Are there any options if you’re at WDW, and you’ve used a portion of your days on a base ticket, and you have to leave due to a family emergency? We have used 4 of our 6 days here, but we have to head back to NJ for a funeral.

Speak with Guest Relations and explain the circumstances.
It never hurts to "ask nicely."

Sorry for your loss back in NJ.

I have 8 day hoppers that I plan to bridge to AP’s. I’ve read the AP will be good for one year from the date the ticket was first used. No matter when the upgrade was done. I’ve seen it reported twice that people have used the ticket & when they upgraded they actually got one year from the date of the upgrade, not date of 1st usage. I would love that because my favorite time to go is right after Thanksgiving and I’ll have to change to the week prior if that isn’t the case. Is this a new thing or were the people reporting likely pixie dusted due to a glitch? I’d like to upgrade early to get some discounts but I’d hold off if it meant I could go after Thanksgiving next year.

I have 8 day hoppers that I plan to bridge to AP’s. I’ve read the AP will be good for one year from the date the ticket was first used. No matter when the upgrade was done. I’ve seen it reported twice that people have used the ticket & when they upgraded they actually got one year from the date of the upgrade, not date of 1st usage. I would love that because my favorite time to go is right after Thanksgiving and I’ll have to change to the week prior if that isn’t the case. Is this a new thing or were the people reporting likely pixie dusted due to a glitch? I’d like to upgrade early to get some discounts but I’d hold off if it meant I could go after Thanksgiving next year.
CM mistakes on AP dates can happen.
Officially, an “upgrade” of a ticket means that the date the original ticket was first used is the “official” first date of the “new” ticket upgrade.

Another AP question! I want to upgrade our 5 day tickets to AP's with the DVC discount that is going on right now. We are just hanging out at the Poly on the day we arrive so I thought I would go over to guest relations at MK to purchase the AP's. My question is...does my husband and kids have to come with me or can I purchase for everyone myself....can I just bring their magic bands with me? Just trying to figure out if they can hang out at the pool while I run over..?
Robo...would you be able to answer my question?

Robo...would you be able to answer my question?
Another AP question! I want to upgrade our 5 day tickets to AP's with the DVC discount that is going on right now. We are just hanging out at the Poly on the day we arrive so I thought I would go over to guest relations at MK to purchase the AP's. My question is...does my husband and kids have to come with me or can I purchase for everyone myself....can I just bring their magic bands with me? Just trying to figure out if they can hang out at the pool while I run over..?
All guests (old enough to have photo IDs) should be at the booth with you.

We are getting ready to move to Florida, and we're trying to figure out the Florida resident AP. What is the fastest way to get proof of residency? We have an apt lease but that doesn't qualify as proof. I have proof of auto insurance, with my Florida address, but the 2 month wording regarding other forms of id has me a little confused. Do I have to have had auto insurance for 2 months, or having proof of coverage, that was bought within the last 2 months? I guess I could prioritize getting a Florida license, but was going to wait until the end of the week to do that. :-)

We are getting ready to move to Florida, and we're trying to figure out the Florida resident AP. What is the fastest way to get proof of residency? We have an apt lease but that doesn't qualify as proof. I have proof of auto insurance, with my Florida address, but the 2 month wording regarding other forms of id has me a little confused. Do I have to have had auto insurance for 2 months, or having proof of coverage, that was bought within the last 2 months? I guess I could prioritize getting a Florida license, but was going to wait until the end of the week to do that. :-)

Call and explain this situation to WDW Ticketing at
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

We are within the 60 days of arriving, and our onsite room reservation and tickets show up in MDE. We haven’t received our Magic Bands yet. I logged in to do Fass Pass reservations, but I get put into a loop showing a problem with the tickets that are part of our room reservation. Is there any way to make our Fast Pass reservations, or do we need to wait until the bands arrive to use the numbers on the bands?

We are within the 60 days of arriving, and our onsite room reservation and tickets show up in MDE. We haven’t received our Magic Bands yet. I logged in to do Fass Pass reservations, but I get put into a loop showing a problem with the tickets that are part of our room reservation. Is there any way to make our Fast Pass reservations, or do we need to wait until the bands arrive to use the numbers on the bands?
Magic Bands have nothing at all to do with making advanced FP reservations.

If you have problems with your tickets, you need to call WDW ticketing ASAP.

(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

BTW, most guests do not receive MBs until a couple of weeks before check-in.
(But, again, this has nothing to do with booking FP.)

Hi Robo, thanks. You’ve helped us many times before as well. My DHusband was all set to call just after 7 am when the phones would be answered. He tried one more time before phoning, and WOW our fast pass window opened. We’re on EST and assumed that midnight was the opening time. Anyhow, he got Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Peter Pan, Frozen Ever After, and more. ❤️

Hi Robo, thanks. You’ve helped us many times before as well. My DHusband was all set to call just after 7 am when the phones would be answered. He tried one more time before phoning, and WOW our fast pass window opened. We’re on EST and assumed that midnight was the opening time. Anyhow, he got Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Peter Pan, Frozen Ever After, and more. ❤️
7AM ET is the daily FP-booking opening time.
Glad it all worked for you with no problems.
Have fun!

You may find the FP FAQ helpful, also a sticky.

One thing I did a few years ago that was successful is that I added a 6th family member: our dog actually. I transferred a few extra tickets to him. I of course did not assign him to our room the last few vacations. He has since transferred them back to us and we will be using them now, 2 years later.

If you feel uncomfortable adding your pet, go ahead and add another family member. A given person can have multiple tickets assigned to their name.

I wish I would have thought of doing this when we couldn't use our tickets a few years ago!

Last edited:
I am booked for our first Christmas trip to Disney! We are leaving on December 15th. My question is I have currently 8 day tickets without hopping privileges. I am unsure is we will get there early enough to get into the parks (stupid 1/2 day of school for one of my kiddos who got sick so cannot miss a day). If we have an extra day can we use the extra day to go to another park on same day or is it strictly 1 day 1 park?

I am booked for our first Christmas trip to Disney! We are leaving on December 15th. My question is I have currently 8 day tickets without hopping privileges. I am unsure is we will get there early enough to get into the parks (stupid 1/2 day of school for one of my kiddos who got sick so cannot miss a day). If we have an extra day can we use the extra day to go to another park on same day or is it strictly 1 day 1 park?
Without the Park Hopper feature, it's one park per day.

I have 4 day 1 park nonexpiring tickets purchased from UC and bought them far enough in advance that I am kicking myself for just not getting the 5 day tickets.

I am now flying in in the morning my first day instead of evening and would like to upgrade them to 5 day tickets. Can anyone give me an idea what it would cost to do this? would have been about $15 on UC, but will I be charged "what UC paid for the tickets" minus the current 5 day price or the difference between a current 4 and 5 day? I spoke to ticketing and she said if they were already used it would be the difference between current pricing, or about $20.

thanks, experts. It would only be for 3-4 hours in the park so trying to decide if it's worth it. For $20 each it would be for sure, if it's going to be more like $50-75 I might just opt for Disney springs.

I have 4 day 1 park nonexpiring tickets purchased from UC and bought them far enough in advance that I am kicking myself for just not getting the 5 day tickets.

I am now flying in in the morning my first day instead of evening and would like to upgrade them to 5 day tickets. Can anyone give me an idea what it would cost to do this? would have been about $15 on UC, but will I be charged "what UC paid for the tickets" minus the current 5 day price or the difference between a current 4 and 5 day? I spoke to ticketing and she said if they were already used it would be the difference between current pricing, or about $20.

thanks, experts. It would only be for 3-4 hours in the park so trying to decide if it's worth it. For $20 each it would be for sure, if it's going to be more like $50-75 I might just opt for Disney springs.
You were given bad info by the CM.
Just click on the blue All about Tickets link in my signature below and then click on the “Upgrade” category. It explains what you need to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter