The Running Thread -- 2022

If I sob while running but am not out of breath at all, does that mean I’ve reached peak fitness?

(I have to find some humor in these sad times. Glad I got my run done today after a very hard weekend. Old me would have just let the missed runs snowball. The Linkin Park Peloton run playlist helped.)

You know you need a run when you pulse is already at 130 from spending 20 minutes on the phone with an absolute ****** of a repair person assigned by LG to come fix my wall oven (3rd service in one month). The guy eventually rejected the service call cause he didn't want to deal with me---good riddance to you! And I am not the least bit sorry to not have that jerk in my house.

OTOH, the run was good.

Can’t believe it’s already New Years Eve

F66DB0B4-984B-4918-8663-0B3AD14DD1C6.jpeg

After cutting 40 miles out post Thanksgiving to rest, December was a good month. Got in two Dopey sims and am mid taper, hopefully ready for MW. Nothing today with five slow miles tomorrow and Monday, then board a plane Tuesday and enjoy some warm weather with my wife and daughter. 😊

Last edited:
I ran more this month than I thought, especially with my taper for Dopey.

December: 149.75 Miles
2022: 1,260.4 Miles

Oh, and running related Christmas gifts, Santa must be a runner! I got an apple watch (in part as a run watch), two pair of Brooks Glycerins, some new cold weather stuff - gloves, caps & neck buff (just in time!) and lots of new running socks and compression sleeves. I am set for awhile!

December 2022
Running distance: 183.76 miles ⬆️
Running time: 30:53:17 ⬆️
Average pace: 10:05 per mile ⬇️
Strength training: 4:11:46 ⬆️
Core: 0:57:24 ⬆️
Total training time: 36:01:02 ⬆️

2022 total
Training time: 236:34:56 (missing some non-running time)
Running distance: 1,017 miles

Yay, 1,000 miles! Considering I ran 66 miles in January, February, and March combined, I'm pretty happy with that 😁

December Miles = 140

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy New Year. I will see you all next weekend at the starting line(s)!!

January Miles = 139
February Miles = 108
March Miles = 145
April Miles = 115
May Miles = 146
June Miles = 106
July Miles = 137
August = 151
September = 119
October = 151
November = 162

2022 total miles = 1,619

2021 total miles = 1,622
2020 total miles = 1,777
2019 total miles = 1,656
2018 total miles = 1,673

December Running:

Total distance: 47mi
Average pace: 11:16/mi

2022 Running: 1,144.7mi
Average pace: 11:03/mi

This month I finally got covid. Or I should say, covid finally got me! It's my own fault I guess, I was so busy with work that I never got that last booster. I was really pretty sick for a few days, and, because I wasn't training for anything I actually took my doctor's advice and waited to fully recover and even then, took it slow when coming back to it.
I got a new Garmin watch for Christmas, while I was on my little hiatus, and when I came back at reduced pace & distance, my new watch started telling me my runs were "unproductive"! Well, who asked you anyway?!

Happy New Year everyone!

December
200.1 miles -- all time record
38:39:43 elapsed time
11:36/mile

733 miles
149hr 55min
12:15/mile

My all-time records for miles have been the last two months (134 miles and 200 miles, respectively). I got a very slow start to the year, between injuring myself in January and having a baby in March, but the second half of the year has been progressively better and better.

I'm in the best shape of my life. (It was admittedly a low bar to clear; when my brother found out that I run marathons he started laughing, as I'd never run more than a few seconds at a time my entire childhood.) While I'm still not fast, I'm about 3 min/mile faster (and 20 pounds lighter) than the same time last year.

Many thanks to the community here for all the advice and encouragement! I know in reading this thread that I'm somewhat middle-of-the-pack in terms of mileage, pace, and fitness. But I'm so proud of how I've progressed this year, and grateful for everybody who's helped me to stick with it and keep getting better.

Happy New Year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter