Third US case of coronavirus confirmed in OC

We were at Disneyland all weekend and we washed hands SO MANY TIMES. Even more than usual. My hands are red. I also brought Clorox wipes and wiped down tables when we ate and used them on my kids hands after rides like toy story and buzz. I also yelled at them all weekend to keep their hands off their faces and out of their mouths. 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪
I hope you all stay healthy! You made me think of this meme. It's funny 'cause it's true.

16.jpg

I hope you all stay healthy! You made me think of this meme. It's funny 'cause it's true.

View attachment 469307

Seriously. When the older one gets sick, she’s easy to quarantine. She caught the flu last year and I immediately bleached the house and I wouldn’t let her leave her room. Even when she used the bathroom I went in after and bleached everything. No one in our house caught it. But when the little one is sick I just pray to God that I don’t get it because all she wants is mom to hold her. And she coughs and sneezes all over me. So gross. I need one of those masks. 🤣

For what it's worth, I was at Knott's on Sunday just after the case had been announced in Orange County (coincidentally, more people were talking about Kobe's death than the virus). I did see a few more people wearing face masks than usual, but otherwise, no one seemed really all that panicked. It was less crowded than usual, but I'm not sure if it was because of the illness, the helicopter crash, or just that it's not typically packed in January.

I've read that so far, according to some experts, the new illness is mostly affecting people over the age of 40 and the immunocompromised. If you're generally healthy, it looks like you might be not necessarily safe, but even if you get it, it wouldn't hit you as hard. So if anyone is questioning whether they should go to Orange County, it's really not some crazy thing, yet at least. Bring a mask if you feel it would help, but I think you're likely to be okay.

It seems that all cases in US and Canada so far are people who have travelled to that region in China... it has been reported that person-to-person contact doesn't seem to be the main source.

That being said, all the hand-washing!

We were at Disneyland all weekend and we washed hands SO MANY TIMES. Even more than usual. My hands are red. I also brought Clorox wipes and wiped down tables when we ate and used them on my kids hands after rides like toy story and buzz. I also yelled at them all weekend to keep their hands off their faces and out of their mouths. 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪
Same. My hands are bleeding they are so cracked from all the hand washing.

Same. My hands are bleeding they are so cracked from all the hand washing.

note to self: bring hand lotion this weekend to the parks so my hands aren't dry lol

I just read that the third US case of coronavirus has been confirmed in California. In Orange County, in fact. This is just a few hours before I leave for the park :-(. So far nothing reported about Anaheim/Disneyland. I’m sure that if there were a connection, it would have been mentioned. In other words, I’ve read or heard nothing that has discouraged me from visiting DL. Then again, there’s little that I could read that would discourage me ;-).

More details here.
I believe the president in the interests of safety is going to stop all direct flights from China na and presumably any connecting flights from China through all other countries .
UK BRITTISH AIRLINE HAVE STOPPED NOW FLIGHTS TO CHINA BECAUSE GOVERNMENT HAVE JUST ADVISED AGAINST TRAVEL

Last edited:

I believe the president in the interests of safety is going to stop all direct flights from China na and presumably any connecting flights from China through all other countries .
UK BRITTISH AIRLINE HAVE STOPPED NOW FLIGHTS TO CHINA BECAUSE GOVERNMENT HAVE JUST ADVISED AGAINST TRAVEL

Unless you mean direct (but not non-stop) how would that work? It's not like everyone on the flight from China to country A then get on the same flight from country A to the US.

Oh no.
Is this confirmed true in North America as well?

it has not been confirmed in the US yet, but has been confirmed in 3 other countries other then China. We are still in the incubation period, which is 14 days, so anything can happen. I am hoping that we have been able to contain it though through quarantining the ones infected.

For anyone with the dry cracking hands from washing them so much. Put A&D ointment on your hands and cover them with gloves at night. This will help to heal your hands and they will be softer as well. I worked in the infant room at a daycare for a long time. Wearing rubber gloves with powder in them and washing after each diaper change dried out my hands really bad. This is what helped me and the only thing I found to help.

For those at Disneyland having issues with all the handwashing and cracking, go to Rinse (outside DTD behind Earl) and get some of their skin moisturizing. We discovered it at Thanksgiving and used it over Christmas and it was wonderful! First year we haven't had issues with dried out hands. They also have hand sanitizer sprays.

it has not been confirmed in the US yet, but has been confirmed in 3 other countries other then China. We are still in the incubation period, which is 14 days, so anything can happen. I am hoping that we have been able to contain it though through quarantining the ones infected.

Hope so. I only know here in Canada the confirmed cases were all directly from China. Hoping quarantine contains it enough too.

Hope so. I only know here in Canada the confirmed cases were all directly from China. Hoping quarantine contains it enough too.

The counties are not close to us. They are Japan, Germany and maybe Thailand but can't remember for sure on the 3rd one.

Countries with Coronavirus to date:
23px-Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China.svg.png
Mainland China​
6,070​
132​
23px-Flag_of_Thailand.svg.png
Thailand​
14​
0​
23px-Flag_of_Hong_Kong.svg.png
Hong Kong​
11​
0​
23px-Flag_of_Singapore.svg.png
Singapore​
10​
0​
23px-Flag_of_the_Republic_of_China.svg.png
Taiwan​
8​
0​
23px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png
Japan​
7​
0​
23px-Flag_of_Macau.svg.png
Macau​
7​
0​
23px-Flag_of_Malaysia.svg.png
Malaysia​
7​
0​
23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.svg.png
Australia​
7​
0​
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States​

I continue to maintain that the flu is a much more real and severe risks for all Americans than the corona virus at this point. CDC information regarding complications from the novel corona virus can be found here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html. The corona virus is not deadly to everyone who catches it. Severity can range from mild to extreme—just like the flu.

However, in comparison to the 5 US cases of corona virus and 6,171 cases worldwide (according to the above chart), the CDC estimates 15 MILLION flu cases so far this year, including 140,000 hospitalizations, and 8,200 deaths—i.e., there have been more deaths from flu this year than the total number of people reported to have even contracted corona virus. This information can be found here: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/index.htm. And the flu is VERY contagious, including from person-to-person transmission, and is easily spread before the infected person even knows they’re sick.

I am not trying to fear-monger with respect to the flu. My point is that most healthy people do not spend significant time worrying about contracting flu, yet are panicking about an illness that, so far, poses a far less significant threat to anyone not actually traveling to Wuhan, China.

Countries with Coronavirus to date:
23px-Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China.svg.png
Mainland China​
6,070​
132​
23px-Flag_of_Thailand.svg.png
Thailand​
14​
0​
23px-Flag_of_Hong_Kong.svg.png
Hong Kong​
11​
0​
23px-Flag_of_Singapore.svg.png
Singapore​
10​
0​
23px-Flag_of_the_Republic_of_China.svg.png
Taiwan​
8​
0​
23px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png
Japan​
7​
0​
23px-Flag_of_Macau.svg.png
Macau​
7​
0​
23px-Flag_of_Malaysia.svg.png
Malaysia​
7​
0​
23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.svg.png
Australia​
7​
0​
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States​
Canada’s not on that list but we’ve had two confirmed cases in Toronto (husband and wife) for a few days now. There’s a possible case in BC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter