This IS my first rodeo! A Disney Wish trip report!

Omg, no way! That sounds amazing! No, this wasn't a meet and greet at all. It was a short, maybe 2 minute show where the chandelier and the atrium lit up and glittered while "So This is Love" played, and then Cinderella said "It's midnight!" while you heard the clock chime. That was pretty much it! That meet and greet sounds so cool! I'll have to do more research on it!
Thanks for the explanation. Yeah it is cool on the other ships. They have gold Mickey head confetti come down from the top floor onto the people at the bottom. I grab some to bring home every time …lol

Thanks for the explanation. Yeah it is cool on the other ships. They have gold Mickey head confetti come down from the top floor onto the people at the bottom. I grab some to bring home every time …lol
That sounds amazing! I hope they bring this to the Wish now that meet and greets are coming back!!

When did you book the princess exp in the grand hall
30 days out from embarkation day! You can do it before you complete online check-in as well, because we were still waiting for my passport to come in, but we were able to book it then! I believe you can also book when you get to the port if you don't get it before that.

Thanks for the report! Were the shampoo and conditioner mounted on the wall in the shower or are they just giving individual little bottles?

Thanks for the report! Were the shampoo and conditioner mounted on the wall in the shower or are they just giving individual little bottles?
Thanks for reading! I'm not 100% on this, because we didn't end up showering on the cruise, and apparently I don't have a photo of the bathrooms but I think they were bottles, because I remember finding it interesting that they still have bottles on the cruises rather than the pumps like at the parks - but again, I could be misremembering this! Hope this helped!

Yet again, we rushed off to Pixar villains trivia, and this time, it was packed. We weren’t sure if we would even find a seat, but some folks left halfway through. This time, we were doing quite well. We had 18/20 - our highest score so far! Unfortunately, so did another team. We got one tiebreaker - What Pixar-based attraction opened in Epcot in 2004?

We both said the same answer… and both got it wrong! I can’t believe we forgot about Turtle Talk with Crush! Oh well, another tiebreaker…

“What musical is Wall-E obsessed with?”

I knew I had this one right. The host checked our answer… the host checked the other team’s answer… we both had the same answer again, and they were both right! Ugh!

So since we both tied twice, we both won, and got special DCL backpacks!

View attachment 694931

I was just lucky there was a Cars 2 question - that’s my favorite movie!

We stopped in our room to drop off Sven before we went to the Little Mermaid show and found a seal towel animal in our room! How cute!

View attachment 694932

The show was great, very pretty and lots of fun, but the ending felt a bit rushed, which I understand. All the performers were absolutely amazing, by the way!

View attachment 694933

Back in our room, we finally got to drink some of the sparkling cider that mom had gotten for my birthday, and we watched Cars! We also realized we had to have our bags packed by 10:30, and by the time we realized that, it was already 10, so we rushed to get everything in the right bags for the flight home and slid them out the door just in time. Phew!

View attachment 694934

Around midnight was the Goodnight Wish show, but mom was feeling pretty tired, so I went down on my own and filmed it for her. It was a quick show, but very pretty and a lovely way to end the cruise.

View attachment 694935

Disembarkation day already? After saying goodbye to our room, we went back down to Arendelle for breakfast, where I got the Belgian waffles, and mom got the DCL express, but they didn’t have any alternate bacon, so she just had the eggs, toast and hashbrowns.

View attachment 694936

The disembarkation process was also pretty simple, and we got DCL transport to the airport. We weren’t sure how long disembarkation would take, so we made our flight for 4:00 pm… and then got to the airport at 10:30 am. Oops! Oh well, like I mentioned, I love the airport! We explored some gift shops, got some food and just relaxed. And then the rain started!

View attachment 694937

Lightning came shooting across the tarmac, and flights were being canceled every which way. Ours was still scheduled to be on time, but the man at the desk was certain it would get canceled anyways. We waited around for a bit while I tried to calculate how many characters we had met vs seen on the trip, and then, success! Only about an hour after our original flight time, we boarded! Hurray! I ended up getting the middle seat, and there were shouting kids in front of us and coughing people behind, but I was just happy to be on a plane and on our way home. We landed in Chicago around 8:30 pm and were finally home.

View attachment 694938

Oh, and if you’re wondering, we met 36 unique characters and saw (including stage shows and parades) 95 characters! I would say that’s pretty successful indeed!

Final Thoughts:
  • We don’t think cruising is for us, and that’s ok! It was fun, but nothing much stood out when compared to Disney World. We much preferred the Disney World portion of our trip. Ironically, the cruise portion felt the least relaxing! We both felt like there wasn’t enough to do, and yet, when there was something we wanted to do, they were all scheduled at the same time. We’ll keep cruising in the back of our minds, but for now, we think we’ll stick to the parks.
  • We absolutely loved everyone we met. There were so many kind and creative guests on board, and every single cast member was absolutely amazing.
  • Both shows were really great, and I would highly recommend seeing them!
  • The food was ok! Festival of Foods was much better than Marceline Market, and our MDR food was good, not great. I liked the appetizers better than the entrees mostly!
  • The Wish is a beautiful ship, with so many hidden details. It’s super easy to navigate, and we had no problem getting around. Of course, being our first cruise, we had nothing to compare it to, so take that for what it's worth!
  • We loved having our room on deck 6, midship! We never heard anything from below, above or around us, never got seasick, and fell asleep almost instantly! It was also easy to get to from either elevator bank.

Thank you for reading my first ever trip report! I hope you enjoyed following along on our wacky adventures! Again, if you have any questions about our thoughts, experiences, or anything I mentioned, please let me know, I’d love to answer you!

Hope to see ya again real soon!
Thank you for writing your trip report about your cruise on the Disney Wish.
You did lovely work writing and describing all of the details about your special birthday vacation.
Happy 21st Birthday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter