Those darn bubble wands

xiphoid76

DIS Veteran
Ok, I turned 50 this year so bear with me and my old-man-yelling-at-cloud-rant…but I hate those bubble wands sold at the parks. I really hate bubbles being blown in my face while standing in a queue for a ride. Should I start a petition to ban them? Too far, I know and I am just standing in line now and had time so I thought I would vent a little on disboards :) Back to the fun and thanks for listening to my rant!

Ok, I turned 50 this year so bear with me and my old-man-yelling-at-cloud-rant…but I hate those bubble wands sold at the parks. I really hate bubbles being blown in my face while standing in a queue for a ride. Should I start a petition to ban them? Too far, I know and I am just standing in line now and had time so I thought I would vent a little on disboards :) Back to the fun and thanks for listening to my rant!
They absolutely should not be allowed to be used in queue lines. There are people with allergies that have no way to get away from them in lines.

Disney themselves blows bubbles into crowds so often now that if someone has serious allergies to them then they probably shouldn’t go to the parks to begin with.
I've never had Disney CM or otherwise blow any bubbles or seen them blowing towards people. I have seen them coming off the sale carts but they are easy to walk around.

OP here - it is just the annoyance factor for me and the stain they make on my eyeglasses. Most people are really good with their kids…but not this family in front of me tonight - seriously these wands must contain a never-ending supply of bubble juice because this kid has been at it non-stop for 30 minutes :)

I've never had Disney CM or otherwise blow any bubbles or seen them blowing towards people. I have seen them coming off the sale carts but they are easy to walk around.

I’m talking about the attractions and shows in addition to the carts.

I’m talking about the attractions and shows in addition to the carts.
:confused3

Muppets front third of theater but it's pretty light if they make it all the way down.

Old Nemo Show and Old Mickey's Philharmonic ... I just did both new shows and bubbles must have not been heavy I don't remember them but we sit towards the back where it usually doesn't happen.

You can avoid those kind of effects by sitting towards the back.

I can't think of any attraction. It just isn't an issue other than bubble wands.

I was in the line for TSMM when the little kid in front of us (with oblivious parents glued to their phones) started aiming his bubbles directly on the floor (we were inside) and made a huge sticky slippery mess…

:confused3

Muppets front third of theater but it's pretty light if they make it all the way down.

Old Nemo Show and Old Mickey's Philharmonic ... I just did both new shows and bubbles must have not been heavy I don't remember them but we sit towards the back where it usually doesn't happen.

You can avoid those kind of effects by sitting towards the back.

I can't think of any attraction. It just isn't an issue other than bubble wands.

Frozen Sing Along is about 5 minutes of a bubble blizzard. o_O

So are some of the dance parties.

Frozen Sing Along is about 5 minutes of a bubble blizzard. o_O

So are some of the dance parties.
Oh we won't go in Frozen show anymore but both of those are geared for young children so no surprise there for those going. I think it is possible to avoid at most places they have them by where you sit. And I don't think they compare to have a wand a few feet from your face blasting you.

We just got back and I wholeheartedly agree with you! You couldn't get away from the bubbles! But the worst was when we were sitting to eat at Casey's and the kid behind us was pointing it right in our direction so it was getting all over our food!

They should not be allowed in rides, in queues or in shows....other than that, I don't mind them blowing at me walking around

Here now and have to agree with the OP. They are blowing it ones face every few minutes. The waiting areas are also getting slick with them.
What about the “snow” on main street or in the frozen show in HS?

I loved the bubbles in LM show n HS.

I’m in my 50s also, but I don’t mind the bubbles. I mean I don’t want to be standing in line and a child is aiming them directly at me - but I have never had that happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter