The scariest ride you ever rode in disney world

Soarin'.

I know, go ahead and laugh. LOL! But I have a fear of heights unless I feel secure, and the last time I rode it, I was positive I was going to slide out of the seat and plummet to the floor.

I know that wouldn't have happened, but I couldn't help it. We were at the very top, and I was terrified. I can only do that from the bottom row.

I have not nor will I ever do Summit Plummet. I also would not do the same kind of drop slide at Atlantis when we stopped there on our cruise. No thank you.... that is the ONLY type of ride that scares me.
When we went last year my then barely 4 yr old DD was 40" and rode everything she could. She weighed about 32 pounds at best. When we were on ToT she came so far off the seat and I was trying to hold her down. It scared me!!!! She was okay with it though!!! :)

Mission Space. I have never rode it and I never will. People died on it when it first opened. Not my idea of fun.

I am terrified to get on TOT, RNR, and EE....I so want to try it. I tried Mission Space Green the less intense last year, I thought I was gong to vomit reading the warnings, but I actually loved it and would like to try the Orange. I am a ride chicken. Tried Space Mountain and I was afraid I was going to fall out and it was jerky. I love Splash Mountain and BTMR. I was petrified in Dinosaur and wouldn't even open my eyes on that one LOL

Alien Encounter scared me half to death.

That said, it was also my favorite ride and the best ride ever invented.

Space Mountain. No matter how many times I ride it, I still get this funny knot in my stomach all the way through the queue and always try to chicken out when it's time to board (DS and DH literally push me on).

I have been on ToT many times, but it always makes me nervous. Every time. It doesn't help that usually I am doing it by myself since DH will not go on it.

RnRC literally takes my breath away for the entire ride. The first time I went on it, I was practically crying by the end because I just wanted it to stop.

I was truly scared once when I was on Space Mountain with a friend in Disneyland and the ride stopped right before we got to the end. The lights stayed off (and the music stayed on) for about a minute and my friend was convinced that we were going to get rear-ended by another ride vehicle. Of course, the logical side of me knew that wouldn't happen.....but it was quite scary for those few moments before the lights came on and the music was turned off.

As a child of 8 back in the yesteryear, Space Mountain got me good. As an adult, the "scariest" attraction was Alien Encounter but it was AWESOME!. While it was totally out of place for Disney tone, it was the greatest example of Disney imagineering ever created. I wish they would bring it back and put up some serious warnings.
"This ride is extremely scary. Children and most teenagers leave the ride crying from being so scared. Take this warning seriously. If you don't believe it, stand at the exit once or twice."

Soarin'.

I know, go ahead and laugh. LOL! But I have a fear of heights unless I feel secure, and the last time I rode it, I was positive I was going to slide out of the seat and plummet to the floor.

I know that wouldn't have happened, but I couldn't help it. We were at the very top, and I was terrified. I can only do that from the bottom row.

I wouldn't laugh because I felt the same way the first time I rode it ... I was white knuckling those hand grips as if I were really flying in a glider over California ... meanwhile my 5 and 8 year olds are leaning forward, laughing and having a grand ol time .... when I got off the ride I was as sweaty as I would have been if I had ran a 5K!!!!

BUUUUUT ... I love the ride and after that first ride I've learned to relax and enjoy it!

Mission Space: Team Orange

I rode it a couple a weeks ago because it had been awhile since I did the Orange side. And now I understand why I no longer do Team Orange.

Tower of Terror! Will never, ever, ever ride that ride again even if you offered me a million dollars to do it.

Tower of Terror...scared me senseless!!! I also have a love/hate relationship with Splash Mt. Every time I find myself going up the hill before the drop I look around and think "how did I get here???" But I keep going back on it!?! It's the rides with drops that get me every time! I do have to that its been almost 17 years since I went on TOT and I'm planning to give it a second chance on my next trip! I think...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter