Any suggestions for keywords to use?
You can try calling again... but if you explained your situation and they still wouldn’t sell you an AP voucher - I think your options are to 1) renew by 3/9 extending the expiration by 1 year or 2) let the AP lapse and buy regular tickets for your next trip. Your situation doesn’t actually put you into the category that qualifies to “recover” an AP impacted by the closure since you never cancelled it.

Your situation doesn’t actually put you into the category that qualifies to “recover” an AP impacted by the closure since you never cancelled it.
That's the part that I find frustrating. If you cancelled and took the refund, you got some of your money back and then NOW you can purchase annual pass vouchers to activate whenever you travel next. Effectively you got your annual pass suspended from March 2020 to your next trip, whenever that is, so you are not paying for pass days you aren't using at all. If you left it alone, you got an extension for the days when the parks were closed, but now you must renew regardless of when you will travel next and you pay for all the days on the calendar. Doesn't seem terribly fair.

Hello my fellow Disney peeps- I am a LONGTIME lurker here and value all of your input and expertise. We have a July 2021 trip booked. We check in the day before my daughter turns 3. It is my understanding (according to Disney representatives) that she will be considered a 2 year old for our stay because it goes by check in date. Can anyone confirm?

Also, we are staying for two weeks. With the current ticketing system- I will need to purchase 10 day tickets and then a 4 day ticket. Will I need a ticket for her at any time of our stay since she is 2 at our check in? I called Disney today for clarification but the wait time to speak with a representative was over 90 minutes. Thank you for any help you can provide. I am open to all input and suggestions.

A. It is my understanding (according to Disney representatives) that she will be considered a 2 year old for our stay because it goes by check in date. Can anyone confirm?

Also, we are staying for two weeks. With the current ticketing system- I will need to purchase 10 day tickets and then a 4 day ticket.
B. Will I need a ticket for her at any time of our stay since she is 2 at our check in?
A. Confirmed.
B. No, you will not.
Have a great trip!

Has anyone bought tickets from sams recently? Do they email you the tickets right away? I am concerned about not being able to make reservations soon after I purchase

I'm an AP and frequent visitor but never buy "regular tickets" and have family coming!

They bought tickets through Undercover and linked them. Do they have to stop at a park ticket window/Disney Springs to get the plastic card or can they go straight to a turnstile?

I'm an AP and frequent visitor but never buy "regular tickets" and have family coming!

They bought tickets through Undercover and linked them. Do they have to stop at a park ticket window/Disney Springs to get the plastic card or can they go straight to a turnstile?
They can go straight to a turnstile (with ID and ticket info.)

Quick question -- I am sure it is in this thread......If I don't buy park hoppers but want to leave the park for a pool break, can I re-enter the same park later in the day?

Quick question -- I am sure it is in this thread......If I don't buy park hoppers but want to leave the park for a pool break, can I re-enter the same park later in the day?
Yes you can! You don't need a park hopper ticket to come and go to the same park.

Does Sam's sell them at a good discount? Comparable or better than the usual online sellers for example?

I compared Sams to a few of the other online authorized sellers that are pretty common. Sams was a little cheaper than some, and a little more expensive than others.

Definitely worth checking out, but not necessarily the best deal.

Sams still has discounted Disney GCs, correct? Would buying those and then buying the tickets with them save any extra money? We need 7 tickets at 8-10 days each and is $$$$ along with two rooms at POP. Luckily one of our teens wants to stay with grandma instead, so we are saving on a ticket this time.

Sams still has discounted Disney GCs, correct? Would buying those and then buying the tickets with them save any extra money? We need 7 tickets at 8-10 days each and is $$$$ along with two rooms at POP. Luckily one of our teens wants to stay with grandma instead, so we are saving on a ticket this time.
They do still have discounted gift cards, but the discount is not all that great. You can get a $500 gift card for $484 online. Probably similar discount in the stores. Authorized online resellers will save you quite a bit more than that.

I’m almost certain this has been asked before, and my apologies if I just didn’t search good enough, but I was hoping for a recent confirmation. We are planning a trip in June with my brother who is retired military. He isn’t sure he will actually be able to go because of his work schedule but he wants to pay for tickets for the family as a birthday gift for my 2 daughters. We were wondering is it ok for him to contact SOG and purchase tickets thru them and have the tickets mailed even if there is only a 50% chance he can even go on this trip? I have no idea if it is allowed or if he will need to be there to activate tickets or if they will ask for ID randomly at the tap stiles leaving us without entry because he is back in Texas. Thanks for your help!

They do still have discounted gift cards, but the discount is not all that great. You can get a $500 gift card for $484 online. Probably similar discount in the stores. Authorized online resellers will save you quite a bit more than that.

I did the math and it comes to $5 less than the "other place". I would prefer to get my tickets directly from Disney, but still probably not worth the hassle if Sams has a daily limit on how many you can buy.

For those that purchase their tickets through anyone but Disney, if the trip is postponed for any reason, the tickets are still good as long as I change the dates and pay any difference if need be, correct? I don’t anticipate postponing, but this past year has taught us that things happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter