We had 2 adult 8-day PH tickets purchased in January, 2020 from Park Savers/Boardwalk Ticketing for an April 2020 trip that got cancelled due to COVID. Those were converted by Disney to tickets that could be used anytime before 9/26/21.

The links on the first page are broken, so I can't see how much value the tickets have. I'd like to know how much it would cost to upgrade them (and if it's even possible) to 10-day PH tickets. We're planning to go later this summer, which will be before the tickets expire. We paid $538.95/ticket total (including any tax).

With the advent of date-based tickets and all the various permutations of pricing, I think WDW is the only source to get value for previously purchased date-based tickets. You may be able to make the change — and see the value — through MDE. But you most likely will need to call.

With the advent of date-based tickets and all the various permutations of pricing, I think WDW is the only source to get value for previously purchased date-based tickets. You may be able to make the change — and see the value — through MDE. But you most likely will need to call.
Do you know if we'll be able to upgrade from 8-day to 10-day tickets? And if so, do you know if we'll have to wait to do that until we get there or if they should be able to do that over the phone for us ahead of time?

Hello, all! I'm really sorry that this is repetitive, but I saw versions of my question answered on this board and I wanted to test out my specific situation in case the answer would be different. I have two 5-day base tickets that I purchased in November 2019 via a legit discount site for a canceled June 2020 trip. Disney has extended those tickets in MDE until Sept. 2021. I am planning to use them in June 2021, but I wanted to add another day. When I go to look at current prices, the difference between 5 and 6 days is only $19.87 for my June 2021 dates. Is it possible that they would upgrade it for that little, or do they go by (a) what the full ticket price was worth when I bought them in November 2019 (and is there a way for me to find out that price) or (b) what I paid via the discounted site (how do they know that?). Again, I know versions of this question have been asked but I'm just confused, lol. Thanks in advance!

Hello, all! I'm really sorry that this is repetitive, but I saw versions of my question answered on this board and I wanted to test out my specific situation in case the answer would be different. I have two 5-day base tickets that I purchased in November 2019 via a legit discount site for a canceled June 2020 trip. Disney has extended those tickets in MDE until Sept. 2021. I am planning to use them in June 2021, but I wanted to add another day. When I go to look at current prices, the difference between 5 and 6 days is only $19.87 for my June 2021 dates.
1. Is it possible that they would upgrade it for that little, or do they go by
(a) what the full ticket price was worth when I bought them in November 2019 (and is there a way for me to find out that price) or
(b) what I paid via the discounted site (how do they know that?).
2. Again, I know versions of this question have been asked but I'm just confused, lol. Thanks in advance!
1. The last price increase was in Feb. 2020.
(a) You could try calling and asking the on-line Disney price in Nov. 2019.
(b) that "discounter's price" is not used in the upgrade transaction.

2. The cost to upgrade is calculated on the difference between the Disney on-line price when you first bought your discounted tickets... and the current Disney on-line price when you add the upgrade.

1. The last price increase was in Feb. 2020.
(a) You could try calling and asking the on-line Disney price in Nov. 2019.
(b) that "discounter's price" is not used in the upgrade transaction.

2. The cost to upgrade is calculated on the difference between the Disney on-line price when you first bought your discounted tickets... and the current Disney on-line price when you add the upgrade.
Thank you so much!

Just priced tickets - yikes! For the same 10 days that we went in 2019, it will be about $100 more pp in 2021! 😱

I know there was an increase Feb 2020, but this is a huge increase.

@Robo, have you noticed that Disney is labeling more days as Peak than before- that’s the only thing that makes sense- (??)

Hi everyone! My parents recently moved to Florida so we are new to the FL resident discounts. It is my understanding from posts on the Mom Panel that they are able to buy FL resident discounted tickets for their grandchildren. Assuming that is the case I had a couple of questions:

1. If they did the digital residency verification would we be able to make park reservations right away?
2. If tix were verified online would they need to be there the first day of use? If yes, do they also have to be there every day they are used? (my parent's may not go to the parks as many times as we do)
3. How does MDE work? Could we add them to our MDE account or would it have to stay under my parent's account?

TIA!

Once tickets are purchased you can make theme park reservations. No need for verification to do so.

I’ll let someone else reply about the online verification for FL residents.

On MDE, I think as long as you are linked, the grandparents should be able to assign tickets to the kids on your account.

Help please. Two quick questions:

The cost for a 10 day base ticket for our family of five, starting July 26th is $3,008. We're not sure yet if we want water parks or hoppers.

More likely is that we will want the Park Hopper option, which add $453 to base tickets. The other possible option is to purchase both the hopper and waterpark option (Park Hopper Plus) a $559 upgrade from base tickets.

I know pricing can change at any time, but based on prices right now...
  • Can I purchase 10 day base tickets now, and upgrade to either the Park Hopper or Park Hopper Plus options once we've started using our tickets in the parks? (at whatever tickets prices are at that time)
  • If I update to the Park Hopper option on our first day in the parks (currently a $453 upgrade), and decide to also update to Park Hopper Plus tickets soon after, can I do that while we're there for the difference of $106? (just using current pricing for example's sake)
Dan

Yes, you can upgrade at the parks by adding either the hopper or hopper plus - either in 1 transaction or as 2 separate transactions. The add-on price is a flat amount regardless of how many days you may have used prior to upgrading.

I bought my granddaughter the dvc buy 4 day get 2 free days ticket. It’s now linked to MDE. Shows 6 day ticket (includes 2 free days). However, now we think we might want to add another day when we arrive because we are driving and have more flexibility For our last day. But it will depend on park availability and hours.
1. do we pay the difference between the price for a 4 day and 5 day ticket.
2. or 6 day to 7 day ticket? (Bridged).
3. Assuming we can just go to guest services to do this.
1. Nope.
2. Yes.
3. Guest Relations or any ticket booth.

Last edited:
I know pricing can change at any time, but based on prices right now...
  • A. Can I purchase 10 day base tickets now, and upgrade to either the Park Hopper or Park Hopper Plus options once we've started using our tickets in the parks? (at whatever tickets prices are at that time)
  • B. If I update to the Park Hopper option on our first day in the parks (currently a $453 upgrade), and decide to also update to Park Hopper Plus tickets soon after, can I do that while we're there for the difference of $106? (just using current pricing for example's sake)
A. Yes. Before you first use them, or at some point during the time you are using them. Makes no difference in the upgrade price.
B. I'm not checking your numbers, but it costs the same to "upgrade" and add a ticket option (or more than one option) as it does to buy those options to begin-with.
(As you noted, if the prices go up before the upgrades are added, you'd pay the "new" cost for the upgrades.)

Everything I knew does not necessarily apply in todays Disney day and age. It sounds like you can still add days to park tickets, bridge them from a third party seller, and add park hopper upon arrival. The only problem being able to get a park reservation on short notice.

Back in February 2020 I had purchased a 3 day hopper ticket at the convention discount price. I was supposed to have been going to a convention in May 2020, which obviously didn't happen. I just checked MDE and the hopper ticket still shows in my tickets available. We are headed to WDW in September. Will this ticket be good to use or do I need to exchange it for a new hopper pass?

Back in February 2020 I had purchased a 3 day hopper ticket at the convention discount price. I was supposed to have been going to a convention in May 2020, which obviously didn't happen. I just checked MDE and the hopper ticket still shows in my tickets available. We are headed to WDW in September. Will this ticket be good to use or do I need to exchange it for a new hopper pass?

I believe WDW extended all tickets that were impacted to September 30, 2021. I'll see if I can find the link to the thread it was discussed in.

All tickets purchased prior to June 2020 have been extended through September 26, 2021. Depending on your dates that month, you should be good. Try making a parks reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter