The VGF 2 pricing thread

What will 200 points at VGF2 look like at launch, with incentives included?

• Same price as Riviera, Same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 34 14.6%
  • Same price as Riviera, higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Same price as Riviera, lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 74 31.8%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 50 21.5%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Many people who buy DVC had barely heard of DVC a month prior. Others have probably been on the fence for almost a year since the VGF expansion was announced.

I don't expect prices to be identical once incentives are taken into account. The high point charts + shorter contract of VGF will be a turn off for some buyers, especially if combined with a higher buy-in price.
I think a lot of people, maybe not the savvy buyers on this board, but a lot of people will only look at what their monthly payments will be on their loan. They'll look at all of the points charts and imagine themselves trading out to AKV Club level or BWV standard views.

New members have to join in with a minimum of 150 points (unless it gets raised again). So their guide will be showing them what 150 points will get them at every DVC resort. And then the financing math comes out.

Has anyone done the math on the difference between monthly payments on150 points at RIV and a higher estimate for VGF2? RIV @$207 without incentives, 10% down and 10-year financing @9.99% comes out to $455 per month plus dues (about another $105 per month in 2022). VGF2 @$225 per point without incentives, same financing terms, comes to $489 per month (plus dues of about $90 in 2022). That would make VGF2 payments $19 per month higher than the same number of points at RIV. If someone really loves VGF and either of those monthly payment estimates didn't make them choke on their Mickey bar, do you think that they will buy RIV because it is $19 less per month?

My point is that Disney will have crunched their numbers, added incentives for all resorts that are in active sales, and they will have set VGF2's price at a sweet spot where, with incentives, that monthly payment is a bit higher than RIV but not high enough to discourage VGF2 sales. They have to raise the floor somewhat because, as Pete pointed out, DLT is next out of the box. DVC needs to slowly boil us frogs in anticipation of an even higher base price for DLT.

I think a lot of people, maybe not the savvy buyers on this board, but a lot of people will only look at what their monthly payments will be on their loan. They'll look at all of the points charts and imagine themselves trading out to AKV Club level or BWV standard views.

New members have to join in with a minimum of 150 points (unless it gets raised again). So their guide will be showing them what 150 points will get them at every DVC resort. And then the financing math comes out.

Has anyone done the math on the difference between monthly payments on150 points at RIV and a higher estimate for VGF2? RIV @$207 without incentives, 10% down and 10-year financing @9.99% comes out to $455 per month plus dues (about another $105 per month in 2022). VGF2 @$225 per point without incentives, same financing terms, comes to $489 per month (plus dues of about $90 in 2022). That would make VGF2 payments $19 per month higher than the same number of points at RIV. If someone really loves VGF and either of those monthly payment estimates didn't make them choke on their Mickey bar, do you think that they will buy RIV because it is $19 less per month?
Yes. Like you said, people are looking at the point charts and imagining themselves trading into other resorts.

Why pay more for VGF when the contract ends 6 years sooner and I can save $270 on my down payment by going with Riviera, plus $19 per month on my future payments by buying into Riviera, and then I can just stay at VGF with my Riviera points if I want to anyway?

And also, pricing the resorts differently is going to encourage people to actually dive into the numbers. Because you kind of have to in order to make a decision between two differently priced products. I imagine that's about the last thing someone trying to sell a timeshare ever wants anyone to do.

When many buy a car, they find a car they like and then back into reasons to justify why they like it.

RIV and VGF2 are no different.

Someone who wants to buy at RIV is going to tell themselves: "new resort", "Skyliner", "microwave", "bar sink", "split bathroom", "longer contract", etc.

Someone who wants to buy at VGF2 is going to tell themselves: "flagship resort", "close to Magic Kingdom", "two queen beds", "fewer resale restrictions", etc.

All this talk of why VGF2 is "better" than RIV simply reflects opinions that are looking for justifications.

The real question is, does Disney want to sell VGF2 as "better" than RIV, or does Disney want to sell VGF2 and RIV as equally wonderful resorts?

Last edited:
When many buy a car, they find a car they like and then back into reasons to justify why the like it.

RIV and VGF2 are no different.

Someone who wants to buy at RIV is going to tell themselves: "new resort", "Skyliner", "microwave", "bar sink", "split bathroom", "longer contract", etc.

Someone who wants to buy at VGF2 is going to tell themselves: "flagship resort", "close to Magic Kingdom", "two queen beds", "fewer resale restrictions", etc.

All this talk of why VGF2 is "better" than RIV simply reflects opinions that are looking for justifications.

The real question is, does Disney want to sell VGF2 as being "better" than RIV, or does Disney want to sell VGF2 and RIV as equally wonderful resorts?
I think the latter. Vgf and riv as equally wonderful

Yes. Like you said, people are looking at the point charts and imagining themselves trading into other resorts.

Why pay more for VGF when the contract ends 6 years sooner and I can save $270 on my down payment by going with Riviera, plus $19 per month on my future payments by buying into Riviera, and then I can just stay at VGF with my Riviera points if I want to anyway?

And also, pricing the resorts differently is going to encourage people to actually dive into the numbers. Because you kind of have to in order to make a decision between two differently priced products. I imagine that's about the last thing someone trying to sell a timeshare ever wants anyone to do.
Ah! But you're talking like an educated DVC owner. You are a guide's worst nightmare. Okay, maybe not the worst but definitely not the preferred buyer.

The easiest sale is going to be for the newbie with pixie dust in their eyes, who loves the idea of being that close to the MK and who cares about 6 fewer years when we're still talking about 42 vs 48 years? Let the kids worry about that 'cause we'll be dead! Don't forget that the majority of luxury sales appeal to a buyer's emotions and not their heads.

And so what if the price difference drives sales to RIV instead of VGF2 as long as a sale is made? It's not as if RIV is a second-tier resort by comparison. RIV will still have more points to sell than VGF2 when sales begin, so that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing for any buyers on the fence to gravitate to RIV.

For those of you who are not willing to pay more than $250 a point...... please move out of the way and stand on the side while the people with real money make their purchases. Don't worry, the rest will be able to bid on availability at the 7month mark.
Then there are those with smart money who know when to spend and not to spend based on what is a sound investment or not

Ah! But you're talking like an educated DVC owner. You are a guide's worst nightmare. Okay, maybe not the worst but definitely not the preferred buyer.

The easiest sale is going to be for the newbie with pixie dust in their eyes, who loves the idea of being that close to the MK and who cares about 6 fewer years when we're still talking about 42 vs 48 years? Let the kids worry about that 'cause we'll be dead! Don't forget that the majority of luxury sales appeal to a buyer's emotions and not their heads.

And so what if the price difference drives sales to RIV instead of VGF2 as long as a sale is made? It's not as if RIV is a second-tier resort by comparison. RIV will still have more points to sell than VGF2 when sales begin, so that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing for any buyers on the fence to gravitate to RIV.

I think for those who know what they want…being near MK, and Indicate they are financing, it could be an easy sell and that monthly payment being slightly more won’t deter them

But, what about the buyer who doesn’t know yet much and has to be sold on the idea of DVC? Wont Guides still need to be able to explain why one is more than the other without disparaging the program?

I think the hard part about all of this is that normally, when a new resort is introduced, the current resort is closer to being sold out so the sell of the new resort would seem easier.

This is the first time you will have two resorts at WDW in the midst of full active sales At the same time.

I can imagine it was an lively discussion to decide which way to go because pricing close to each other seems like you can gear sales to the buyer by presenting both and the other seems like you could capitalize on the location in relation to MK and push the envelope by asking more and hope more buyers don’t care.

37 hours to go to find out what those at DVD decided!

For those of you who are not willing to pay more than $250 a point...... please move out of the way and stand on the side while the people with real money make their purchases. Don't worry, the rest will be able to bid on availability at the 7month mark.

What do you mean?

Don’t understand your point. Can you clarify?

People with infinite money should just keep their flexibility to book whenever and cancel late and pay cash.

I agree 100%. If DVC is not vocal about the resale restrictions, I’d buy RIV before VGF if VGF is more expensive. I’d likely buy RIV before VGF if they were the same price. 6 more years and my preference as a resort and proximity to parks I prefer.

I don’t see RIV as a step down at all. I have no clue how many other people feel that way, but I hear several others who have vocalized the same.
I'll never buy RIV no matter what it's priced at. In the event I have to sell it off, I know I am selling to people who can only stay there. If VGF2 comes in with the same stupid rules, I will not buy there either no matter the cost. While I plan to hold onto my contracts forever, you just never know what the future holds. I guess Disney assigning that stupid rule to VGF2 would make it an easy decision for me to purchase VGF resale.

I'll never buy RIV no matter what it's priced at. In the event I have to sell it off, I know I am selling to people who can only stay there. If VGF2 comes in with the same stupid rules, I will not buy there either no matter the cost. While I plan to hold onto my contracts forever, you just never know what the future holds. I guess Disney assigning that stupid rule to VGF2 would make it an easy decision for me to purchase VGF resale.

Being part of the same association, its a pretty safe bet that it won't have those restrictions. I think if they were going to try and do that, it would be known at this point.

Being part of the same association, its a pretty safe bet that it won't have those restrictions. I think if they were going to try and do that, it would be known at this point.
My guide does not think it will either (which is all the more reason to avoid Riviera). He also hinted toward a $255 price though, which would also push me into VGF resale. Based on what your guide said, he still could be underpromising to overdeliver. I just can't wait until the 3rd when we find out. I want to buy direct, and I am still considering waiting for DLT direct and purchasing VGF resale unless VGF2 comes in the low 200s and without restrictions. Of course, I am not buying DLT direct if it comes in with the stupid restrictions and will start looking into VGC resale at that point. So, I could end up with no direct contracts or two depending on the details.

I feel kinda like it’s a “ New Years Eve” type of night. Wish there was a DVC ball that dropped at midnight and cracked open with the opening sales price ! Hahaha…….But alas we have to wait until 9am on 3/3. Ugg….

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter