Toilet Lid & Seat

Have a seat!

• Seat & lid down

Votes: 70 60.9%
  • Seat down & lid up

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • Seat up-Shame, Shame, Shame! Picture me ringing a bell behind you!

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters
Wait, what?!? I always wondered what the sink in there was for - thanks. Learning, always learning...:disrocks:
I get it. I know I will be washing my hands, but I'd still rather not have to touch the seat or lid if I don't have to. I'll take my chances with the microparticles as well. Lids up, seats down at our house!

I get it. I know I will be washing my hands, but I'd still rather not have to touch the seat or lid if I don't have to. I'll take my chances with the microparticles as well. Lids up, seats down at our house!

hope when you go to other peoples houses you put the seat down if that is how they have it- would hate to have someone use mine and leave it up- not enough bleach to sanitize the room flushing with lid up!

Both down. All the time. It used to be just because of the splashing while flushing, but now we have a cat who is a lot mischievous. She jumped in the toilet once just as I was getting up and learned that's not a place she wants to be, but I wouldn't be surprised if she tried again.

hope when you go to other peoples houses you put the seat down if that is how they have it- would hate to have someone use mine and leave it up- not enough bleach to sanitize the room flushing with lid up!
Not to worry. I'm so weak with sickness from being exposed to all those microparticles that I never leave the house.

Yeah, and didn't Mythbusters do an episode about it too? Lid must always be down. Lord knows what is in those pipes, we once found a rat in the toilet when we lived on the farm. Woke up to this repetitive clink-clink-splash, clink-clink-splash. Ex-husband went to check it out, turns out to be a rat in the toilet, jumping up at the closed lid trying to escape. Still not sure how he got there as we always kept the toilet lid closed due to our son being a curious toddler, but he kind of looked like he crawled out of the pipe and brought some pipe gunk with him. And we never saw any evidence of rats in the house--we were pretty much always battling invasions of mice and moles but never rats. Always keep your lid down so the sewer rats can't escape into your house!

I thought the Mythbusters episode showed that you have fecal matter everywhere, no matter what you do, so closing the lid is no more sanitary than leaving it open. I could be wrong, I just remember that even the toothbrushes that had never entered a bathroom had fecal matter on them.

I leave it in the last position used. If it needs to be in the opposite position the next time I use the toilet, I move it to that position. I'm doing no more or less than would expect any other person to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter