Toilet Lid & Seat

Have a seat!

• Seat & lid down

Votes: 70 60.9%
  • Seat down & lid up

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • Seat up-Shame, Shame, Shame! Picture me ringing a bell behind you!

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters
Both down. Just seems gross to me to leave them up.

Speaking of microscopic particles - did anyone hear that report about hand dryers in public restrooms? I guess fecal matter (yuck!) in tiny particles gets sucked up by the hand dryers and blown out onto your hands...

Other, this is the DIS, there always has to be the other as a choice. I do nothing, but other people take the raised seat off when they go and then put it back, unless they like to sit up high and then they don’t do anything.

If you flush with the seat up, you spew tiny particles of water and bodily wastes into the room. Got that from an Infection Control Nurse.

Exactly- it is SO gross then people leave the lid open and flush the toilet! We only have one bathroom and I hate when company comes over and uses it- I actually have a sign up saying to please close the lid before flushing the toilet. It is so disgusting otherwise!!!

[QUOTE="lovesmurfs, post: 5938486

I think it's feng shui that says that any container of waste should be covered.[/QUOTE]
Yes! Excellent point!

DH and I use separate bathrooms. He keeps his lid and seat up, I keep both of mine down. Monsterkitty uses my toilet to get up on the counter for his food and he falls in if I keep the lid up. Then he follows me around and yells at me. (The only thing used in that bathroom is the toilet by me and the counter by the cats).

As long as the seat is down I don't care so much about the lid. It would be great if it was down so that the dogs don't drink out of it, but really I've got bigger things to worry about....like little boys who can't pee into the toilet or even flush it. #boymom

Seat down lid up. My Bengal uses toilets to pee in.

The main toilet is a seperate room to the bathroom. And as a mum of three I think I’ve been exposed to worse than flushed toilet water particles so the lid can stay up in the ensuite as well.

If you flush with the seat up, you spew tiny particles of water and bodily wastes into the room. Got that from an Infection Control Nurse.
Yeah, and didn't Mythbusters do an episode about it too? Lid must always be down. Lord knows what is in those pipes, we once found a rat in the toilet when we lived on the farm. Woke up to this repetitive clink-clink-splash, clink-clink-splash. Ex-husband went to check it out, turns out to be a rat in the toilet, jumping up at the closed lid trying to escape. Still not sure how he got there as we always kept the toilet lid closed due to our son being a curious toddler, but he kind of looked like he crawled out of the pipe and brought some pipe gunk with him. And we never saw any evidence of rats in the house--we were pretty much always battling invasions of mice and moles but never rats. Always keep your lid down so the sewer rats can't escape into your house!

Seat down lid up. My Bengal uses toilets to pee in.

The main toilet is a seperate room to the bathroom. And as a mum of three I think I’ve been exposed to worse than flushed toilet water particles so the lid can stay up in the ensuite as well.
:worship: You have your own tiger?!? Neat! And I agree (s)he should totally get to choose however (s)he wants the toilet configured.

Yeah, and didn't Mythbusters do an episode about it too? Lid must always be down. Lord knows what is in those pipes, we once found a rat in the toilet when we lived on the farm. Woke up to this repetitive clink-clink-splash, clink-clink-splash. Ex-husband went to check it out, turns out to be a rat in the toilet, jumping up at the closed lid trying to escape. Still not sure how he got there as we always kept the toilet lid closed due to our son being a curious toddler, but he kind of looked like he crawled out of the pipe and brought some pipe gunk with him. And we never saw any evidence of rats in the house--we were pretty much always battling invasions of mice and moles but never rats. Always keep your lid down so the sewer rats can't escape into your house!

O...M...G

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter