This doesn't happen at Disney World!

BettyBoop.IOA said:
You guys are so.. one sided! To make a decent point try to include bad things about Universal and good things.. because anyone could make a list that says "This doesn't happen is Universal" but where's the actual comparison? I don't mean to be insulting, it's just from an outsider, it's how it looks.
(Above post is not what im refering too.)
Ok-it rained one day while we were at Universal. Honestly,these parks are,IMO,so much better than WDW. If you don't like reading this,why keep coming back? I think you're wishcasting and it's not going to happen. If you want to read about how fabulous WDW is,there are plenty of threads on other boards. :wave:

LOL! That was GREAT Bobb-o!

Were doing US and IoA for the first time in December! Cant wait!

55 more days to go!
:cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana:

rie'smom said:
Ok-it rained one day while we were at Universal. Honestly,these parks are,IMO,so much better than WDW. If you don't like reading this,why keep coming back? I think you're wishcasting and it's not going to happen. If you want to read about how fabulous WDW is,there are plenty of threads on other boards. :wave:
*sigh* I know your right, and IMO Universal is better, It's just weird that some people dont give Uni a chance at all, and I don't know why I keep comming back.. Nothings good on TV.. :goodvibes

BettyBoop.IOA said:
Thats the employee, not the park. I've been yelled at by Disney Staff because I complained that someone stole our pram. "THATS NOT OUR PROBLEM LADY"
Trust me, it happens every where.

Disney policy is to charge $10 to be dropped off by a taxi. It has nothing to do with the employee; he did not decide to randomly charge me. I received a receipt for taxi drop off which I took to guest relations and they said that yes indeed, that is their policy. I do not fault an entire park for the mood of one employee but I do fault the entire park for something like a $10 drop off fee. That is just beyond price gouging!!!

Sounds like a "Disney Tax" -

Walt Disney World - thru its Reedy Creek Improvement District - has basically become a taxing authority.

Sounds like they implemented a taxi tax (much like a hotel tax as it is a use tax) which any municipality can do, if they have a sort of medallion system or otherwise license the taxis.

So in a certain global sense it does happen elsewhere- but does it happen outside of disney in Orange County or in Osceola County or in the City of Lake Buena Vista or even city of Orlando?

So I guess this TAX DOES happen at disney.

damo said:
Disney policy is to charge $10 to be dropped off by a taxi. It has nothing to do with the employee; he did not decide to randomly charge me. I received a receipt for taxi drop off which I took to guest relations and they said that yes indeed, that is their policy. I do not fault an entire park for the mood of one employee but I do fault the entire park for something like a $10 drop off fee. That is just beyond price gouging!!!

That is too bad that they charge for taxi drop off. At least they don't charge for self-parking like they do at US. Let's face it! It's all a big money making scam! :teeth:

parking your car in a lot and being dropped off by in a paid vehicle is two different things.

At least they don't charge for self-parking like they do at US.
Just because WDW does not charge you doesnt mean it isnt included in the hotel rate.

Well at least at US self parking is close to hotel entrance unlike AKL where it is a long walk and forces you to valet park.

Bobb-O said:
Just because WDW does not charge you doesnt mean it isnt included in the hotel rate.

Well at least at US self parking is close to hotel entrance unlike AKL where it is a long walk and forces you to valet park.

I don't know where you parked, but the self parking we used was not close to our hotel and they charged us for valet parking! We never use valet parking and we don't mind walking. :goodvibes
My friend was charged $8.00 for a bottle of water that was sitting by the bed at HH, which she thought was complimentary. US hotels aren't exactly a bargain!
My point still is......ALL of the parks over charge for things!

pinktink, if you were charged for valet parking in error, all you have to do is tell the front desk and they remove that charge.

macraven said:
pinktink, if you were charged for valet parking in error, all you have to do is tell the front desk and they remove that charge.

I didn't realize it until after I flew home. I know I should have called them and they probably would have corrected it. I check over my bill now before I leave! :thumbsup2

PinkTink63 said:
I didn't realize it until after I flew home. I know I should have called them and they probably would have corrected it. I check over my bill now before I leave! :thumbsup2

if you call the hotel, they wil give you a credit. they are very good about fixing things.

one time i was charged for valet parking.
problem was, i didn't have a car there...... :rotfl: :rotfl:

it was taken off without any argument.
i told them and they gave me the credit.

loews wants no bad press.
they have 4 star hotels and want that image untarnished.

give them a call and get the credit.

Room prices, park hopper prices and annual pass prices at Universal are very cheap compared to Disney. An annual pass at Universal is $179, at Disney is it $550. A 7 day pass is $85 at Universal, at Disney it is $350. Deluxe room rates are much higher at Disney than at Universal(even including parking) and you don't get any perks like Express Pass access.

damo said:
Room prices, park hopper prices and annual pass prices at Universal are very cheap compared to Disney. An annual pass at Universal is $179, at Disney is it $550. A 7 day pass is $85 at Universal, at Disney it is $350. Deluxe room rates are much higher at Disney than at Universal(even including parking) and you don't get any perks like Express Pass access.

another reason why i adore universal.
thanks damo !!

damo said:

That's the reason why we can do Universal once or twice each year while we do Disney once every two or three years.

macraven said:
if you call the hotel, they wil give you a credit. they are very good about fixing things.

one time i was charged for valet parking.
problem was, i didn't have a car there...... :rotfl: :rotfl:

it was taken off without any argument.
i told them and they gave me the credit.

loews wants no bad press.
they have 4 star hotels and want that image untarnished.

give them a call and get the credit.

Thanks, but I think it is a little late to do that! It was about 2 years ago! :rotfl:

silverhaze269 said:
WDW and USO are two completely different parks. They are marketed to a different demographic and as such you’re bound to have some differences. I would say Disney is marketed to families with children, young children especially. Because of this everything has a family feel, something that I really like. Their themeing seems to be more cartoon oriented, something that’s to be expected because that’s where Disney got his start. I think that’s what gives the park that childlike appeal. No matter how old you are there’s just something about WDW that makes it that magical place where you can be a kid again. It’s great. Plus there’s something for everyone, especially at Epcot. In my opinion, you can’t go to Orlando and not see the Magic Kingdom at least.

Both resorts are really great, but when it boils down to it, no one resort is better than the other. They are both awesome in their own respect. Just because you prefer one over the other doesn’t make the other one not as good. Don’t sweat the small stuff and enjoy your vacation! :goodvibes
Flyin2MCO said:
My two cents: Disney and Universal are both fantastic and magical! I'm grateful we all have both to experience.

I've found over the years that vacations/relationships/life are what you make of them...expectations play a large role, but having a plan while also being able to make adjustments and deal with frustrations leads to a better state of mind.
We totally agree! Anytime we visit Orlando, we make sure to spend time at both parks - they both have something different to offer. We woudn't miss either. You can't compare one to the other, at least not fairly.

Over the years, we've stayed off site, on-site at Disney and are planning on staying on-site at USF during our next trip. Yes we've had 'glitches' at both the off site hotels and on-site at Disney, but one has to remember that people are human and mistakes will occur - even in this age of technology. I think the biggest problem is that as a society we've come to expect perfection in an imperfect world.

Your vacation is what you make of it - and if you dwell on the negatives, that is all you will remember.

(climbing down off my soapbox now)

Bonny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter