This is Us- Season four

I don't know if I am remembering incorrectly from last season. Didn't Toby say something to the effect of Thanks for including me or Thanks for letting me know to Randall. It really seemed as though they had been out of touch somewhat or Toby didn't have the same connection/presence in the family as he obviously has now, right?

Sigh. It suddenly makes me wonder if they are apart, for whatever reason, sooner rather than later.
Yes, you are remembering that correctly.

Whoa, I did not recognize him. That was a great show.

You know how I figured it out? Not from Wikipedia or another source.

It was because I found myself very attracted to him, especially that scene in the driveway. And as I am staring at him I had a flashback that I was attracted to him years before. I was like huh? I don't even know this guy.

And then I saw Montauk in my head and it was done. :rotfl2::drinking1

------------

Hey @ronandannette maybe it was never ever Cole Lockhart - Montauk's just a trigger! ;):laughing:

Last edited:
Wow, lots of comments for this episode. I scrolled over them so I can do my live watch—

• Go Kate, get you some lol

• Randall is way too peppy first thing in the morning

• Randall is going to burn out quickly. He’s too involved in too many things.

• Randall means well, but he needs to back off big time. He’s getting annoying

• Kevin DOES have weird relationships with people

• Wow, awkward dinner..

• I have a feeling the relationship with Kate’s boy is NOT going to end well.

• Who hates hockey?? This show just got unrealistic for me LOL

• As a recovering addict, and knowing Nicky is too, you’d think Kevin would pick up on all the beer at the game..

• this dinner is so cringy..yikes

• oh, it’s a beauty mark

• Go Rebecca!! (I don’t think I’d like burnt raw food)

• In the kitchen scene, when Randall walks up the stairs, isn’t that staircase on the wrong side of the room? When they come in the front door, it’s on the immediate right and the hall continues to the kitchen. Unless that was a back staircase to upstairs, but I don’t think so.

• WILLIAM <3

• Beth laying down some truth here..

• Are Miguel and Rebecca dating at this point or is he still just giving support?

• aww, what a touching moment with Kevin and Nicky

• oh man, looks like I might be right. To quote Steel Magnolias..there’s a story there.

Last edited:
Miguel and Rebecca are not dating at this point, she said she invited him for helping them move. This is still to close to when Jack died and she reconnected with him on FB when the kids were older I think.

I’m sure something happens with Kate too, but we Are always wrong when we guess...lol

I was hoping to find out what Randal told Déjà boyfriend or even her if he let them go on a date. The one line Déjà said last night didn’t cut it...

He is clearly going to end up being an abusive, controlling, stalker type guy. Kate will endure some sort of trauma that will lead to her weight gain.
I'm guessing he forces himself upon her and Kate obviously never told Mom.

I read that when Kate started the record store job she was still in the apartment. When the bf shows up to her home, she is living at the house. He said he got her address off her application.

What do you all think of above?

I read that when Kate started the record store job she was still in the apartment. When the bf shows up to her home, she is living at the house. He said he got her address off her application.

Like you, I did catch it. I socked it away assuming it will be pertinent for later.

I think he was lying and said that because he assumed she wouldn't realize. I bet he followed her home or found her address some other way. Stalkers have their means.

Great catch!! I didn't even think about that.

I definitely think he ends up hurting her, and that it has something to do with her weight gain.

I did not catch that! My guess is that Kate catches him in his lie and it's later revealed that he got her address in a more sneaky way, like following/stalking her.

Did you realize it was from The Princess Bride? A tie-in to Kevin and Sophie feeling that seeing it playing was a sign they should get married (Oh youth! Or sometimes young older people.:rolleyes1)

Either way I suppose you still hate it. :laughing: Just curious.
I've never seen that movie, so no I didn't glad it makes sense terrible song though :crazy2:

I love Kevin. I even like Nicky lol! Suspicious about Kate's "friend". Not sure that Kate and Toby make it. He is growing and she is not. She even lashed out at him in the car ride about going to the gym instead of being home. We know he has issues and maybe its too difficult to have a disabled son for him. Maybe that's why he is distancing himself. Kate isn't the most observant person otherwise she would have known he was losing weight.

I've never seen that movie, so no I didn't glad it makes sense terrible song though :crazy2:
It a great movie. The song is the theme song from the film entitled "Storybook Love" which was also the title of this particular episode of This is Us. Clearly the writers are fans of the Princess Bride. The original song was written and sung by Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits. It's actually a great song in it's original form. I'm not a fan of Mandy Moore's voice, but it's definitely not a terrible song.

There is a lot of stuff I don't catch, but this one I did.

At first I thought it was a writing error, but then when she turned white as a ghost when she found the picture, I thought "whoa, we have a story here." My guess went to emotional and physical abuse, but I'm typically wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter