This IS my first rodeo! A Disney Wish trip report!

stuffandfluff

Mouseketeer
Welcome to the cruising portion of my first-ever trip report! This is part 2 of my report, so if you’d like to see our pre-cruise trip to Disney World, you can read that here: Part 1! but if not, welcome!

The cast: Me - hey there! I’m stuffandfluff, an anxious planner who loves a color-coded spreadsheet and a fan of all things Disney!

Resized_20220807_093902_629491355921058.jpeg

My momma: My Disney-loving momma who loves drinking coffee on the hub grass and following along on the adventures I plan for us!

20220805_133529(0).jpg

Some facts about our cruise:
  • We did a 3-night Disney Wish cruise from August 5th to August 8th!
  • This is our first ever cruise! We’ve been to Disney World 5 times before, but never done a cruise!
  • We’re celebrating my 21st birthday on this cruise!
  • We ended up going on the Wish unintentionally, as it had the best price and dates for us!
  • Our biggest must-dos were trivia, character meets, and the stage shows!
  • We just barely got our testing results uploaded the night before embarkation (read part one for more info!)

I chose to celebrate my 21st birthday on a Disney cruise, rather than a trip to New York or Vegas, because we watch a lot of Disney vloggers, and from what they showed, it seemed like the perfect kind of trip for two massive Disney fans! If you have any questions for us, definitely feel free to ask, we would love to answer!

Will we win at trivia? Will I finally get to take a selfie with my favorite Disney prince - Kristoff? Will we get into Hyperspace Lounge? All this and more on “This IS my first rodeo! A Disney Wish trip report”!

Welcome! If you missed the first part of my trip report, no worries! This part will be mostly cruise dedicated. To start off our day, we got breakfast in the Contemporary lobby and waited for Disney transportation to arrive and pick us up. When it arrived around 9:30 am, the cast member gathered us all up and walked us out to the bus. We were expecting one of the themed cruise buses, so imagine our surprise when we were presented with just a regular Mears bus! Oh well, at least we had transportation to the cruise, so we couldn’t complain! Bye Contemporary!

20220805_093300.jpg

The trip took about 90 minutes, so I used that time to send the photos I liked from my mom’s phone to me, and catch up on some of the sleep I had been missing over the last 3 days!

Soon enough though, I was woken up by some excited chatter from the other side of the bus. What was going on?

20220805_104611.jpg

Ah, that’s what! That’s a ship alright!

The check-in process was super smooth and in no time, we were waiting around in the port.

20220805_111012.jpg20220805_111309.jpg

While we waited, we took a closer look at the ship from the viewing area, got some pressed pennies, and took some photos with a Disney Wish backdrop. You’ll notice I don’t have any of the professional Shutters photos. Can you guess why that is? (It’s because we forgot to buy them onboard!) *facepalm* It’s ok though, we took enough photos on our own to rival Shutters in every way!

20220805_112712.jpg

The boarding process started a lot quicker than we expected, causing us to have to rush out of the bathroom and into the line to finally pass under the massive Mickey ears!

20220805_114202.jpg

We had boarded! They announced our names into the Grand Hall, and we entered to see Tiana waving at us from the high balcony! We explored the area a bit before Lord Leopold came out on stage and invited us to all make a wish come true using our special wishing wands!

20220805_114643.jpg20220805_114750.jpgResized_20220805_115210_451632852185688.jpeg

After that, we quickly made our way to our muster station, and tried watching the safety video, but about 3 minutes in, I got an error saying the video could not be played. *eye roll* We resolved to just watch the video when they played it on FunnelVision later.

20220805_120331.jpg

We had been hearing about how small Hyperspace Lounge was, and how quickly it had been filling up, so we made our way directly to Luna Lounge to try and book a reservation. However, when we made it there, the cast member informed us that the reservation booking didn’t start until 1 pm, so we left and headed off to get some lunch while the ship was still decently empty. Our first meal on board was at Festival of Foods, where I got the chicken tenders, and mom got the barbeque. Both were delicious, and afterwards, we shared a chocolate/vanilla swirl cone!

20220805_121936.jpg20220805_124346.jpg

Making our way back through the Grand Hall, Cinderella was now on top of the atrium, waving to guests. We had somewhere else to be though, so we said hello and kept moving until we made it back to Luna Lounge. It was about 12:55, yet the line was nearly out the door, and along with that, the cast member nearly let us in the wrong door, and the chairs and tables in the lounge made it very difficult to queue up properly, to the point that many of us were unsure who was next in line or who was behind us.

20220805_124644.jpg20220805_130249.jpg

As we waited, we sparked up a conversation with those around us, one of whom in the dining reservations line mentioned that he was able to book Hyperspace Lounge through the app. My eyes widened, and I quickly launched the app, made my way to Reservations and Onboard Fun, and booked a 2:30 pm reservation for our third day without hesitating. Unfortunately, those around us were not as lucky, as it seemed that the slots were filling up fast, and none of their booking confirmations were going through. After checking the app about 20 times to be certain our confirmation was there, we wished our new friends good luck and started exploring the rest of the ship.

Screenshot_20220805-125852_Disney Cruise Line Navigator.jpg

We made sure to visit the Oceaneer’s Club during the open house, and it was so cute in there! I loved the princess-themed area, and the Small World nursery had some of the cutest art I’ve ever seen! We also took the slide down, but I will warn you - it is very fast and very bumpy, and possibly a bad idea if wearing a skirt! 😵

20220805_132849.jpg20220805_132930.jpg

We also walked through the Hyperspace Lounge open house and breathed a sigh of relief that we had gotten a time slot to visit later!

20220805_134712.jpg

We still hadn’t heard anything about our room being ready, so we stopped by the pool deck and lounged for a bit in the shade while watching Aladdin. I checked online to see how we would learn our rooms were ready, and found info that said they don’t announce it, but it’s usually around 2:00. It was 2:30 at this point, so we got up and headed down to deck 6 to check - and lo and behold - there was our room, ready to go!

Our room was Cinderella themed, which I was very happy about! We also had a very nice bump-out verandah view.

20220805_143907.jpg

I was also very surprised to find a special birthday treat waiting for me in our room! I have the best momma!

Polish_20220815_114112649.jpg

We took this time before the sail-away show to get set up and decorate our door. We got two character magnets from Etsy and a whiteboard from Amazon to write questions for other guests to answer. Day one’s question: “Who is your favorite Pixar Character?”

20220805_160347-01.jpeg

After getting everything ready in our room, we went down to watch the sail-away show, and it was HOT! I popped out my umbrella while we waited for the show to start, and we got as close to the shady part of the deck as possible, assuming it would start covering us more as the sun moved.

20220805_162502.jpg

The show was so fun and cute, and I got some great character shots!

20220805_164042(0).jpg20220805_164150.jpg20220805_164445(0).jpg

We explored the ship a bit more before we had to head back to our room to get ready for dinner.

20220805_174854.jpg

We had early dining at 5:45 pm, and our first rotational dining restaurant was 1923. I’m a big fan of historical fashion, so I knew I wanted to put some cute 1920s style touches into my outfit and makeup!

20220805_184757.jpg

Mom and I both got the Ink and Paint mocktail for dinner, which was delicious! Mom instantly regretted getting a lemonade-based drink with her heartburn, but she still liked the flavor. They also came with edible lime-flavored straws, which were super fun to drink from and eat!

20220805_180756.jpg

The honey butter dip was very good with the bread!

For appetizers, we shared the ahi tuna and the burrata mozzarella cheese. They were both delicious, and I would definitely recommend the ahi tuna. I also really liked the mozzarella, but mom liked it less. We got it without the prosciutto, because we don’t eat pork, and mom thought it needed something to break up the cheese, but I’m the kind of person who eats cheese on its own, so I loved it!

20220805_181224.jpgResized_20220805_181231_453698369129195.jpeg

We also got the tomato soup, which was very good, and a nicely sized portion.

20220805_183034.jpg

I got the peppered filet mignon, which was pretty good too. I was worried it would be too peppery, but it wasn’t - the sauce was a bit peppery for my taste though. My potatoes were ok. Does anyone know the *odor* of the Disney World monorails? That’s what the potatoes tasted like. 🤢 My green beans were also very tough, so I avoided them out of fear that I would have a hard time swallowing them.

20220805_183534.jpg

Mom got the green circle chicken, and did not like it. Most of the chicken we tried on this trip, other than the chicken tenders, was not great. The chicken was dry and not very flavorful, and the brussel sprouts were also a bit bland. Mom’s potatoes also had the strange taste that mine did, but were also strangely spicy, to the point that she couldn’t eat any more because her mouth was on fire! When I tried a bite, I didn’t get much spice, so I don’t know if it was just that one bite, but it was very strange.

Resized_20220805_183543_454039526061831.jpeg

As we ate, the woman at the table behind us suddenly got up and pointed out the window, and when we turned to look, we saw this!

20220805_185641.jpg

Double rainbow!

For dessert, we got the Bavarian cream, which I loved, the orange cake, which I did not like (just not a fan of orange) and the sugar spice churros, which our server Cornwall suggested - and he was right to do so!

20220805_190713.jpg20220805_190719.jpgResized_20220805_190729_454153285672222.jpeg

1923 was probably our least favorite dinner of the three. The food wasn’t the best, and the only thing that stood out was the ahi tuna appetizer.

After dinner, we had a trivia we wanted to attend, but based on how long dinner took, we were going to be leaving right as it started, and we had been hearing that it was best to arrive early, so I ran out to grab us a seat while mom waited behind to figure out anything extra we needed to do. Eventually she ended up leaving so she could meet me, and later we learned she had to sign for the mocktails - oops! But no worries, we got it all figured out eventually!

This would be a good time to talk about some of the shocks we experienced as first-time cruisers. My biggest complaint was the scheduling of events. I understand that there are limited cast members on board, and that there are reserved times for dinner and shows, but it always felt like we were running late to everything we wanted to do, because the event either had only 1 or 2 schedulings the entire time, or the times were too close to something else. For example, I had to run out of dinner early almost every night to try and catch trivia on time - when it could have been pushed back a few minutes to allow people to fully digest their desserts. Another example, I wanted to meet Goofy, but he only had about 3 meeting times, and based on what else we had scheduled, the only time to meet him was 15 minutes before the pirate show, meaning I had to meet him solo while mom grabbed us a seat. I’m sure part of the issue was that we are first-time cruisers - it would be like trying to do a first-time Disney World trip in 3 days - you’ll never do everything you want to, but the timing of events just felt messy, and the inability to plan ahead made it even tougher.

Another shock we faced was with the bathrooms. There were no bathrooms located inside of the rotational dining restaurants - each time, we had to get up, wander through the entire dining room since we were at the back, and fully exit the restaurant to use the bathroom. The worst offender was 1923, where we had to walk through the entire dining room, then make our way across the grand hall and hope we went to the side with the women’s room! Because of this, I was often running to the bathroom as quickly as possible before shows started at Worlds of Marvel and Arendelle, sometimes missing parts of the experience when I got lost!

Anyways, back to having fun! I made it to trivia just in time to snag the last seat in Keg and Compass and mom joined me soon after. This was Disney trivia level 2, and we did not win. 😔 Oh well, there’s still more time! And we met an amazing cast member - Brooke, who was most recently on the Galactic Starcruiser for her DCP before joining the Wish crew! What an amazing journey to be on! As someone who is obsessed with the storyline behind the Starcruiser and hoping to do the DCP next year, I loved talking with Brooke!

After trivia, we headed down to the Walt Disney Theatre to watch Seas the Adventure! I loved the show - it was super cute and I loved seeing all the different characters join together! This show was my Multiverse of Madness! 😉

20220805_200818.jpg

I had heard that the show culminated in Goofy leading everyone out to the Grand Hall for a meet and greet, but it didn’t, so I was a bit disappointed - especially after seeing Hercules in the show! We waited around in the Grand Hall for a bit, seeing if anyone showed up, with mom on the lower floor and me on deck 5, which led to this great text conversation between us! 😂

Screenshot_20220805-211909_Disney Cruise Line Navigator.jpg

Thankfully, I did get to meet Captain Minnie then, which is better than nothing! I told her that her new outfit looked cute yet professional, and that she’s going to have no problem at all steering the boat, since she’s so talented!

20220805_213202-01.jpeg

After that, we explored the ship a bit more, and stumbled into the Bayou, where we stopped for some beignets. The best ones I’ve ever had!

20220805_215013.jpg

I also technically got to see my other favorite Disney prince! Ashedanza!

20220805_213845.jpg

We did a bit of shopping where I got the teal shorts and blue tank top from the new Little Mermaid collection, which I’m wearing as I type this, and they are so comfy - if you like comfy shorts, I would definitely recommend these! They’re slightly silky and very stretchy! I also got the coral colored Disney Wish shirt, and a Sven plushie!

20220805_232218.jpg

Back in our room, we discovered a sheep (or ram?) on our bed, and settled in to watch Finding Nemo on the tv!

20220805_224253.jpg20220805_230131_013.jpg

That night, we also ordered the cheese plate and some chicken tenders from room service, and nearly fell asleep before they arrived! What a shock when a knock sounded at the door!

Resized_20220806_001414_530560063063930.jpeg

We also filled out our breakfast order for the morning. Good night Disney Wish!

Day two! I again had a hard time waking up, but my Mickey mouse bagel definitely helped perk me up!

20220806_064630.jpg

I also put on Beauty and the Beast, which kept me entertained as I got ready for the day. This was our Nassau day, but we had little interest in getting off the boat, so we booked a massage for the morning, figuring we wouldn’t be missing much on or off-board. We could feel the boat docking while in the spa!

20220806_074914.jpg

The massage was a bamboo massage, so we weren’t sure of what to expect, but it mostly felt like a regular massage, with our massage therapists sometimes utilizing bamboo tubes to roll our muscles.

One piece of advice - if you’re going to a massage early, don’t drink anything before you go! At breakfast, I had a sip of water to take my medicine, and half a carton of milk, and I had to get up and go to the bathroom twice in the middle of my 90 minute massage! It felt embarrassing asking twice in such a short amount of time, but I figured it would be better to ask and be comfortable than not ask and not enjoy the massage!

They did do some upselling after the massage, and while they were a little pushy at first, when I made it clear that I probably wouldn’t be buying anything, they dropped it.

On our way back from the massage, Mickey was meeting, so we hopped in line, even though I was looking like a mess in the random clothes I tossed on for the massage!

20220806_094209(0)-01.jpeg

The question of the day today, in preparation for pirate night later was “Who is your favorite Disney villain?”

20220806_073540-01.jpeg

Back at our room, I changed into more normal clothes, did my makeup, and got some pictures of Nassau from a distance before we went off to explore and get lunch.

20220806_095055.jpg

While checking out the artwork on each floor, we stumbled upon Arendelle! The hallway is so perfectly themed, and I knew we had to come back at some point early in the day to get pictures all on our own!

20220806_104421.jpg

Lunch today was Marceline Market, and we showed up right at 12, when they opened, so only about half of the booths were ready to go, and none of the food looked super interesting, so I got a bowl of rice and teriyaki salmon, a twice baked potato and some other type of potato I can’t remember the name of! 😵‍ Mom got chicken, potatoes, a goat-cheese stuffed tomato, and the charcuterie board. We weren’t the biggest fan of this food. It was all pretty dry and flavorless, and we definitely preferred Festival of Foods. The only thing I loved was the goat-cheese tomato, because I love goat cheese!

20220806_115236(0).jpg
20220806_121107.jpgResized_20220806_120754_531143183756888.jpeg

Going back to my anxiety over the scheduling, I kept trying to check the app to figure out what times would be best to do which event, but the times were all getting scrambled in my head, so when we finished lunch, we made our way back to our room and wrote down a general plan for when we wanted to do which activity, then popped up to the pool deck to grab a virgin pina colada and watch Hercules while waiting for our next event!

20220806_133204_001.jpg

Around 2:00, we made our way down to the atrium to watch one of the game shows - Who’s Behind the Curtain. It was a bit simplistic - a 20-questions style guessing game for kids to figure out which Disney characters were behind the curtain, and I wanted to see if they brought out any super rare characters, but it was just Pluto, Donald and Mickey. The show was super cute though, and I loved seeing the questions the kids asked, and the character interactions were adorable. At one point, Donald tried peeking behind the curtain and then blamed Pluto for it!

20220806_141916.jpg

20220806_141553_2.jpg

After the show, it was time to start getting ready for dinner. I originally planned to wear a different outfit for dinner and change for pirate night later, but based on the schedule we had made, we wouldn’t have time to go back and get ready, so I ended up wearing my pirate night outfit to dinner, which I didn’t mind too much - it was cute!

20220806_152425 (1).jpg

Mom wanted to meet Chewbacca at some point, and the line was massive! I don’t know much about Star Wars besides the Starcruiser, so I stayed back and became her photographer this time!

Resized_20220806_164846_531632294032841.jpeg

We also went up to deck 5 to finally get a good photo with Captain Hook and Smee! (see part one for context!) We talked about finding treasure, and I told them my favorite pirate joke. What’s a pirate’s favorite letter? You may think it’s R, but his real love be the C! :laughing:

Resized_20220806_161746_628889511031407-01.jpeg

Finally, it was dinner time! This night, we were at Worlds of Marvel, and the show was really cute! Neither of us know a lot about Marvel, but the show still made sense with our limited knowledge. They also had cool character showcases about technology and powers on the screens next to the tables which we appreciated!

20220806_173936.jpg

Before the show started, I decided I should use the bathroom, so I found my way back to the entrance from our table at the very back of the restaurant. When I came back though, the door to our dining room was shut, and when I pulled the handle, it didn’t move. I figured maybe the show was going on, so I went into the other dining room to see if I could go around the long way. Long story short, I couldn’t, and as soon as I had gotten to the end of the wrong dining room, the show began, leaving me trying to get out in a panic while trying not to be in anyone’s way. Yikes! When I got out, I saw a cast member opening up the door to the right dining room - by sliding it to the side. *facepalm* Eventually, I made it back to my seat in time to eat!

This was probably my favorite bread. I didn’t try the dip, which was a red bell pepper dip, because I cannot stand the taste of peppers, but the marble bread with just butter was delicious! It also looked super neat.

20220806_174609.jpg

I got the Quantum Core Sipper mocktail, which was very good!

20220806_181307.jpg

For an appetizer, we both got the fried shrimp, which came with grits, if you’re wondering why I chose that one! (See part one!) It was very, very good! I believe this restaurant had my favorite appetizers. The shrimp was huge and it paired perfectly with the grits and veggies.

20220806_181320.jpg

We also got the mushroom soup, which was amazing as well! Highly recommended!

20220806_182840.jpg

For her entree, mom got the chicken schnitzel, which was another exception to the chicken rule, as she thought it was very tasty! I got the golden mystic pasta, which was pretty good, but definitely needed more seasoning.

Resized_20220806_184245_531899724103318.jpeg20220806_184245.jpg

We were feeling super full after dinner - I don’t know how people can order multiple entrees at once - we could barely finish ours! Because of this, we ordered the cheesecake byte to share, which was very tasty! Then, I rushed off to trivia again while mom signed for the mocktails!

20220806_191629.jpg

Tragically, we lost trivia again, but it was alright, as next on our agenda was a meet and greet with Chip and Dale, who were on the hunt for treasure, especially if that treasure included acorns! Pictured is them jumping for joy after I told them I'd help them find some acorn treasure!

Resized_20220806_200836_628901808420330.jpeg

Then, we went back up to the pool deck to get some cute photos of our outfits. As I was taking pictures on the pool stairs, I lost my balance trying to turn around and stumbled backwards, scraping my ankle against the lip of the stair, but stayed upright, and I didn’t think much of it until I realized it was still hurting. That’s when I saw blood soaking through my sock and shoe! A very kind cast member ran to get me a bandage and it stopped hurting soon after, but it was a very strange experience, especially since it didn’t feel like I had scraped myself too hard! Be careful on those stairs folks!

20220806_202828.jpg

We explored some more of the decorated staterooms and the artwork on each floor before going up to deck 12 to watch the pirate show! It was so much fun, and the fireworks were so special!

20220806_224206-01.jpeg

On our way back to our room, we stopped and got some ice cream - I got dulce de leche with popping boba and a Fear chocolate, and mom got black raspberry stracciatella with a Captain Minnie chocolate, and both were very good! I also bought some macarons - my favorite - which I ended up bringing home, and ate the other day, and they were very good too!

20220806_225040.jpgResized_20220806_230345_532094655058714.jpeg

Tonight, our towel animal scared us when we popped open the door and saw it lurking! Our stateroom host, Wannee, got a kick out of it lurking in the darkness! 😂

20220806_211638.jpg

One day left! See you soon!

Day 3! Today was Castaway Cay day, and we had an early start, as we booked the Royal Gathering for 9 am today.

20220807_074921.jpg

I got some croissants and pastries from room service that morning and in no time, we were off to meet some princesses!

20220807_074703.jpg

Question of the day - “What is your favorite Disney movie?”

20220807_085109-01.jpeg

For the Royal Gathering, it started with an appearance from Lady Lenora, who introduced each princess and led them down the Grand Hall stairs to their meeting areas. The princesses that appeared were Tiana, Moana, Belle, Rapunzel, and Cinderella.

20220807_090235.jpg

I was overjoyed to meet Moana, as she was only one of two princesses I’ve never met. Now I only have to meet Pocahontas, and my list will be complete!

Resized_20220807_091436_629077446543495.jpeg

The other princesses were also lovely as usual.

Resized_20220807_091152_628988978483182.jpeg

Resized_20220807_091556(0)_629177226012347.jpeg

Resized_20220807_091805_629219540151195.jpeg

Resized_20220807_091953_629298276315739.jpeg

After this, we went down to deck 1 to get off at Castaway Cay.

20220807_093431.jpg

We didn’t plan to stay very long - we’re not big fans of beaches, but we wanted to see gift shops and check out the Bob Iger sign, which I can confirm is still there! Mom was very happy.

20220807_093530.jpg

This sign was also there.

20220807_102943.jpg

We took the tram to stop one to check out the gift shop, and got a photo with Mount Rustmore too!

Resized_20220807_095943_619327904174452.jpeg

I thought the tram would take a long time to get so far down the island, but it didn’t take long at all! In the gift shop, I bought an Ariel shirt that says “Mer-made for vacation”, but mom didn’t see anything she liked. The sizes in both the gift shops on board and at Castaway Cay were pretty limited too, which was surprising, because we visited the gift shops on day 1 and Castaway Cay early in the morning, so it’s not like we waited too long for sizes to sell out.

20220807_101325.jpg

Once we had seen all we wanted to see on Castaway Cay, we took the empty tram back to the boat. I changed dresses quickly in the bathroom and we took some time to go see the Arendelle hallway and take pictures!

20220807_104343.jpg20220807_104500.jpg20220807_104422.jpg

Lunchtime was quickly approaching, so we went back to Festival of Foods and mom got the barbeque again because she loved it so much, and I tried Donald’s Cantina! I really loved it - it was like Chipotle but with more options, but without as many spices. I still really liked it though, and would definitely go there again if we ever go back!

20220807_110821.jpg

Then, while everyone was off splashing in the ocean on the island, we went up to a decently empty pool deck and watched The Lion King from Daisy’s pool that we had all to ourselves! The pools were interesting, only a few of them were swimmable, and most were very shallow. For example, Daisy’s pool was about 6 inches deep, which we didn’t mind, we just wanted to soak, but we were surprised at the lack of lap-swimming.

20220807_130328.jpg

We also decided this would be a good time to ride the AquaMouse. The wait time was listed at 60 minutes, but it probably took less than half that. The line is also fully in shade, which was nice! The ride was super fun, but warning, you WILL get wet! I was in the back seat, and I came out fully soaked!

We had some more time until our next event, which was our Hyperspace Lounge booking, so we got some more virgin pina coladas and watched the end of the film! We also got to see them fixing some broken tiles on FunnelVision!

20220807_132843.jpg

Our reservation for Hyperspace Lounge was at 2:30, so we got dressed and made our way down. I know very little about the Star Wars universe, but I thought the bar looked super cool and themed!

20220807_145619.jpg

20220807_150344.jpg

As I mentioned, I’m a big Starcruiser fan, and my favorite character is Sammie the Mechanic, so I wore my Sammie t-shirt that I got from an artist on Instagram, and tagged both him and an actor from the Starcruiser, who loved it!

20220807_143259.jpg

There were two mocktails at the lounge, so I got the Cloud City, and mom got the Temple Twist. I wasn’t a big fan of either. Mine tasted like heavy cream, with orange ice cream on top, which I didn’t like very much, but I bet if you mixed them, it might taste like a creamsicle! Mom liked hers, but it had too much of a ginger flavor to me. She thought it was refreshing though!

Resized_20220807_144023.jpeg

Resized_20220807_144010.jpeg

Before dinner, we stopped by the Grand Hall to meet Goofy! I told him what a great job he did steering the ship in the show, and told him I’d get him some leftovers from dinner!

20220807_163235-01.jpeg

Speaking of dinner, it’s time to get there! This is the dinner I was looking most forward to, because Kristoff is one of my favorite Disney princes, so I REALLY wanted a photo with him and Anna, plus I love Frozen!

20220807_174830.jpg

The restaurant theming was so perfect. I brought my little Sven with us to enjoy the meal!

20220807_174836.jpg

I got the Worth Melting For mocktail (in the front), and mom got the Warm Hugs mocktail (in the back), and I think I liked mom’s better, but they were both very delicious!

20220807_180355.jpg

The bread was amazing, and the dip was roasted onion, which was light and delicious!

For appetizers, we each got the koltbord, which was very tasty, but everything on the board was sort of the same. Mom loved it though, and even ate the rest of mine when I couldn’t finish it! We also got the baked scallops, which were hard to eat, but delicious!

20220807_181444.jpg

20220807_181436.jpg

Does anyone else find character meals very stressful? I love them so much, but I’m always either eating so fast before the characters show up or not eating at all, so that I don’t have food on my face when meeting them!

The show was a lot of fun. They sang just about every song from Frozen and Frozen 2, and Oaken was very funny! Our table was a bit at the back of the restaurant, so we didn't get the best view, but I did my best to get photos!

20220807_181056.jpg

20220807_182030.jpg

20220807_181812.jpg

We also got the carrot soup, but I don’t like carrots, so I don’t know what I was expecting. 😂

Resized_20220807_183402_643000634771863.jpeg

Last edited:
Then, the characters began coming around. I kept a close eye on Kristoff and Anna the whole time. Since this was on the cruise, it wasn’t like typical character dining. The characters interacted with about 2-3 tables at a time from a distance, so I was worried that they would just talk to the table in front of us and then leave, or that I wouldn’t be able to get a word in before they had to go. Tensions were high!

Olaf and Oaken came around first, and they played some charades with us. It was very cute, and Oaken said hello to my tiny Sven!

20220807_182745.jpg

Then, Anna and Kristoff were next. I was so nervous, but we had a great conversation about my Sven, and my birthday, and I got my picture!

Resized_20220807_183208_629675062363761.jpeg

Yes! I think the key is to be kind but assertive - which is hard for me to do at times, but since this was a once in a lifetime experience I had been waiting for for months, I was able to build up the courage and get the photo I wanted! :jumping1:

Elsa also came around after them, and I said hello, but I had already gotten a photo with her at Epcot, so I stayed seated and said hi from a distance!

Resized_20220807_183646_629719578929379.jpeg

Finally, I could relax and enjoy my entree! I got the juniper roasted chicken breast, which was a bit dry and very chewy, but the potatoes and mushrooms that came on the side were wonderful. Mom got the beef rib-eye, and upon trying a bite of hers, I wished I had gotten that! It was so juicy and flavorful, and melted in my mouth - yum! Because of that, I think this was probably my favorite restaurant - either this one or Worlds of Marvel - and it was definitely my mom’s favorite.

20220807_184040.jpg
Resized_20220807_184110_643017900431787.jpeg

For dessert, we shared the chocolate rock bar, which was nice and light and very good. Our server also brought me a special chocolate cake for my birthday!

20220807_191212.jpg
20220807_191624.jpg

During dessert, they had a special parade around the room while they sang Love is an Open Door, and our assistant server, Shelby, (who was absolutely amazing the whole time) told me about the parade ahead of time because she knew how much I loved the characters! She got me a little Arendelle flag to wave as we paraded around - it was so much fun!

We got a selfie with our servers before we left too!

20220807_191427.jpg

Yet again, we rushed off to Pixar villains trivia, and this time, it was packed. We weren’t sure if we would even find a seat, but some folks left halfway through. This time, we were doing quite well. We had 18/20 - our highest score so far! Unfortunately, so did another team. We got one tiebreaker - What Pixar-based attraction opened in Epcot in 2004?

We both said the same answer… and both got it wrong! I can’t believe we forgot about Turtle Talk with Crush! Oh well, another tiebreaker…

“What musical is Wall-E obsessed with?”

I knew I had this one right. The host checked our answer… the host checked the other team’s answer… we both had the same answer again, and they were both right! Ugh!

So since we both tied twice, we both won, and got special DCL backpacks!

20220807_200359.jpg

I was just lucky there was a Cars 2 question - that’s my favorite movie!

We stopped in our room to drop off Sven before we went to the Little Mermaid show and found a seal towel animal in our room! How cute!

20220807_200157.jpg

The show was great, very pretty and lots of fun, but the ending felt a bit rushed, which I understand. All the performers were absolutely amazing, by the way!

20220807_201352.jpg

Back in our room, we finally got to drink some of the sparkling cider that mom had gotten for my birthday, and we watched Cars! We also realized we had to have our bags packed by 10:30, and by the time we realized that, it was already 10, so we rushed to get everything in the right bags for the flight home and slid them out the door just in time. Phew!

20220807_231833.jpg

Around midnight was the Goodnight Wish show, but mom was feeling pretty tired, so I went down on my own and filmed it for her. It was a quick show, but very pretty and a lovely way to end the cruise.

20220807_235956.jpg

Disembarkation day already? After saying goodbye to our room, we went back down to Arendelle for breakfast, where I got the Belgian waffles, and mom got the DCL express, but they didn’t have any alternate bacon, so she just had the eggs, toast and hashbrowns.

20220808_074807.jpg

The disembarkation process was also pretty simple, and we got DCL transport to the airport. We weren’t sure how long disembarkation would take, so we made our flight for 4:00 pm… and then got to the airport at 10:30 am. Oops! Oh well, like I mentioned, I love the airport! We explored some gift shops, got some food and just relaxed. And then the rain started!

20220808_155550.jpg

Lightning came shooting across the tarmac, and flights were being canceled every which way. Ours was still scheduled to be on time, but the man at the desk was certain it would get canceled anyways. We waited around for a bit while I tried to calculate how many characters we had met vs seen on the trip, and then, success! Only about an hour after our original flight time, we boarded! Hurray! I ended up getting the middle seat, and there were shouting kids in front of us and coughing people behind, but I was just happy to be on a plane and on our way home. We landed in Chicago around 8:30 pm and were finally home.

20220808_202519_006.jpg

Oh, and if you’re wondering, we met 36 unique characters and saw (including stage shows and parades) 95 characters! I would say that’s pretty successful indeed!

Final Thoughts:
  • We don’t think cruising is for us, and that’s ok! It was fun, but nothing much stood out when compared to Disney World. We much preferred the Disney World portion of our trip. Ironically, the cruise portion felt the least relaxing! We both felt like there wasn’t enough to do, and yet, when there was something we wanted to do, they were all scheduled at the same time. We’ll keep cruising in the back of our minds, but for now, we think we’ll stick to the parks.
  • We absolutely loved everyone we met. There were so many kind and creative guests on board, and every single cast member was absolutely amazing.
  • Both shows were really great, and I would highly recommend seeing them!
  • The food was ok! Festival of Foods was much better than Marceline Market, and our MDR food was good, not great. I liked the appetizers better than the entrees mostly!
  • The Wish is a beautiful ship, with so many hidden details. It’s super easy to navigate, and we had no problem getting around. Of course, being our first cruise, we had nothing to compare it to, so take that for what it's worth!
  • We loved having our room on deck 6, midship! We never heard anything from below, above or around us, never got seasick, and fell asleep almost instantly! It was also easy to get to from either elevator bank.

Thank you for reading my first ever trip report! I hope you enjoyed following along on our wacky adventures! Again, if you have any questions about our thoughts, experiences, or anything I mentioned, please let me know, I’d love to answer you!

Hope to see ya again real soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter