Tomorrow SWA opens up Nov. fares.....what time do you think???

Any chance a DING! will come out later today to help drop these prices???? I really don't know what to do!! I was hoping for $300 and I am at $339 (which is still almost $100 better than UAL or AA after you figure in their CRAPPY baggage charges)

$796.00 round trip out of san antonio for 4 people. don't know how i feel...think i feel good...expected it to be wayyyyy more. not the best but not the worst either.:confused3

I am so happy for you and all the others who it worked out for :) . I'd give my eye teeth to get those kinds of prices sweetie! We are on east coast only 15 hrs by car to WDW and $400pp is simply high jacking. :eek:

I was banking on $300 at the most :( , sorry, I am putting things on hold and going back to the drawing board till I figure what to do for our group :worried:. Sadly I probably don't have much alternative, it will most likely only increase here out. The train is looking better and better all the time.

With my return flights all priced at $220 regardless of the flight (under the "Wanna Get Away") and all but four of the ten flights showing as "unavailable" in that fare category, I'm thinking of booking under the "Anytime" fare (which is $265).

ALL the flights are available at that rate, and then if the "Wanna Get Away" fares show up for the flight I really want I should be able to cancel the "Anytime", get a FULL refund to my credit card, and then book the better rate.

Does this make sense to you Southwest veterans?

booked phl-mco 11/30 and return 12/5, $414/person for 5 people!!!!!!!!!!!:sick: one is a baby, 15 months. can i change her to an infant fare? it's got to be less! Bob

I think we are probably going to look seriously at driving down there. Even if I figure gas would be 5.00 per gallon and I figure roughly 2200 miles to get down there and back with driving here and there while we are there - it still only comes to 500.00 worth of gas (yes I know the wear and tear on the car). Right now, with airfare we are looking at 1200.00 for round trip and then ontop of that paying to get to the port and back, etc. I can't believe I am even contemplating driving with a 2 year old.

With my return flights all priced at $220 regardless of the flight (under the "Wanna Get Away") and all but four of the ten flights showing as "unavailable" in that fare category, I'm thinking of booking under the "Anytime" fare (which is $265).

ALL the flights are available at that rate, and then if the "Wanna Get Away" fares show up for the flight I really want I should be able to cancel the "Anytime", get a FULL refund to my credit card, and then book the better rate.

I did this exact thing FOR THAT SAME REASON...........you can get the REFUND vs. the credit. I am still toying with Airtran on the way down vs. SW.

HO-LY crap. :eek:

well, all booked- Dec 10-14. Only set me back $538 bucks for the two of us... :headache:

Been lurking all morning, waiting...waiting...waiting...:surfweb:

then THERE THEY ARE!!!, but OH NO, thats not good.

I guess we will be driving..

Anyone want to carpool from Ohio on Nov. 6-7th??
We can take 3 more with limited luggage!!! :rotfl2:

I did this exact thing FOR THAT SAME REASON...........you can get the REFUND vs. the credit. I am still toying with Airtran on the way down vs. SW.

Thanks. I think that's what I'll do.

I'm very happy with the outbound flight and price, $518 total for four of us. I figure at a minimum I can hold out for a good "Wanna Get Away" price on the non-stop I really want. If not, I've spent a little more but get the non-stop versus a 2-3 hour layover in either Tampa or Orlando

Wait!!! Am I understanding that an "ANYTIME" fare is fully refundable?? Not jsut credit on another flight? If that is the case - then I feel a little better... I can totally cancel this and get all my money back???

Just a heads up, the last three times schedules opened, the fares were HIGH!!! Within two weeks, they dropped.
Personally, I would stick with SW. No baggage fees, no seat picking fees, no schedule changes (yet), no fees for changing tickets. Food for Thought !

Wait!!! Am I understanding that an "ANYTIME" fare is fully refundable?? Not jsut credit on another flight? If that is the case - then I feel a little better... I can totally cancel this and get all my money back???

Yup. I clicked on the "Anytime" link listed in the fare grid and that fare is FULLY refundable to the credit card you used to charge the fare to, according to the little chart that comes up:

If you cancel your flight, you are eligible to receive 100% of your ticket value as a refund to your original form of payment.

OKAY HOLD ON TO YOUR MONEY....I just called SW to ask about the military discount on the ANYTIME fares....I just booked. So it was 7 bucks cheaper per ticket so I got a 35 buck credit. NO A REFUND. She said because i applied a 40 dollar travel fund to these tickets my ANYTIME JUST NOW BECAME NONREFUNDABLE. UGH So what a mess. I totally screwed myself. Those travel funds i used....were to be used by feb. 9th of 09. So now my credit of 35 has to be used by then. So I will apply those to my other one way ticket but then that makes that ticket NON REFUNDABLE or if they go down in price in the next few weeks my credits will all be for Feb. 9th I guess. I will have to ask them to give me the extension with a travel voucher so I can use it next summer. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

There only seems to be FOUR flights opening up for my dates, nothing else is being loaded in. I am thinking they are cutting back? Also the times are much different to what is available now. I have to connect, there are no non-stops from Seattle, and I knew that, but usually it comes up as total travel time 7:55 and now its coming up at 9 hours! Thats the lowest travel time. I guess we are going to be enjoying the chicago airport for a couple hours :(

Oh, I really hope these fares drop. I really don't want to have to drive.. or.. dare I even say it- not go at all :(

My flights I wanted were $199. But thankfully, we can be flexible. I played around with the dates from BWI to MCO on 11/24 for $128. Not great but not as bad.
Our return flight, I played around and came up with a diamond in the rough. One flight coming home for $78!!! All the other flights that day were $148.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter