This is Us- Season four

But shows today go on hiatus in March! Not even close to summertime.

Yes, you're right, some of them do. Usually the ones that have less episodes than the old standard of 22-24. The last season of This Is Us ended in early April, which is about a month earlier than most shows, but only had 18 episodes.

I think the old 24-episodes-per-season thing is starting to go the way of the dinosaur. Quality over quantity.

Too long between seasons?? How is it any different from any other show, like ever? All shows go on hiatus in the summer and come back in the fall. This is nothing new.

If anything, original shows on streaming services take even longer in between seasons, sometimes a year or more. Made worse by the fact that you can binge all the episodes at once (not complaining about that, mind you) so the season isn't spread out through several months.

I binged all seasons of Grace and Frankie in a month or so and now I have to wait until some time in 2020 for the final season

:sad:

Tonight’s the night!!!

I’ll have to wait until later tonight to watch because the games on and that takes top priority :D

I was one that was definitely losing interest last season.

But the storyline between Beth and Randall was exquisitely done. It didn't happen in one or two episodes like a ton of shows portray marriages. It had its back and forth; definite ebbs and flows, marital AND individual challenges - no linear path to an outcome. Wasn't just a martial breakdown and then "fixed it!" or instantly ending a marriage. Whoever wrote it - bravo! And it helps that I am forever curious about personal challenges, choices and where those decisions take one another.

I rewatched the last episode a couple of weeks ago. What a great cliffhanger.

Last edited:

And in This Is Us tradition, many of the cliffhangers will not be resolved for 10 more episodes!

So true!

In fact one of them let out that we probably won't know what happened to Miguel and/or their marriage this season.

Nope. No information. Nada. Nothing. :rolleyes1

Too long between seasons?? How is it any different from any other show, like ever? All shows go on hiatus in the summer and come back in the fall. This is nothing new.

If anything, original shows on streaming services take even longer in between seasons, sometimes a year or more. Made worse by the fact that you can binge all the episodes at once (not complaining about that, mind you) so the season isn't spread out through several months.
Years ago shows went away in the summer... but the actual summer like late may/early june to very beginning of Sept. Now shows stop in March, April - I think I once had a shoe end for the season in Feb. and not come back until late Sept. and then take another "holiday" break.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who’s a little annoyed with the show so far. At least give us a LITTLE of the Big Three! I’m sure these other characters and story line will be great, but it’s just taking too long.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter