How early can I renew a platinum annual pass? I will be in Disney til December 5th but my pass renews on January 9th. Will I be able to do it while I am there?

How early can I renew a platinum annual pass? I will be in Disney til December 5th but my pass renews on January 9th. Will I be able to do it while I am there?

You can renew a WDW AP as early as 60 days in advance of the expiration date.
So if by saying, "my pass renews on January 9th" you mean that Jan. 9th is your expiration ("anniversary") date, you'll be able to do the renewal during your trip.

Upgrade to AP question, I have purchased a 5 day PH from UCT and am considering upgrading to an AP. What would my upgrade cost be with tax?

Upgrade to AP question, I have purchased a 5 day PH from UCT and am considering upgrading to an AP. What would my upgrade cost be with tax?

Subtract the current WDW price of the kind of ticket that you HAVE (5-day PH)- found HERE...
from the current WDW price of the kind of AP that you WANT- found HERE.

Pay that price for the upgrade.

(Make sure that both prices you compare include tax.)

Subtract the current WDW price of the kind of ticket that you HAVE (5-day PH)- found HERE...
from the current WDW price of the kind of AP that you WANT- found HERE.

Pay that price for the upgrade.

(Make sure that both prices you compare include tax.)
Thanks Robo.

Two more AP questions.
1) Are APs vouchers refundable, if not activated? So, say I buy my AP on-line (I'd like to do that before my trip so I can make fastpasses), but something happens and I need to cancel my first trip. Can I get a refund since it was never used or activated?

2) I have a room only reservation on property and plan to buy the AP and link it. Do I get a MB included? I was reading somewhere else about people buying a MB with their AP. I was thinking I'd get one either included with the AP or included with my hotel reservation.

Two more AP questions.
1) Are APs vouchers refundable, if not activated? So, say I buy my AP on-line (I'd like to do that before my trip so I can make fastpasses), but something happens and I need to cancel my first trip. Can I get a refund since it was never used or activated?

2) I have a room only reservation on property and plan to buy the AP and link it. Do I get a MB included? I was reading somewhere else about people buying a MB with their AP. I was thinking I'd get one either included with the AP or included with my hotel reservation.

1) Officially, no. (In reality, you can always ask nicely.)
2) You will be getting a MB associate with your WDW room reservation.
You will also be getting an additional MB that's due by buying an AP.
Both of those MB will work for all purposes at WDW.
However, you will not be receiving the MB that is due to you from buying an AP...
UNTIL you return home after your first trip (after you activate the AP at a WDW ticket or Guest Relations booth.)
After you return home after that first trip, you will have the opportunity in your MDE to "customize" that AP MB. Do so and they will send you the additional MB.

Last edited:

1) Officially, no. (In reality, you can always ask nicely.)
2) You will be getting a MB associate with your WDW room reservation.
You will also be getting an additional MB that's due by buying an AP.
Both of those MB will work for all purposes at WDW.
However, yo will not be receiving the MB that is due to you from buying an AP...
UNTIL you return after your first trip (after you activate the AP at a WDW ticket or Guest Relations booth.)
After you return from that trip, you will have the opportunity in your MDE to "customize" that AP MB. Do so and they will send you the additional MB.

Ok, thanks. That's probably where I was confused. Without the room reservation, I wouldn't get a MB until later.

Ok, thanks. That's probably where I was confused. Without the room reservation, I wouldn't get a MB until later.

Correct.
And, again, don't worry, as your room-suppied MB will work just fine with you new AP.

Another AP question! I want to upgrade our 5 day tickets to AP's with the DVC discount that is going on right now. We are just hanging out at the Poly on the day we arrive so I thought I would go over to guest relations at MK to purchase the AP's. My question is...does my husband and kids have to come with me or can I purchase for everyone myself....can I just bring their magic bands with me? Just trying to figure out if they can hang out at the pool while I run over..?

I have the following question that I'm hoping to get some help with. Thanks in advance for any responses/insight.

We bought the non-expiring Canadian promo tickets back in the summer for a trip over this Xmas and NY, linked them to our MDE account, and have already made FP+ reservations. However, seeing that there's another ticket promo right now for Canadians (though no longer the non-expiring ticket option), we are thinking of buying another set of tickets using the current promo to be used on our upcoming trip, INSTEAD of the tickets that are currently linked to our MDE/FP+ reservations (which are non-expiring tickets so we can use on a future visit). I called Disney, and was advised that I MUST use the older tickets first. This didnt sound right to me but the CM was adamant.

My concerns are two fold:
1) If I swap the tickets on our MDE (say, by moving the current tickets to phantom accounts, and then linking the new tickets), could we lose all FP reservations that were made on the older set of tickets?
2) Also, even if we dont lose the FP+ reservations, would we be offside Disney's T&Cs once we enter the parks using the new tickets, and try to use the FPs which were technically booked using a set of tickets (i.e. the older tickets we are keeping for future visits) that we did not enter the parks with?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Last edited:
I have the following question that I'm hoping to get some help with. Thanks in advance for any responses/insight.

We bought the non-expiring Canadian promo tickets back in the summer for a trip over this Xmas and NY, linked them to our MDE account, and have already made FP+ reservations. However, seeing that there's another ticket promo right now for Canadians (though no longer the non-expiring ticket option), we are thinking of buying another set of tickets using the current promo to be used on our upcoming trip, INSTEAD of the tickets that are currently linked to our MDE/FP+ reservations (which are non-expiring tickets so we can use on a future visit). I called Disney, and was advised that I MUST use the older tickets first. This didnt sound right to me but the CM was adamant.

My concerns are two fold:
1) If I swap the tickets on our MDE (say, by moving the current tickets to phantom accounts, and then linking the new tickets), could we lose all FP reservations that were made on the older set of tickets?
2) Also, even if we dont lose the FP+ reservations, would we be offside Disney's T&Cs once we enter the parks using the new tickets, and try to use the FPs which were technically booked using a set of tickets (i.e. the older tickets we are keeping for future visits) that we did not enter the parks with?

Any help would be much appreciated!
1) Buy the NEW tickets FIRST. Then, move the old tickets to phantom names. No FPs will disappear.
2) FPs are not connected to any “specific” tickets. Your booked FPs will be perfectly “legal” to use for any tickets that you use to enter a park that day.

BTW, it is unwise to call “Disney” when trying to get accurate answers regarding park operations. Nearly futile.

Last edited:
I have a FL Resident Silver AP that expires March 28, 2018. I planned a trip for March 25-28, 2018 (a blocked out period for FL Silver). So I plan on purchasing a 3-day select FL Resident ticket (no block out on that ticket). I believe I can renew my Silver AP with the 15% discount using the 3-day select FL ticket according to what I have read on this thread but because I am doing this during a blocked out period, I believe I would have to renew my AP on March 28, 2018. If I do it before that date I would be blocked out, I assume. I think this would make my new AP expiration date March 25, 2019. Is my information correct? Thank you for your help.

Just curious if many people are having luck price bridging the old tickets without expiration dates (purchased before Feb 12, 2017) and being given the current price to upgrade to an AP. I purchased tickets in May when AMEX had the $20 off, but I received the old tickets without expiration dates. I can return the tickets and purchase new tickets from Undercover Tourist, which would work out fine since there's a new $20 AMEX offer. I would rather not deal with the hassle of returning the cards if people are having luck price bridging the old tickets with the current Disney ticket price. I know it all depe

I have a FL Resident Silver AP that expires March 28, 2018. I planned a trip for March 25-28, 2018 (a blocked out period for FL Silver). So I plan on purchasing a 3-day select FL Resident ticket (no block out on that ticket). I believe I can renew my Silver AP with the 15% discount using the 3-day select FL ticket according to what I have read on this thread but because I am doing this during a blocked out period, I believe I would have to renew my AP on March 28, 2018. If I do it before that date I would be blocked out, I assume. I think this would make my new AP expiration date March 25, 2019. Is my information correct? Thank you for your help.

Any AP RENEWAL will have the same Anniversary Date as the original AP.
That's what makes it a "renewal" of an existing ticket.

Just curious if many people are having luck price bridging the old tickets without expiration dates (purchased before Feb 12, 2017) and being given the current price to upgrade to an AP. I purchased tickets in May when AMEX had the $20 off, but I received the old tickets without expiration dates. I can return the tickets and purchase new tickets from Undercover Tourist, which would work out fine since there's a new $20 AMEX offer. I would rather not deal with the hassle of returning the cards if people are having luck price bridging the old tickets with the current Disney ticket price. I know it all depe

There should be no special problems price-bridging the older tickets.
No more problems than are "normally" encountered, which is to say that no matter WHAT kind
of tickets that you have, the skill and knowledge of the CM doing the upgrade comes into play
for your transaction.

Are there any options if you’re at WDW, and you’ve used a portion of your days on a base ticket, and you have to leave due to a family emergency? We have used 4 of our 6 days here, but we have to head back to NJ for a funeral.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter