• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Running Thread - 2021

August running:
Distance: 104.2 mi
Average pace: 11:18/mi

First 100+ mile month since April, when I was training for my last race. Knock wood, everything feels good. Someday my lack of strength training and stretching will catch up to me, but not today! I have a 10k in 2 weeks, which I'm going to gun for a Princess PoT in. If that doesn't work I'll try again at the Broad Street 10 miler in October. Then my A race marathon in November. I saw that the Gritty 5k registration opened this week, but I'm restraining myself from signing up. I have so many races coming up.

August Running
Total Runs: 24
Miles: 166.9
Avg Pace: 10:26
Avg HR: 143

Most monthly miles ever since I began running in 2012!

Started off the month strong, gave blood, got a cold, but finished OK. Looking to peak in September and then taper for Wineglass the first weekend of October. Training/hoping for a sub-4:00, but I really don't know if I have it in me. Hoping to PR anyway!

August Totals:

Total Miles - 124.12 mi
Total Time - 18:13:29 h:m:s
Average Pace - 8:49
Avg HR - 145 bpm
Walking/Hiking - 20ish mi

Feeling better with the running and glad to see my HR coming back down after taking 18 days off in July. Really wish we would see some cooler weather in the Houston area.

I feel like such a slacker in comparison...

Guess I need to step it up.
Well, if it helps!

August totals:

17.7 miles
13:46 average pace

I hate how hot it is in Texas - time to step it up!

Edit: This doesn't include 13 walks, typically 2-4 miles at a pace of 15-17 minutes/mile. That makes me feel a bit better.

Last edited:
August total: 10 miles

Still following along on this thread and living vicariously through everyone currently training for a race. 38 weeks pregnant and climbing the stairs is a work out. We did finally set up our BOB stroller this week and DH and I decided we need to buy a bigger car next year. Looking forward to cooler fall temps and getting out for walks with the baby who is more than welcome to come at any time.

August Totals:
110 Miles
9:50 Average Pace
132 Average HR

Race paces are slowly creeping back to pre-baby fitness levels, but long distance runs are nearly impossible with an 11 month old in Alabama. It is just too hot for long stroller runs right now, so around 4 miles is the longest he can handle. Hoping to get back to doing some double digit runs soon!

August miles: 25
That's with a knee injury that sidelined me for about a week and then 1-2 weeks to recover from that. So not bad.
I had hoped to get in another 4-5 miles but life got in the way.

Goal for September is to be around the same, since it will be a busy month. Then in October the plan is to step up my game and get back to half training (not that I have a half on the books, but it never hurts to train).

I know we have a lot of PA folks on here... anybody running Broad Street in Philly in October? I very impulsively entered the lottery, thinking there was no way I'd get in, given that everybody who deferred from last year would take up all the spaces. But I got in! I'm running as many big races as I can this fall, because it seems you never know when things will be snatched away again.

I’m not signed up for Broad Street but I am signed up for the Philadelphia Marathon.

August totals:
96.3 miles
somewhere in the mid/upper 13s for pace

kicking myself HARD for missing my 4.5mi Sunday run, which would have put me over 100mi for the month (which was an achievement I was really hoping for this month) but as was pointed out, staying healthy for my marathon in 4.5 weeks is more important than making up the miles on Monday and Tuesday.

August Totals

Run/Walk
Time: 8h 42m 44s
Miles: 33.56

Walking
Time: 5h 37m 11s
Miles: 14.97

Cycling
Time: 3h 30m 49s
Miles: 54.95

Rowing
Time: 1h 15m 12s
Strokes: 2784

This was my first full month of training. I can’t believe I totaled over 100 miles between running, walking, and cycling 😲😲

August Miles = 119

I took it a bit easier this month as Dopey training starts on Labor Day as well as preparations for the Hartford Half in October and Wine and Dine in November.

January = 145
February = 111
March = 141
April = 127
May = 143
June = 126
July = 137

2021 total miles = 1,049

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter