The What's for Dinner Thread - August 2014 (recipe index in OP)

Hi ladies. Sorry I have not been around. I have been spending a lot of time at the pool with my daughter. This week I am sick. I went to bed on Saturday felt fine woke up on Sunday with bronchitis and a double ear infection. So I haven't been cooking this week lol. Last night my dh ordered pizza and I had some chicken soup.

Hi ladies. Sorry I have not been around. I have been spending a lot of time at the pool with my daughter. This week I am sick. I went to bed on Saturday felt fine woke up on Sunday with bronchitis and a double ear infection. So I haven't been cooking this week lol. Last night my dh ordered pizza and I had some chicken soup.
....oh, buggers.....worst thing to happen - being sick in the summer....take care, my friend <<hugs>>

....I also have this:

BOB062.png

....to use instead of the Bisquick. I have both, but I'm not fond of the GF version of Bisquick...

Hope you get better soon.

Sorry you are not feeling well, that always sucks. Get better soon.

....ya....did you see mine? ;) [ #2923]

I don't know how I missed that! :confused3

....actually, I plan on stopping by Whole Foods later when I drop DS off at work.....

Huh. They have that soup at Whole Foods.

....I also have this:

BOB062.png

....to use instead of the Bisquick. I have both, but I'm not fond of the GF version of Bisquick...

I bet that one is better. Let me know how it comes out when you make it!

:hug: Sorry to hear about this, it's no fun being sick.

Been busy with appliance Repair guys. We had two different ones yesterday. One for our walk-in cooler and the other for our microwave. The walk-in cooler guy was successful, perhaps too much. It is now cooling to 27-30°,so I need to call him today and see if he can make it a bit warmer.

The microwave guy was not so successful. Our microwave is toast. So we bought an inexpensive countertop micro at Best Buy using a gift card. :faint:

Last night's dinner was Thai Pork Chops (not sure what makes them "Thai", just soy sauce, dried parsley, chopped garlic, oil, and lime juice). I grilled them along with zucchini, and made a couple frozen egg rolls.

Tonight we're having a one bone Prime Rib, Yorkshire Pudding, mushrooms in burgundy, and roasted asparagus.

We just 101 today, and it is going to rise another 2 to 3 degrees today, not ready for this heat.

Well, it did cool off yesterday some, and today should be above average in temp.

Last night for dinner I made chickpeas and sweet potato burgers that turned out pretty good, it has a 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce in the mix, so the burgers were a little on the sweet side with that and the sweet potato. With a side salad of garlicky kale.

Tonight for dinner is potato and pea curry.

You gals are sweltering there! The temperature did hit 92° as we were driving home from our concert, but then again just about everywhere has AC. Luckily it's cooler in Long Beach. We rejoiced when the dashboard thermometer read 75° as we arrived in Long Beach.

I never cook on concert night, and we had friends (met here on the DIS, and moved back to CA two weeks ago) who came to the concert. We all went out for Chinese food when we got back to Long Beach. I can't wait to eat the leftovers for breakfast!

Tonight we're having Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and asparagus. I've got 2 1/2 pounds of beef/pork, and I plan to make three loaves and freeze two of them for later.

Yesterday was our extended family's monthly dinner. I brought a bunch of fresh berry tarts (the kind that are very shallow with a light pastry cream and fresh glazed but uncooked berries on them. Fun to make, and the farm down the street had blueberries, raspberries, and marionberries (which were my favorite).

No long range plans, but tonight: kung pao chicken
Tomorrow: lentil soup

104 heat index is melting me and my desire for food, so I guess it is a good thing. I had Watermelon for dinner!

Tonight's dinner plan is pizza.

I'm so glad that we have good AC. Even though it's been hot outside we've been comfy in our house.

Last night I had planned for Bacon Sausages, Costco Mac and Cheese, and Creamed Spinach. However, some chatter on my TR thread caused me to crave steak and a wedge salad. The only thing I was missing was Blue Cheese chunks, so I picked some of those up at Trader Joes while I was at the post office (right next door). It was yummy! I had some hardboiled eggs that needed to be eaten so I made deviled eggs for Fran.

Tonight we're going to have chicken and red lentils. It's a recipe I found online that sounded really good. We'll have steamed zucchini on the side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter