Tom & Heidi 1/19/09 Italy WD/WP/Narcoossee's/Sago Cay...Sprint to the Finish!!!

Hi Heidi! I am fairly new to the boards so I didn't post before, but I just wanted to say that your wedding was beautiful, and I have used your pj/tr a lot now that we have changed our location to Narcoossee's. Congratulations on your marriage!!

Also, congratulations on your new ticker in your siggie!!

KR1343-Thanks!

Krysten- Thanks so much! And feel free to borrow away! I'm so excited to see more weddings at Narcoossee's. I had only seen one or two before we had ours.

Also, you're the first to comment on our ticker! :) Thanks so much. Only 10 1/2 weeks along, so still a little nervous, but so far so good. Poor kiddo is due Dec 22nd!!!

KR1343-Thanks!

Krysten- Thanks so much! And feel free to borrow away! I'm so excited to see more weddings at Narcoossee's. I had only seen one or two before we had ours.

Also, you're the first to comment on our ticker! :) Thanks so much. Only 10 1/2 weeks along, so still a little nervous, but so far so good. Poor kiddo is due Dec 22nd!!!

Our weddings are going to be more similar now that we are at Narcoossee's as well because since day 1 purple was the colour I wanted, and that is what you used too lol

Congratulations on the Christmas baby! I wish you guys a happy, healthy pregnancy and bundle of joy when s/he arrives!

KR1343-Thanks!

Can I be the second? ;) Congratulations on your pregnancy -- I hope it goes smoothly (and quickly!) for you. :goodvibes

I just wanted to comment 'cuz I've been following your TR without posting, and I finally had to tell you how much I've enjoyed reading it. You and your dh had a beautiful wedding and I've gotten lots of great info from it.

I was also wondering what you thought of Narcoosee's for a smaller reception of 15-20 people. Would the restaurant seem cavernously empty with a group that small? Also, I know that you have to use existing tables, but (I wasn't sure from your photos since I've never eaten there) ... were you able to at least use different tablecovers?

Thanks again for sharing your wedding with us, and thanks to both you and your dh for your service. :goodvibes

Thanks, girls! We leave for WDW in 3 days, and I'm pouting about not being able to ride all the E-ticket rides, but it's a small price to pay! I'm just hoping I feel a little less icky, because eating is my favorite thing to do at WDW!

pixie921-I don't think it would feel cavernous. There was another wedding a while before mine that used Narcoossee's and they had much fewer guests. I was actually worried we would be too packed in there, and was surprised at how much room we had.

We did pay for upgraded linens through our Floral BEO. I was VERY particular about how the tables were arranged and what linens were used. That was my way of making it look less like a restaurant and more like a reception site. I even drew out a diagram of how I wanted the tables set up. I would do something similar and have them move all of the excess tables either to the upper level (if you're not using that) or to the side furthest from the door. They could block it off with a cake table or something, so that your guests don't feel like they're wading past empty tables to get to theirs.

I would definitely pay for linens, but chair covers don't fit, and the bows we tried did NOTHING to the chairs, so skip on those.

Also, I think our centerpieces were just about the right size. If we had gone with something grander, I think the effect would have been lost on the smaller space. In a ballroom you can put pin-lighting on the really grand centerpieces to make them seem even grander, but in Narcoossee's, it needs to look a bit more normal scale, I think.

Thanks, girls! We leave for WDW in 3 days, and I'm pouting about not being able to ride all the E-ticket rides, but it's a small price to pay! I'm just hoping I feel a little less icky, because eating is my favorite thing to do at WDW!

pixie921-I don't think it would feel cavernous. There was another wedding a while before mine that used Narcoossee's and they had much fewer guests. I was actually worried we would be too packed in there, and was surprised at how much room we had.

We did pay for upgraded linens through our Floral BEO. I was VERY particular about how the tables were arranged and what linens were used. That was my way of making it look less like a restaurant and more like a reception site. I even drew out a diagram of how I wanted the tables set up. I would do something similar and have them move all of the excess tables either to the upper level (if you're not using that) or to the side furthest from the door. They could block it off with a cake table or something, so that your guests don't feel like they're wading past empty tables to get to theirs.

I would definitely pay for linens, but chair covers don't fit, and the bows we tried did NOTHING to the chairs, so skip on those.

Also, I think our centerpieces were just about the right size. If we had gone with something grander, I think the effect would have been lost on the smaller space. In a ballroom you can put pin-lighting on the really grand centerpieces to make them seem even grander, but in Narcoossee's, it needs to look a bit more normal scale, I think.

THANK YOU for all the great details! That's tremendously helpful. :thumbsup2 We're still going back and forth between having our VR at the Grand or at Sea Breeze Point, so it's nice to know that Narcoossee's might work out just fine for our luncheon. :)

And I hope you have a great time at WDW, and that you feel good enough to really enjoy it! As an aside, I'm sure you've probably heard all kinds of pregnancy nausea remedies, but my midwife had me keep a box of graham crackers by the bed and told me to eat a couple before I even got out of bed each morning, and that really kept the icks away. :goodvibes

Thanks! I've been lucky enough to never really have true nausea, except for the unsettled, queasy tummy. But, things seem to be going better. I will definitely get some crackers for our room at Disney, though!

Congrats on the new addition to your family! That's so exciting! What a perfect early Christmas present :goodvibes Have a great time at Disney. :)

Thanks! I've been lucky enough to never really have true nausea, except for the unsettled, queasy tummy. But, things seem to be going better. I will definitely get some crackers for our room at Disney, though!

That was me, too. I felt really blessed not to spend my days throwing up like some of my poor girlfriends! :sick:

Can I ask you two more quick questions about Narcoossee's? I was looking at your photos and wasn't really able to tell ... are they flexible about moving the tables around at all? We really want one long table for the whole group, which I guess they could do by pushing several together to the middle of the room. I'm hoping that would be okay, because I really don't want everyone split up at small tables with such a small group. Also, do you have to use their exact place settings, or will they allow you to use the chargers offered by DFTW to jazz the tables up a bit?

TIA! :goodvibes

I feel bad re-posting these pictures, because I had downloaded them for my own planning and now cannot find them even in the bride's PJ/TR. But these came from this bride's reception:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1872692

I hope I'm forgiven for re-posting :)

She had long tables set up for her guests with a sweetheart table set up for her and the groom. The only thing I would request if you go with this layout is to remove the extra tables that aren't used (you can see some in the pictures) and stack them against a wall or in a far corner).

We also upgraded linens to give it a more custom look, but obviously, you can stick with the white from the restaurant!

Narcoossees5.jpg

Narcoossees12.jpg

Narcoossees10.jpg

Narcoossees9.jpg

Narcoossees8.jpg

Narcoossees7.jpg

Narcoossees6.jpg

Narcoossees4.jpg

Narcoossees3.jpg

Narcoossees2.jpg

Narcoossees1.jpg

I'm also pretty sure you can use different place settings, because it's not really Narcoossee's staff that is preparing your food. If you have a reception there before the restaurant is open, it's Grand Floridian catering. So, anything that is available at any GF Convention Center venue is typically available there...with some exceptions. Obviously, we went with custom linens and napkins, but stuck with the regular plates.

Thanks for posting those, Heidi, and for your detailed reply. :goodvibes

That's what I was hoping to do, but I noticed the photos are dated 2008, and another DIS bride (punttinones) was just told by her planner that they will not move tables in any way in Narcoossee's (she asked specifically about setting it up like the photos you posted), so it sounds like the policy has changed since '08. Ugh -- I feel like Disney is thwarting me at every turn, LOL!

I'm glad it worked out for your reception though -- it seems like your group was about the perfect size for the space! :)

Are you doing Wishes? I would still ask your planner, because that is ridiculous. They're just normal tables. I think sometimes they don't want to do certain things, but my planner was the one who sent me the layout of Narcoossee's and asked me to draw out what I wanted.

It's particularly nuts, because let's say you had a reservation for 15 for normal dinner at Narcoossee's. They would certainly smush the tables together then!

Crazy...

Are you doing Wishes? I would still ask your planner, because that is ridiculous. They're just normal tables. I think sometimes they don't want to do certain things, but my planner was the one who sent me the layout of Narcoossee's and asked me to draw out what I wanted.

It's particularly nuts, because let's say you had a reservation for 15 for normal dinner at Narcoossee's. They would certainly smush the tables together then!

Crazy...

Yup, we're doing a Wishes package ... Punttinones is doing an Escape, though, IIRC. Do you think they'd move them for one type and not the other? Yikes. I'll check with my coordinator on Tuesday when I talk to her. :thumbsup2

Congratulations Heidi! (and Tom too of course!) :cutie: That is SO wonderful! I hope you have a fantastic trip to WDW and a healthy and happy pregnancy! All my best!! :goodvibes

Congrats to you Heidi and Tom!!! :goodvibes And I hope you have a safe and wonderful trip to Disney! Sure, you won't be able to go on all the rides... but think of all the new, fun things you get to buy instead! ;)

Thanks Ladies!!!

We're doing last minute packing right now. I'm actually feeling pretty good about not forgetting something. Hopefully I'm right!

A shuttle is coming to get us at 4:00am, since our flight leaves at 5:30! This is one instance where the "joys" of pregnancy work in my favor, since I'm usually up at that time due to less bladder space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter