Tomorrow SWA opens up Nov. fares.....what time do you think???

I don't think anything will happen for the next hour, so I'm going for a walk with my neighbor before it gets too hot.

I'm bracing myself for disppointment regarding the SW prices. It seems like they're high when they first come out and then we all hope for a sale.

I'm bracing myself for disppointment regarding the SW prices. It seems like they're high when they first come out and then we all hope for a sale.

Ikwym. I keep trying to hold a price in my head I'm willing to spend up to! I'm praying for $99 fares and hoping for something under $120. Any higher than that and I'm forced to wait...and worry.

Regarding 1-way vs. rnd trip. Last year after we booked rnd trip we found another flight at the same fare (finally discounted) we wanted to change to. I simply went to travel tools, it brought up my itinerary and I said I wanted to change the flight flying TO MCO. It let me make that change and kept my return trip w/out having me rebook the whole thing. I was shocked when it happened as previous yrs, if you were rebooking the way TO (or FROM) you had to rebook the entire Rnd trip and often the other leg was no longer a bargain so you just missed out. This was different, and unexpected. Anyone else have this experience???

Hi - I was just popping in on the transportation board because I knew you all would know the status of SW! So - I'm waiting too.

While you're all waiting - anyone want to educate me on why I should book two one-ways instead of round trips? I've always booked the round trips...

Hi we are witing for Thanksgiving week also Nov 25 thru Dec 7th. I am so nervous all of the other airfare posted is so high. I have never paid that much before. I usually hope for under 100 but now I am hoping for under 150 each way.

Hi - I was just popping in on the transportation board because I knew you all would know the status of SW! So - I'm waiting too.

While you're all waiting - anyone want to educate me on why I should book two one-ways instead of round trips? I've always booked the round trips...

as have i...

Hi we are witing for Thanksgiving week also Nov 25 thru Dec 7th. I am so nervous all of the other airfare posted is so high. I have never paid that much before. I usually hope for under 100 but now I am hoping for under 150 each way.

No need to worry. Those fares posted NOW were not that expensive when they came out. SW always has great internet fares- I'm expecting to pay no more than $99 each way from Columbus to Orlando. :banana:

I think you're being realistic. People hoping for fares under $100 may be disappointed.

It doesn't really make any sense for SW to deeply discount fares until they determine how many passengers are willing to book at higher, profitable fares. Passengers that might normally book other airlines, such as Delta, may be willing to pay higher prices then DIS.

I need the same education on one way verses round trip fares. :confused3 Why oh Why should I book one way as opposed to round trip. Can anyone help us????

So I have to buy 10 tickets? Should I break it up into two ressies of 5 each? I am going to have two computer screens going at once. This is just crazy!!!

Booking one way tickets makes it a lot easier to switch to a DING fare, which might only be available for one leg of your trip.

Some posters think this is a lottery, with the early people being able to book a small number of great fares. It make no sense for SW to operate that way. I'd expect initial fares to be somewhat high, particularly for peak flight times. SW can always discount later.

Quick question: if I end up getting a better price on a flight I've already booked, the difference is in the form of a SW credit, right? How long to I have before that credit expires? A year?

Booking one way tickets makes it a lot easier to switch to a DING fare, which might only be available for one leg of your trip.

Some posters think this is a lottery, with the early people being able to book a small number of great fares. It make no sense for SW to operate that way. I'd expect initial fares to be somewhat high, particularly for peak flight times. SW can always discount later.

Your concept is right on...but the unfortunate wild card is the price of oil..we have no idea the effect it's gonna have on Southwest short term..they have held relatively fast with prices of flights and havent charged for bags..yet.

Anything that used to happen as far as the price of flights, may not in the future...it's a guessing game...playing the odds.

BTW...has anyone else noticed that the flight times have gotten longer???

I guess the planes are flying slower to save gas...I can deal with that..

Quick question: if I end up getting a better price on a flight I've already booked, the difference is in the form of a SW credit, right? How long to I have before that credit expires? A year?

Yup. A year from when you originally booked the reservation.

Yes, one year from the date of the original booking, not the date you cancel and rebook. Also, if you book using credit and have to add more money, everything expires at the same time.........the original booking date of the credit.

When we originally planned to go during free dining, we booked when SW first released their flights (as in- the first two minutes they were available with that code that Ding released). The flights were $71ish each way. They've only gone up since then for those same dates (they actually started going up in price about 30 minutes after we booked!). So.. sometimes I think it pays to book right away and then just keep an eye on them.
But I bet you're right in regards to peak times. Those are probably the exception, unfortunately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter