Tony Toon does DDP

Teppan Edo is more about the experience, all depends on interaction with chef and other guests, food isn't bad, could just do with slighly larger portions and a better dessert choice.

Love the photos I've not eaten at Pinocchio haus before but really like the look of the chicken flat bread so will have to try it on our next trip xx

Shame that Teppan Edo was not great. I do think it would be good it they stepped up the sauces for the stir fry :)

Shame that Teppan Edo was not great. I do think it would be good it they stepped up the sauces for the stir fry :)

That is a great suggestion.

Mrs TT & TT - sorry Teppan Edo wasn't a fulfilling experience for you... this is one of the reasons why we do it for lunch and this way we know we'll have room for snacks later as well as dinner LOL

Teppan Edo is more about the experience, all depends on interaction with chef and other guests, food isn't bad, could just do with slighly larger portions and a better dessert choice.

Definitely agree. More food and dessert choice. :)

Again agree totally. We were disappointed in the sauces. I really fancied the ginger one and thought it would be quite sweet with a bit of bite to it. Just seemed salty to me :sad2:

Mrs TT & TT - sorry Teppan Edo wasn't a fulfilling experience for you... this is one of the reasons why we do it for lunch and this way we know we'll have room for snacks later as well as dinner LOL

Great idea about doing this for lunch. Plenty of time to fill up on snacks and meals later on :lmao: Actually one of the couples we shared a table with were celebrating their 34th wedding anniversary. He jumped ship before the end of the meal to head to France for a better choice of dessert. His wife reckoned a Napoleon would probably be his selection. ;) Two minutes later the waiter appeared with a piece of chocolate ginger cake and a candle for their celebration.

Mrs TT

Ooh I spy with my little eye a new cupcake at Starring Rolls :magnify:
I haven't seen the carrot cake cupcake there before - was it good?

Ooh I spy with my little eye a new cupcake at Starring Rolls :magnify:
I haven't seen the carrot cake cupcake there before - was it good?

It was really yummy. :thumbsup2 A lovely moist carrot cupcake with nuts and juicy plump raisins, topped with cream cheese frosting and lots of lovely pecans. I can thoroughly recommend! Seen them a few places since.

Mrs TT

It was really yummy. :thumbsup2 A lovely moist carrot cupcake with nuts and juicy plump raisins, topped with cream cheese frosting and lots of lovely pecans. I can thoroughly recommend! Seen them a few places since.

Mrs TT

Mmm, sounds yummy :thumbsup2

Sunday 15th July

Went to Epcot this morning for some Soarin', Ellen's Energy Adventure and Spaceship Earth. We also caught the end of a set from a young a cappella group over beside Test Track (which is closed of course at the moment). Their set was all car based (Michael Jackson Ease On Down the Road, Carwash and then one I didn't know but they said was an old Dinah Shore song that had featured on Glee recently and mentioned chevrolet). Think they must be on trial at the moment as they're not on the times sheet. Strawberry shortcake again at Sunshine Seasons then a set from Voices of Liberty including a lovely arrangement of Drink to Me Only which was new to us. Caught a Friendship Boat back over the Lagoon and had planned on lunch at Sunshine Seasons but timed our arrival badly. The same time as 5 Brazilian Tour parties :confused3. Quick change of plan. Headed down to Wolfgang Puck for some meatloaf again at DTD. Heavy rain started just as we arrived and continued for most of the afternoon.

DSCN3082.jpg

Once the rain recedes our ADR this evening is for Via Napoli. We decide to take the last Friendship Boat to Germany. The captain (who I have to say looked very young) decided that Tony is a doppelgänger for the American wrestler Ric Flair! :rotfl2: Unfortunately the meal is very average. Not a great choice of entrees on the menu and we both pick the chicken parmigiana. OK - just not very exciting.

DSCN3088.jpg

Dessert was much better. I had the tiramisu (lovely)

DSCN3090.jpg

and Tony had the Italian equivalent of profiteroles. Also v good.

DSCN3089.jpg

DD had eaten here the week it opened and had really enjoyed her meal. Think they must have been trying really hard to impress at that point.

We feel the standard of dining in the hotels is soooooo good that it spoils you a little for the parks. Although we really liked Chefs de France last year (tomorrow's ADR) we're seriously considering cancelling and seeing if we can book The Wave again.

Mrs TT

We had Via Napoli on our itinery to start but removed it, glad we did:thumbsup2
Hope thats the end of the rain, in 24 hours we will be on our way to the airport, I have seen enough rain here to last me all year. I want sunshine:beach:

Love this TR I'm really shocked people find Teppan Edo to not be enough DH is a big eater and he had to unbutton his shorts when we left lol!

We had Via Napoli on our itinery to start but removed it, glad we did:thumbsup2
Hope thats the end of the rain, in 24 hours we will be on our way to the airport, I have seen enough rain here to last me all year. I want sunshine:beach:

Have a wonderful trip Wayne!

Via Napoli - sorry your meal was average. I have found that out of all my contacts and friends those that had the pizza for an entree loved this place and those that had anything else on the menu were disappointed and I have to concur, I love the pizzas (so I like to go for lunch) but the rest of the entrees are not really nice and I've had better pasta at The Olive Garden... actually I've had better pasta from Marks and Spencer ready meal range! I do love their pizzas though and OMG TT and Mrs TT those "Zeppole di Ricotta" deep fried ricotta balls ... yummy scrummy in my tummy... I cannot wait to take the DH there for his first visit in September :)

Enjoying your report. :)

Via Napoli - sorry your meal was average. I have found that out of all my contacts and friends those that had the pizza for an entree loved this place and those that had anything else on the menu were disappointed and I have to concur, I love the pizzas (so I like to go for lunch) but the rest of the entrees are not really nice and I've had better pasta at The Olive Garden... actually I've had better pasta from Marks and Spencer ready meal range! I do love their pizzas though and OMG TT and Mrs TT those "Zeppole di Ricotta" deep fried ricotta balls ... yummy scrummy in my tummy... I cannot wait to take the DH there for his first visit in September :)

I have to concur that Via Napoli's pizzas are excellent! :thumbsup2

Fantasia Sam said:

We have an ADR for Via Napoli, it'll be our first time. Im quite a picky eater so will only have pizza. I've heard good things about the pizzas :)

Glad we dropped it if they only do good pizza. I don't mind a slice of pizza for take away but for a meal in a restaurant, not for me.:goodvibes

DBF will eat anything, I may branch out and try something new :) Believe it or not we've never had a sit down meal at WDW, we just usually 'grab and go', it works for us but I'm looking forward to a few sit down meals this year :goodvibes I've really enjoyed your updates Mrs TT :)

Gosh, I have been a bit slow in posting! Sorry :rotfl:

Here goes - a bit at a time I think.

Monday 16th July.

We change our ADR for the evening from Chefs de France to The Wave again and head out for another trip to MK this morning. I pick up a FP for Splash at 12 and wander round to Haunted Mansion for another trip on the Doom Buggies. We hit the bakery on Main Street just after 11 but the offerings are still very much of the breakfast variety so we decide to come back a little later. I've been looking forward to the Ice Cream Cookie sandwich for a while (Tony has to help me finish it mind you :rotfl2:) and Tony decided on the Peanut Butter Gourmet Cupcake - just the sort of bakery offering that he loves :thumbsup2

DSCN3091.jpg

I've had a notion to do Winnie the Pooh again (we didn't do it last year) as the new queue is supposed to be lovely so on our way to Splash, pick up a FP. We also get a surprise FP for Mickey's Philharmagic. En route to Splash we listen to the Main Street Philharmonic just outside The Hall of the Presidents and escape from Splash with minor dampness. Although you bypass much of the queue using FP at Pooh, you still get a good view of what is on offer. There are lots of games and interactive activities for young ones to try. Ours would have loved it when they were younger. Mickey's Philharmagic is a full house and we only just escape being Brazillianed (thanks london75) thanks to our FP.

Time for lunch and we share a burrito at the Tortuga Inn followed by the cookies and cream ice cream.

DSCN3093-1.jpg

Back at OKW we head out to the quiet pool at Turtle Shack and get settled down 2 minutes before an enormous thunder storm hits. We head for an umbrella to shelter under in the hope it passes however we soon realise we will have to admit defeat and head back to the room.

It's still a little damp as we arrive the the Contemporary for our ADR. We had really enjoyed our meal at The Wave at the start of our holiday and were not to be disappointed this evening. We both decide on the Grilled Beef Tenderloin with potatoes and Summer Ratatouille.

DSCN3094.jpg

We couldn't resist the Creamy Indulgence we had the last time. Glorious once more!

Final ADR of the holiday tomorrow at our favourite meal from last year - Yachtsman's.

Mrs TT

The Wave is one of our must dos next trip, not done it yet!
Yachtsmans is our favourite restaurant, along side Californian Grill
Looking forward to the review:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter