This is Us- Season six

I also caught that Randall could swim and was in the pool playing which made sense that Little Kevin was so upset that he couldn't go off the board, too. I thought he was upset that his brother was better at something physical like that.

I enjoyed the episode a lot, although I don't know a single person (mother or father) who would, by choice, travel across the country with two babies and no other set of hands to help. Really, that stretched my suspension of disbelief too much.

I loved the scene with Edie and Nicky dancing. She is a gem! He is lucky to have both Kevin and her on his side. I think his scenes with, and about, Cassidy, were very good, too.

Ok I finally watched Tuesdays episode.

Without fail these freakin yearly big three trilogy episodes destroy me.
Milo did an excellent job directing.

Jennifer Morrison holy cow give her an Emmy for guest star now

loved that we saw Edie again even if for a minute.

I really love how Kevin decided to run big three construction. As someone with many veterans in my family and friends circle , and friends in the service right now especially still reeling from the effects of all the recent goings on, it made me ugly cry for the last five minutes.

In terms of who Kevin will marry, I still don’t think it’s Cassidy. BUT much like I’ve been saying we will see Sophie in the flash forward (especially if we see Toby) I also think we will see Cassidy and Matt.

Kate being next weeks focus makes me hope we see Timothy Omundson one more time as their neighbor before series end. And in terms of next weeks episode, I think this is the start of the hard stuff Sterling K. Brown teased.

Also the big three teen actors have really grown as actors and I’m happy we are seeing them.

I enjoyed the episode. At first I thought maybe Cassidy dies and in the flash forward episode we saw previously it's actually Cassidy's son, not Kevin's, but Kevin adopts him. I'm wondering if that can still happen.

I love Nicky, I thought he was great with Kevin, explaining to him what Cassidy was going through, in fact, I thought it was great for everyone watching to really understand what the men and women who protect and serve our country go through. It can never be overstated how much help these men and women need help for the rest of their lives.

Does anyone know how many episodes are left?

I enjoyed the episode. At first I thought maybe Cassidy dies and in the flash forward episode we saw previously it's actually Cassidy's son, not Kevin's, but Kevin adopts him. I'm wondering if that can still happen.

I love Nicky, I thought he was great with Kevin, explaining to him what Cassidy was going through, in fact, I thought it was great for everyone watching to really understand what the men and women who protect and serve our country go through. It can never be overstated how much help these men and women need help for the rest of their lives.

Does anyone know how many episodes are left?
The Finale is May 24th so 10 episodes ? Unless they skip any weeks.

I will never understand Kate. That said, tonight's episode was good. I think it presented both of their cases well. I'm still team Toby though.

They will get a divorce and Kate will get the house his tech job paid for in the divorce settlement. Then she'll act like she made the ultimate sacrifice divorcing him to find herself in the teaching job. In real life, she would never be able to afford that cute little house in the middle of LA on her salary alone. He got her to a point where she could explore a real life and her passions. If they have never married that would not have happened.

I don't know, I just think they are building toward making Toby the bad guy and the British dude the white knight and that makes me sad. Toby pulled her out of her own head and helped her build this life she loves so much. His job that she hates is what has been paying for it and making it all possible and she refuses to admit that.

I actually thought they did a pretty good job at balancing the story. It appears that both of them helped each other grow and find their true selves. Unfortunately his fulfillment is in SF and hers is in LA...the whole thing just made me sad.
They did represent both sides very well.

I actually thought they did a pretty good job at balancing the story. It appears that both of them helped each other grow and find their true selves. Unfortunately his fulfillment is in SF and hers is in LA...the whole thing just made me sad.

I agree. It was a hard episode to watch, but it definitely showed that neither one was necessarily at fault (or they both were) for the trouble with their marriage.

Any thoughts on how they filmed the "old Toby"?..were these parts filmed a long time ago or did they just do a really good job with prosthetics?

Another really good episode. Well written and attempting to balance. Sad. Mandy Moore directed it.

I am #TeamKate# all the way, however. Toby just said it over coffee. "This family will only work if you and the kids move here. That just has to be." Oh, thank you, Grand Pooba. So much for exploring and taking time and investigating and compromising. Now, I feel good about her eventually ending up with Philip.

I saw an interview with Chris Sullivan and Chrissy Metz earlier tonight in which Chris talked about how sorta sad and weird it was to spend 2-3 seasons building up the relationship between these two characters --and then have to spend a couple of seasons taking it all apart.

A question, though: Doesn't Kate already have a job there at the school? So, why is she telling him over the phone (after climbing that hill--loved that!) that she wants to apply for the retiring lady's job?

A question, though: Doesn't Kate already have a job there at the school? So, why is she telling him over the phone (after climbing that hill--loved that!) that she wants to apply for the retiring lady's job?
She only works part time. She would need a full-time job now that she will be supporting herself. That's why she is applying for the new position at the school.

Ok, so, this is now one of my all time favourite episodes!! So much of Kates story resonates with me so much. I was married to a version of Toby years ago. Laughter and fun, but then he starts running the show, and that was it. Obviously there’s a lot more to it than that, but not the point.

When Late said to her dad I’ll never let go…why do I have to (paraphrasing) I got goosebumps. It is exactly how I’ve been living life lately (wow, sorry to turn this into a confessional lol) and I’ve become very happy to live in my little rut where I don’t bother anyone and no one bothers me. I have been making changes lately and learning to push myself a little bit.

I have a NEW theory about Kate and Toby after the split. I think they make things work(ish), then maybe there’s an incident with the Green Egg. I have a feeling that Toby turns into a deadbeat. Maybe he gets jealous seeing Kate with Phillip, maybe he finds someone new, maybe he just stops caring, but I think he eventually stops seeing the kids. That’s why he’s unsure that Kate wants to see him. Maybe he is awful to Phillip and he’s told off.

Also, for anyone who still has the show available. When Kate is sitting on the steps with fat Toby, there’s a song playing with the lyric about a messiah moon…it’s Chris Sullivan singing! Apparently he put out an album under the name Joseph the spouse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter