Today’s installment of People Are Strange

lol we don’t get any. It pains me to go to a movie and not get popcorn but he thinks a waste of money so I don’t bother.
That’s like my husband. He refuses to buy any drinks or snacks at the movies on the rare chance he goes. He only gets popcorn if he gets it free when he buys gifts cards. He buys movie gifts cards when they offer the free popcorn promotion specifically to get the free popcorn because he’s cheap like that!

That’s like my husband. He refuses to buy any drinks or snacks at the movies on the rare chance he goes. He only gets popcorn if he gets it free when he buys gifts cards. He buys movie gifts cards when they offer the free popcorn promotion specifically to get the free popcorn because he’s cheap like that!

Sounds like a smart guy :)

I would have had to have moved with the talking! That seems to happen often. I feel like I move at least once away from a talker, same as smokers at the beach. I would rather move than be irritated the whole time. When I saw Jersey Boys, the couples next to me were singing loudly (and badly) to every song, unfortunately there was no room to move. A new thing have noticed is people coming in late and using their cell phones as flashlights to find seats. We literally twice had people shining their flashlights in our eyes during the first half hour of a recent movie. I let it go the first time as it was a senior citizen but the second time was a woman around my age. Not cool. Judging by how late they were, the perps most likely had their film end and were scamming a free one.

Several years ago DH & I went to a movie. I can’t remember what it was but it wasn’t something we thought kids would be interested in or entertained by. We sat in the middle several rows up. Probably not half way. There were like 6 or 8 other people in the theater. In comes a guy with 4 or 5 kids that looked to be ages 3 to 10. Sat right behind us! Before the movie started they were switching seats and talking pretty loudly. We moved to the top row. Boy were we ever glad we did. They talked (not whispered ) the entire movie and just kept leaving for bathroom or snacks or something. It was still distracting but not as bad as if we hadn’t moved. After the movie, DH asked me if I thought the guy thought we were rude. I told him I didn’t care. It was rude of him to sit his circus so close behind us in a nearly empty theater. Since then, we go to top row if it’s available

Dead center are supposedly the best seats, so I can see people choosing them, despite others being there. Skipping a seat between them is likely so they wouldn't have to share an armrest.

The talking the entire time? Just rude. Sorry they had to put up with that.

lol we don’t get any. It pains me to go to a movie and not get popcorn but he thinks a waste of money so I don’t bother.

:lmao: To me, it's part of the fun of going - getting a big popcorn and some candy to share! And I really like the dine-in concept - not for a gourmet meal, but for a sandwich, snacks and a super comfy reclining chair! :goodvibes One we go to will bring freshly baked chocolate chip cookies with milk at whatever time you direct them to, lol! (DS always gets those!) Now I want to go see a movie! (But alas, I have to work! :duck: )

We prefer some space so we wouldn't sit right behind the only other people in an empty theatre, but DH & I always leave a seat between us if the theatre isn't full - that's where our shared popcorn sits!

I went to a movie once, and was the only person seated in the whole theater. Right before the previews, in walks this guy who sat down 1 seat away from me (not next to me, but in the next seat). It was bizarre, but he was being kind of a creep, too. He would take a bite of his popcorn, say "mmmm," and stare at me. I got up and moved to the other side of the theater, lol.

It does, but I made the mistake of making an anolgy I can’t really explain in brevity. I just witnessed another example yesterday, a turn light wasn’t working (skipped the cycle 3 times) yesterday and the driver in front (with no cross traffic) was just sitting there with no clue what to do, traffic backed up at the light and I rolled down my window anf politely told him he needed to (safely) run the light. That driver had a herd mentality, he had no clue what to do because he wasn’t following the pack

Wow

That would have driven me crazy (both parts).

I remember a few years ago I went to lunch alone in a fairly small town in a small, independent pizza shop. It was just me- no other customers. I sit down to wait for my pizza and as I am waiting, another customer walks in, orders her pizza, and sits at the table RIGHT NEXT TO MINE. It highly annoyed me. Why pick that one when there are 20 other identical tables, AWAY from me, available?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter