• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Time to select your FP email questions

Our 60 days was on June 10th. I just went back and checked my emails because I remembered mine coming in after I had already chosen our passes. Yup, 10:57am. I do feel bad for people that don't know the ropes.

For as long as I can remember the emails being sent, they have been sent too late in the day to make a difference in getting the highly coveted FPs. No reason why the automated emails can't be sent the day before with a message that says that "you can make your FP reservations beginning tomorrow at 7:00 a.m. Eastern." It is just as easy to program your email blaster to send out the messages at 60 days -12 hours as it is to send them out at 60 days +5 hours.

For our upcoming trip, the email came at 5:54 pm on the day I could first book. I laughed out loud when I saw it.

I'm glad i saw this thread. i just set alerts for myself for the day before on my Outlook calendar and my phone! thanks! :)

I'm just nervous reading about your difficulty in getting FOP fast passes. If you have trouble for late August dates, I don't even want to think about October....

I always get them late and I think Disney does it on purpose. I'm sure they prefer all on site guests knowing about 60+ day FPs but not necessarily all at once at 7am slamming their servers.

WIth respect to FOP FPs, I have found them plentiful at 60+5 or further out, but yeah, right at 60 days is a mess (only a few left at random times).

I always get them late and I think Disney does it on purpose. I'm sure they prefer all on site guests knowing about 60+ day FPs but not necessarily all at once at 7am slamming their servers.

WIth respect to FOP FPs, I have found them plentiful at 60+5 or further out, but yeah, right at 60 days is a mess (only a few left at random times).

Okay cool. If one of our AK days is 60 + 7, we may have better luck?

I'm not close enough for FP+ selection, but my email about making ADRs was over a day late (not that I needed it).
My ADR e-mail was at 10:11am Central Time Zone. I actually didn't do my ADRs til a few hours after that but I wasn't going for hard to get ones. The 3 that I made had plenty of availability at that time though now they don't have as much.

You get email reminders for that too? I had no clue. :scratchin
I just get the emails to do the surveys.
Yeah I actually wasn't expecting to get one. I booked our resort on 2/21/17 and my ADR window started on 3/12/17-see above for time I received the e-mail. I actually got a small personalized and customized based on my resort vacation booklet (that I wasn't expecting either) in the mail and it has my ADR dates, FPs and vacation start date on the back page. I however received that vacation booklet after my ADR date.

Just based on reading people's comments over time it completely seemed like snail-mail information and e-mail information was wonky and all over the place. Some people got the information on time some late by hrs or days and some didn't get it at all. Why that is the case I don't really know.

I usually get mine a day or two after my FP+ window opens.

I have always gotten the e-mail for ADRs and FPs a day or 2 late as well. Luckily when I book a trip I figure out when those important dates are.

The problem is, when would they send the email? The night before? And say what? Your window opens tomorrow? I would bet that it isn't a good marketing practice to send an email like that.

Instead they send the email on the day. Yes, some people might miss a fast pass for a ride or two. But most people are covered.

Ours have always been late and to be honest, I AM GLAD and hope it stays that way!

There are fewer and fewer "advantages" to the uber-planner these days, which is fine. But I would like this one to remain. :)

Last edited:
Just checked email.
For last trip in February 2017, the email reminder came at 5:26 PM TWO DAYS LATER.

As others have said, I am glad they don't remind everyone, and likely they do that to not add to the, already, overwhelmed system and CMs fielding calls at 7:01 AM.

Okay cool. If one of our AK days is 60 + 7, we may have better luck?

Without question. I found FP starting in the afternoon at day 4 and on. It's the 3 day trips that are really in trouble. Or those who leave early on day 4.
For new/hard-to-get attractions (FEA, 7DMT -- especially when they first opened), I always start looking for FP later in my trip first and work my way back -- just to be sure I get SOMETHING.

Its not just your FP email that is late. I am a TA and I receive information on newly released promotions (from Disney Destinations) usually at around 10-11AM on the day the promotion is released. Of course, by then, I have already spent my time on hold and applied said promotions to all of my clients trips, mostly thanks to scouring the internet daily for rumors.

Disney did just recently rework the TA website though. I used to have to count back all of my client's vacations dates for their booking windows and make a tickler file but they just added a feature that all of the booking dates and other deadlines are in there for us. I love that. I still have to set calendar reminders but I no longer have to do the calculations.

The e-mails come late, but when i book they send a flyer with all the 'important dates to remember' with dining, FP, and online checkin dates that I put on my bulletin board.

Ours comes right around noon. The last one was sent 11:56 am. Every time I get the email, I laugh to myself and think, Too late! Already done!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter