exact date if it makes you happy. Just don't expect extra magic and keep expectations low. So that any nice smile and "congrats" from a CM or a tiny sprinkle of pixie dust will feel like something extra and "enough." I've literally read multiple threads about people on the dis-boards who have been upset when they don't get tons of special treatment or that a server didn't bring them a free cupcake, etc. To me that is entitled. Wear it because it is fun to wear it, like wearing cool mouse ears or silly family themed shirts, not because you want free stuff.
PS WEAR THE BUTTONS :)

^^^ What she said :)
I love a good button!!

Arkansas... I do not know if either one of yall are Razorback fans, but last night was a brutal way to lose. How do you feel about yalls chances tonight? I'm pulling for a SEC team taking home the trophy! Good luck!

Ugh. Being a lifelong Hog fan, I could predict the future. I actually told my wife in the 5th or 6th inning the Hogs were going to find a way to lose, and than lose game 3. I should have know they would do it with a spectacular failure. I didn't even watch last night, figuring they were going to get kilt, so 5-0 was better than I expected.

To me, the game 2 finish ranks up with the Stoerner turnover against Tenn when we had them beat and the Sugar Bowl loss to OSU when they could have scooped and scored on a blocked punt but didn't, and then throw an INT to give the game to OSU.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter