The "Why I didn't speak to my sister for a week" trip report *** Now Complete :)

Marina - Loving your TR !!!!
The title caught my eye b/c I hate to travel with my sister, I have stupidly booked a family trip to the world in Oct for 9 people !!! What was I thinking????? Thank God for Food & Wine Festival, I only have to be completely sober on MK day. :lmao: You can bet that one wil end at EPCOT:drinking1

Let me tell you girl I am feeling your pain, been there done that, this time I've booked ONE ADR on arrival day then everyone is on their own. I will be thinking about you many many times during this trip. Can't wait for the rest and I see you're going to the poly this month :cool1: Hope you'll do a TR for that one too.
Lynn

PS Jon Bon Jovi is at the TOP of my "list of 5" :cloud9:

thought about you and Grumpy today. We went to our zoo and there was a family there from France who is spending a month here in the states. They were definitely having a sisterless trip. :rotfl2:

Aww man - I just knew I was going to get to read an update this morning.

Patiently (or maybe not so patiently:rolleyes2 ) waiting for more.

At some point - it was about 8.30pm - Alex called and asked me where the bus stop was and how they could come back from Pleasure Island after it closed. I was glad that they were at least going out somewhere, even if it wasn't with us.

Grumpy & I just walked around DTD looking at the stores, took our sweet time, vented, and were back at CSR a bit after midnight.

I could hear Jess snore through the wall.

Okay, at that point I probably would have just slipped a copy of MY plans under her door, and gone full steam ahead doing what I wanted to do - after all, it's your vacation too !

I know how defeating it can be to have planned for the entire group, hoping that everyone will absolutely be over the moon with happiness, only to have them poop out on you . . . . I planned a family reunion for my parents 35th anniversary, where I brought in 35 family members (paid for all events/dining/accomodations myself and most of their travel too :guilty:) and most of them b*tched the entire time. Then, just cuz apparently I'm stupid like that, I planned a family reunion cruise. Oh yeah, that was fun . . . . it was hard not to pitch certain people overboard when I thought no one was watching . . . .

As always, loving your TR Marina ! BTW, both my brothers are available (one is even pretty hot !) if you still need that visa ! The hot one (he's a "lifer" in the Air Force) has been married 5 times, so he's experienced !

I know how defeating it can be to have planned for the entire group, hoping that everyone will absolutely be over the moon with happiness, only to have them poop out on you . . . . I planned a family reunion for my parents 35th anniversary, where I brought in 35 family members (paid for all events/dining/accomodations myself and most of their travel too :guilty:) and most of them b*tched the entire time.

Ouch! That has to be the most horrible feeling in the world. I thought it was bad when one person of 4 did nothing but complain the whole time...but having almost an entire family of 35 people complain after you dropped thousands of dollars is just horrible. :sad2: I'm sorry that happened to you! At least now you know that you don't ever have to feel guilty when you go back to WDW without them! :thumbsup2 My sister keeps complaining that we keep going without her, I can't help but wonder why since she was so incredible miserable the last time.... :confused3

I just have to jump in. Your title snagged me right off the bat.

I feel your pain. In April I went to Puerto Rico with DSis, DMom & 2 other ladies. DSis drove us crazy. The last day of the trip, she & I walked to the beach. I returned without her. The others asked, "Where is Dsis?" I said, "I DROWNED her & YOU ALL OWE ME!"

Not one of them batted an eyelash. They just reached into their pockets & asked, "How much?" :lmao:

Obviously, I didn't drowned her (dang!) but I will NEVER vacation with her again.

Loving your report. Thanks for sharing.

I was just wondering, if maybe your DSis has a problem with her thyroid. That would account for her always being tired.

On the other hand, maybe she is just a grumble puss.

Waiting on an update, hope all is well. Can't wait to read what else your sister was up to. :surfweb: popcorn:: :rolleyes1

Melissa

Maybe Marina is busy playing with the hot guy from works hose.:rolleyes1 I was paying attention.:goodvibes

This trip report has been so much fun to read -- but I am really glad you are going back real soon now!! There were so many places in your report where I was just roaring with laughter. I had to sympathize with your "carding" issue - my sad story is I went to the liquor store on New Years Eve and bought a bottle of wine. As I was heading for the exit, the couple behind me got carded. They kind of made a big deal about it and the cashier says "I card anyone that looks under 45". Which wouldn't be THAT big of deal -- except I was ONLY 44~(obviously a bit touchy on that age thing)!!

Thanks for the humor - it's sometimes the only thing that keeps one going. Looking forward to the rest of this trip report -- and the next!!:3dglasses

I was just wondering, if maybe your DSis has a problem with her thyroid. That would account for her always being tired.

On the other hand, maybe she is just a grumble puss.

That is very true. I was always tired before I started taking thyroid medicine.

Morning all, only got a couple minutes :) Been pretty busy 'round here but I should be able to do some update(s) on Monday!

Oh Marina hope you're feeling better after your crash and burn...ogling the gardner and his hose will get ya everytime! ;)

You truely have earned your angel wings on this trip...OY....I would have left them in their room days ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter