This IS my first rodeo! A Disney Wish trip report!

Loved your 1923 “look” - on point!! Enjoying your report - my sis and & I are sailing the Wish Oct 10th 😊
Thank you for sharing! :tink:
Sorry - I just realized I meant to respond to you, but I haven't yet! Thank you so much! That's very kind of you! I hope you have a wonderful sailing, and if you have any questions, feel free to reach out!

Thanks for your trip report, it was fun to see the cruise through the eyes of a newcomer! I wonder if you felt more rushed and less relaxed because it was a 3 days trip? I've been on 3, 4, 5, 7 and 15 day cruises and the longer they are, the more laid back, it seems. Then again, if you love the parks, no need to change how you vacation imho :)

Also your dress for Arendelle was super cute 💕 Happy 21st!

Thanks for your trip report, it was fun to see the cruise through the eyes of a newcomer! I wonder if you felt more rushed and less relaxed because it was a 3 days trip? I've been on 3, 4, 5, 7 and 15 day cruises and the longer they are, the more laid back, it seems. Then again, if you love the parks, no need to change how you vacation imho :)

Also your dress for Arendelle was super cute 💕 Happy 21st!
Thank you so much! I'm sure that the amount of time was definitely part of it! With a longer cruise, we would have probably been able to do more and feel less stressed! Haha I'm glad you enjoyed the report!

What a wonderful review! I really appreciate your detailing, especially meals…which I think are one of the most important aspects of a cruise, let’s be honest! Wondering, I’m quite particular when it comes to meals, wonder if anyone sent something back because of their dissatisfaction. you made some god comments of what you did not lior. call me a snob bput if I received a dry chicken meal I would and it back!

What a wonderful review! I really appreciate your detailing, especially meals…which I think are one of the most important aspects of a cruise, let’s be honest! Wondering, I’m quite particular when it comes to meals, wonder if anyone sent something back because of their dissatisfaction. you made some god comments of what you did not lior. call me a snob bput if I received a dry chicken meal I would and it back!
Thank you! I did my best to give good detail, since this was one of the first Wish sailings, so I'm glad you liked it! That's an interesting question - I know for us, we're the type of people who feel socially awkward asking for any changes, but it's true that if something isn't right, we need to stand up for ourselves and make it right! 😁

Great trip report. For the scheduling of events as a first time cruiser it could seemed rush. Did you try to do everything? I know with some people that happens

As someone who cruised 29 times it never seemed rushed to me. I can’t wait to cruise Wish in February 2023 for cruises 30 and 31 3 night and 4 night back-2-back.

I will say there were a few trivia’s we had to rush to for seating wise between show and dinner, we do late, but other then that never rush even when we started cruising

But glad you did cruise to see how it was

Great trip report. For the scheduling of events as a first time cruiser it could seemed rush. Did you try to do everything? I know with some people that happens

As someone who cruised 29 times it never seemed rushed to me. I can’t wait to cruise Wish in February 2023 for cruises 30 and 31 3 night and 4 night back-2-back.

I will say there were a few trivia’s we had to rush to for seating wise between show and dinner, we do late, but other then that never rush even when we started cruising

But glad you did cruise to see how it was
I'm sure part of it was the fact that this was our first-ever cruise, so we wanted to get as much done as possible! We didn't necessarily try to do everything - the game shows, bars, tastings, fancier dinners, etc didn't really interest us, and we mostly wanted to do character meets and trivias, but even then, we felt rushed like you said, especially between dinner and trivia! It's good to know that it might be better if we ever decide to do another cruise! And I'm glad you enjoyed the report!

I'm sure part of it was the fact that this was our first-ever cruise, so we wanted to get as much done as possible! We didn't necessarily try to do everything - the game shows, bars, tastings, fancier dinners, etc didn't really interest us, and we mostly wanted to do character meets and trivias, but even then, we felt rushed like you said, especially between dinner and trivia! It's good to know that it might be better if we ever decide to do another cruise! And I'm glad you enjoyed the report!
For the popular Trivia's you might have to rush too. I know when we did 80's trivia that's always popular

Thanks for posting this! So great to see a first timer review on the ship.

I would encourage you to try one of the original 4 ships when you have a chance! They have different offerings than what I've seen on the wish so far and pricing is usually better.

Glad you had a good time!

Thanks for posting this! So great to see a first timer review on the ship.

I would encourage you to try one of the original 4 ships when you have a chance! They have different offerings than what I've seen on the wish so far and pricing is usually better.

Glad you had a good time!
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed the report! We're thinking about it at some point haha! I definitely think it would be a fun experience!

For her entree, mom got the chicken schnitzel, which was another exception to the chicken rule, as she thought it was very tasty! I got the golden mystic pasta, which was pretty good, but definitely needed more seasoning.

View attachment 694421View attachment 694422

We were feeling super full after dinner - I don’t know how people can order multiple entrees at once - we could barely finish ours! Because of this, we ordered the cheesecake byte to share, which was very tasty! Then, I rushed off to trivia again while mom signed for the mocktails!

View attachment 694423

Tragically, we lost trivia again, but it was alright, as next on our agenda was a meet and greet with Chip and Dale, who were on the hunt for treasure, especially if that treasure included acorns! Pictured is them jumping for joy after I told them I'd help them find some acorn treasure!

View attachment 694424

Then, we went back up to the pool deck to get some cute photos of our outfits. As I was taking pictures on the pool stairs, I lost my balance trying to turn around and stumbled backwards, scraping my ankle against the lip of the stair, but stayed upright, and I didn’t think much of it until I realized it was still hurting. That’s when I saw blood soaking through my sock and shoe! A very kind cast member ran to get me a bandage and it stopped hurting soon after, but it was a very strange experience, especially since it didn’t feel like I had scraped myself too hard! Be careful on those stairs folks!

View attachment 694425

We explored some more of the decorated staterooms and the artwork on each floor before going up to deck 12 to watch the pirate show! It was so much fun, and the fireworks were so special!

View attachment 694426

On our way back to our room, we stopped and got some ice cream - I got dulce de leche with popping boba and a Fear chocolate, and mom got black raspberry stracciatella with a Captain Minnie chocolate, and both were very good! I also bought some macarons - my favorite - which I ended up bringing home, and ate the other day, and they were very good too!

View attachment 694427View attachment 694428

Tonight, our towel animal scared us when we popped open the door and saw it lurking! Our stateroom host, Wannee, got a kick out of it lurking in the darkness! 😂

View attachment 694429

One day left! See you soon!
Was there a pirate menu but the original menu also available or no private menu at all?

Great report.

What is the Goodnight thing at the end? Was it a show, on the other ships they bring out all the characters including people from the live shows so if you missed them you can see them for about a half hour you go to each person.

We are going on the Wish next month.

Great report.

What is the Goodnight thing at the end? Was it a show, on the other ships they bring out all the characters including people from the live shows so if you missed them you can see them for about a half hour you go to each person.

We are going on the Wish next month.
Omg, no way! That sounds amazing! No, this wasn't a meet and greet at all. It was a short, maybe 2 minute show where the chandelier and the atrium lit up and glittered while "So This is Love" played, and then Cinderella said "It's midnight!" while you heard the clock chime. That was pretty much it! That meet and greet sounds so cool! I'll have to do more research on it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter