For those that purchase their tickets through anyone but Disney, if the trip is postponed for any reason, the tickets are still good as long as I change the dates and pay any difference if need be, correct?
Yes.

(Up to the "final expiration date" of those tickets.
After that date, you can still use those tickets' original "Disney value" to help
buy new tickets for a later trip.)

To clarify... not just tickets purchased from authorized resellers, tickets purchased directly from Disney hold their value towards a future upgrade as well.

So in essence, the tickets would act as a credit towards future purchase. That’s what I was hoping.

So... in 2019, I worked as a civilian in the military. I bought military tickets civilians could use through an Army base - they were 4 day, one park tickets. I still work for the federal government, but no longer for the military. My trip last year was obviously canceled due to COVID. Because of all of the changes, I want to upgrade these tickets to park hoppers. I called and they said I had to upgrade in person, would have to pay taxes on whole ticket (fine) and upgrade charge and would need my military ID. Well.... I no longer have my military ID. Anyone done anything like this before????? Will I be able to upgrade if I pay the taxes/upgrade fees?

Also... will I have any problems with reservations linked to these tickets?

So... in 2019, I worked as a civilian in the military. I bought military tickets civilians could use through an Army base - they were 4 day, one park tickets. I still work for the federal government, but no longer for the military. My trip last year was obviously canceled due to COVID. Because of all of the changes, I want to upgrade these tickets to park hoppers. I called and they said I had to upgrade in person, would have to pay taxes on whole ticket (fine) and upgrade charge and would need my military ID. Well.... I no longer have my military ID. Anyone done anything like this before????? Will I be able to upgrade if I pay the taxes/upgrade fees?

Also... will I have any problems with reservations linked to these tickets?

My personal experience with DoD civilian purchases tickets thru just telephone convo (haven't been to the parks yet to try this in person) with Disney's Ticket Services CMs, the upgrade is insanely expensive. The CM kept telling me it's because i got a "discount", I would have to pay the difference to the full current price of the tickets I wanted. I wanted to upgrade my 7 day, one park per day ticket to hoppers. Paid $425 each & was told it would be $270.22 EACH which makes the price of the 7 day hopper almost $700, but the direct from Disney 7 day hopper for my dates are $633.91 from the WDW website. I don't get it. I've called MULTIPLE times & spoken to different CMs on the phone, but they can somehow "see" the ticket has some sort of military discount on it & they wouldn't tell me the price they're basing it on. I asked the CMs if I would get better results speaking to someone in person at the ticket counter outside the park & they said no. The tickets are discounted, so I definitely have to pay that much more. I don't understand because if others buy tickets from other verified vendors, their upgrade to hoppers is usually $85 per person which is 1/3 of what they quoted me on the phone at least 3x. I tried to email to see if I could get a better response, the email from Disney said to call Ticket Services. I'm going to ask when we get to the parks about upgrading to hoppers because I know the military is a verified vendor & see what results I get.

I don't know what to tell you about the military ID though. I still have mine, but I've never been asked to show it when using my tickets in the 3 times I've purchased as a DoD civilian, but I also wasn't trying to change what I purchased. We'll see how it goes this time. Mine were purchased when they were only selling 1-7 days, one park per day before WDW shut down in 2020.

I'm super disappointed in how this is being handled.

My personal experience with DoD civilian purchases tickets thru just telephone convo (haven't been to the parks yet to try this in person) with Disney's Ticket Services CMs, the upgrade is insanely expensive. The CM kept telling me it's because i got a "discount", I would have to pay the difference to the full current price of the tickets I wanted. I wanted to upgrade my 7 day, one park per day ticket to hoppers. Paid $425 each & was told it would be $270.22 EACH which makes the price of the 7 day hopper almost $700, but the direct from Disney 7 day hopper for my dates are $633.91 from the WDW website. I don't get it. I've called MULTIPLE times & spoken to different CMs on the phone, but they can somehow "see" the ticket has some sort of military discount on it & they wouldn't tell me the price they're basing it on. I asked the CMs if I would get better results speaking to someone in person at the ticket counter outside the park & they said no. The tickets are discounted, so I definitely have to pay that much more. I don't understand because if others buy tickets from other verified vendors, their upgrade to hoppers is usually $85 per person which is 1/3 of what they quoted me on the phone at least 3x. I tried to email to see if I could get a better response, the email from Disney said to call Ticket Services. I'm going to ask when we get to the parks about upgrading to hoppers because I know the military is a verified vendor & see what results I get.

I don't know what to tell you about the military ID though. I still have mine, but I've never been asked to show it when using my tickets in the 3 times I've purchased as a DoD civilian, but I also wasn't trying to change what I purchased. We'll see how it goes this time. Mine were purchased when they were only selling 1-7 days, one park per day before WDW shut down in 2020.

I'm super disappointed in how this is being handled.

Well, that's scary! Sigh.... Yeah, I've never had to show my ID in the parks -- just at Shades when we used to stay there.

Hi all! My family has AP's and we would like for my son's girlfriend to join us on our next trip. We will buy her ticket and will link it to our MDE. But is for any reason she does not come on this trip, does the ticket remain hers or will we be able to reassign that ticket or use it at a later date? My son is off to college and may not need an AP so he could use it to visit us in a year or so.

We had a trip planned for last April 2020. I bought my daughter tickets and we had annual passes. So now we are going in Dec 2021. How do I figure out how much her tickets are worth. I bought her a 6 day I think. I can't remember. Plan to go more than 6 days in December so I'll need to add to her ticket. I just can't figure out on mydisneyexperience how to see what she has. She has the ticket symbol highligted next to her name.

We had a trip planned for last April 2020. I bought my daughter tickets and we had annual passes. So now we are going in Dec 2021. How do I figure out how much her tickets are worth. I bought her a 6 day I think. I can't remember. Plan to go more than 6 days in December so I'll need to add to her ticket. I just can't figure out on mydisneyexperience how to see what she has. She has the ticket symbol highligted next to her name.
Nevermind I found it. Expires before our trip though. hmm....

Hi all! My family has AP's and we would like for my son's girlfriend to join us on our next trip. We will buy her ticket and will link it to our MDE.
1. But is for any reason she does not come on this trip, does the ticket remain hers
2. or will we be able to reassign that ticket or use it at a later date?
3. My son is off to college and may not need an AP so he could use it to visit us in a year or so.
1. Nope.
2. Yes.
3. That’ll work.

Nevermind I found it. Expires before our trip though. hmm....
If, in fact, the ticket does fully expire, you can use its original value to help pay for a new ticket at the time of your future trip. (Disney will know its value.)

If, in fact, the ticket does fully expire, you can use its original value to help pay for a new ticket at the time of your future trip. (Disney will know its value.)
Thank you! Can I buy new tickets online with the credit or do I have to call them?

We will buy her ticket and will link it to our MDE
As long as her profile is managed through your MDE account you will be able to shift the ticket to a different user. If you are linked as Friends&Family, she will have to transfer it back to you.

Question-if I buy tickets and select say November 1 as my date to have a reservation, can I go back and change it to another available day, such as the 2nd, at a later date or at I locked into that day once I chose it??

Thank you! Can I buy new tickets online with the credit or do I have to call them?
Very likely you will have to call Disney.
One big reason is that after an unused ticket fully expires, it will "disappear" from a guest's MDX account. At that point, only Disney can still "see" it.
(The expired ticket will still "be there" in the guest's account, but the guest cannot see it or have direct access to it.)

I bought my granddaughter the dvc buy 4 day get 2 free days ticket. It’s now linked to MDE. Shows 6 day ticket (includes 2 free days). However, now we think we might want to add another day when we arrive because we are driving and have more flexibility For our last day. But it will depend on park availability and hours. do we pay the difference between the price for a 4 day and 5 day ticket. or 6 day to 7 day ticket? (Bridged). Assuming we can just go to guest services to do this. We choose not to add hopper. Decided to use the cost of the hopper feature to add a day at the water park.

So we are supposed to be a coming in May for a girls only trip. this may be cancelled due to one of the ladies not being able to now get the time off. my question is I have a a 5 day park hopper and a 2 day park hopper and I have no other plans to travel to Disney to use them. what are my chances of getting my money back on these tickets? thanks

They are non refundable per their website. But you can use them at a later date. So you may want to plan a future trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter