• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Tony Toon does DDP

I just hate to see good chocolate go to waste.:confused3

Anyway, dearest daughter, have you cut my grass yet?:wave2:

I just hate to see good chocolate go to waste.:confused3

A man after my own heart :) Loving the updates, we are at Windsor Hills in December so I am looking forward to your offsite reviews. We tried the Alehouse a couple of years ago but I think a few new ones are now in the same area.

Sunday 22nd July

Last year when we were reading some restaurant reviews the Sunday Brunch at Crave (restaurant near Mall at Millenia) came very highly recommended so we decide to combine some shopping with a new eatery. Should have checked the opening times of the shops on a Sunday as our arrival just after 10am is an hour before shop opening time :confused3 but luckily Crave are awaiting our arrival at this early hour. :) We are the first diners of the day. The all-you-can-eat breakfast brunch is $19.99 and includes unlimited OJ, mimosas and champagne. The selection of food looks wonderful and we make sure we eat (and drink) our money's worth. As the morning progresses it becomes clear that the Sunday Brunch is a favourite meeting places for local families and we are surrounded by delightful groups encompassing several generations. Very enjoyable with excellent service from our server, Gavin.

A selection of fruit.

DSCN3126.jpg

Mimosa time!

DSCN3127.jpg

DSCN3128.jpg

Bacon, sausage, cheesy scrambled egg, hash browns and divine creamy smoked salmon pasta with peas. There were also other offerings we didn't take pictures of and I'm sorry to say I can't remember now what they were.

DSCN3129.jpg

DSCN3130.jpg

Freshly carved baked ham with honey and brandy sauce, french toast with maple syrup and fruit.

DSCN3131.jpg

Selection of cakes and pastries.

DSCN3134.jpg

There were also bowls of healthy free salad stuff and dressings but we passed on these.:lmao:

Time for some retail therapy. :thumbsup2 I finally purchase a Kindle Touch with wifi and 3G from Best Buys for $149.99 plus $15 for a world wide 2 year warranty. Unlike Apple, Amazon's warranty applies only in the country of purchase.

Across in Mall at Millennia we buy some things for DD and DS as well as some cute dresses for our new great niece. We stop for a cool drink in Panera Bread and leave just as the rain starts. I'm still pretty full after brunch (amateur!) and although Tony would like to head to Logan's he agrees to something a little lighter in the villa.

Mrs TT

Oh your brunch looks delicious. I've never heard of Crave but will check out the reviews
Sounds like you got a good deal on your kindle :)

Great trip :thumbsup2 The food pics are not helping my diet though, the desserts you have had look soooo amazing!! :eek:

That brunch looks amazing - I would struggle with the 'eye to big for belly' and eat way too much!

....... by the bye, On our visits to Super Target for supplies, we are being asked for Photo ID before purchasing a bottle of wine, the first time ever on all our visits to Florida, to prove we are over 21. As a bus pass holder I find it rather funny but with a queue waiting, the checkout operator has looked rather embarrassed at having to follow this over rigid and time consuming policy which further requires a supervisor's witness. :confused3

Just a heads up ...

Tony Toon said:
....... by the bye, On our visits to Super Target for supplies, we are being asked for Photo ID before purchasing a bottle of wine, the first time ever on all our visits to Florida, to prove we are over 21. As a bus pass holder I find it rather funny but with a queue waiting, the checkout operator has looked rather embarrassed at having to follow this over rigid and time consuming policy which further requires a supervisor's witness. :confused3

Just a heads up ...

As a 50 year old I found that a strange request at Walmart too :)

Just a heads up ...

They didn't ask me yesterday when I bought some beer.:confused3

I have found though for the first time Walmart now do chip and pin instead of swipe and sign, I have tried swiping both visits to be told I have to use chip now.

Teach me to type quickly in shorthand :blush:

I've got no room to talk when it comes to food consumption. I'll rephrase that you are still fitting lots of park time into your hols 2 plus weeks into your trip!

Keep the food pics coming please :)

:rotfl2:That was soooo funny!

I thought you were being a bit on the cheeky side!

Just a heads up ...

believe its a company policy to id everyone at targets.
Paul

I have found though for the first time Walmart now do chip and pin instead of swipe and sign, I have tried swiping both visits to be told I have to use chip now.

We've been to 2 different Walmarts several times now and have never been asked to chip and pin. Just as well! Don't have the pin numbers with me! :scared1:

Mrs TT

We've been to 2 different Walmarts several times now and have never been asked to chip and pin. Just as well! Don't have the pin numbers with me! :scared1:

Mrs TT

Both times were at the Walmart on Turkey Lake Rd. I tried swiping both times and twice got declined, they told me my card (PO) will only work with chip & PIN there now.

Monday 23rd July

We need to take things easy today after our heavy day's shopping yesterday so breakfast at the villa and then lying by the pool are on the cards. Also gives me a chance to road test my new Kindle. :good vibes

The rain sets in earlier than we had hoped but we decide to stick to our original plan and make our way to Epcot after lunch in the hope it settles down. It doesn't and we leave at about 5pm after being reduced to wearing ponchos for the first time this holiday. At least the rain here is warm! We did manage to catch Voices of Liberty a couple of times sandwiching a trip to France for a Napoloen and coffee in the patisserie. ;)

I had received a $5 voucher for Macaroni Grill and we decide to head down the 192 for this evening's meal. Their offer at the moment is $14 for 2 courses, appetiser or dessert and an entree. We opt for the appetiser and choose the bruschetta and the zucchini - both delicious as was the bread with olive oil and black pepper.

DSCN3137.jpg

Great minds think alike and we both choose the Pasta Milano. OK, but not nearly as good as our first courses.

DSCN3138.jpg

The bill (including wine) came to $39 less the $5 coupon so was a grand total of $36.38 exc tip.

Another trip to Walmart before we return to the villa.

Mrs TT

Tuesday 24th July (MR TT)

The rain has stopped so we opt for a lazy morning by the pool and lunch in the villa. We have decided to go into MK for the afternoon but while eating become aware of the rain having started again. :( The forecast is encouraging though and we leave expecting the rain to stop shortly. In fact by the time we arrive in the MK parking lot the rain has just stopped, the sun is out ..... and the humidity turns me into a wet rag in minutes. The parade has been delayed because of the rain and is now underway, arriving at the Town Square just in time for our arrival - how thoughtful of them ;) and because of the thinned out crowds we have a perfect spot for photos. After meandering down Main Street we hear a set from the Dapper Dans, the barbershop quartet vocalists before deciding - it's 3.50 - a visit to the Bakery;) is called for.

Cinnamon Roll shared with Liz

DSCN3160.jpg

Afterwards we pick up a FP for Buzz and make a long overdue return to Carousel of Progress, frankly a good excuse for a nap as I remember. I fight off the urge to close my eyes ::yes::before experiencing what might be considered the ultimate nightmare, being stuck in the fourth room with the programme repeating without moving on to it's conclusion. Decision to be made - do I succumb and close my eyes till they let us out or should we try to find an escape rout? We settle on the latter and I lead the theatre out through an exit door stuck in the corner. Goodness knows what the CM outside at the end thought when he discovered that the crowd of people he had loaded on had all disappeared. :faint: There is time for a circuit on the people mover before our Buzz FP return. Buzz turns out to be a personal triumph for yours truly with a personal best score of 934,900 pts :woohoo: We haven't "cruised" on the Liberty Belle for years and now we have the opportunity without the "kids", before heading home and making a decision on where to eat this evening.
We decide on the new Texas Roadhouse, west of Formosa Gardens - a decision we didn't regret with perfectly prepared steaks. Not quite the steaks we had had at Yachtsmans Steakhouse 7 days earlier but excellent nevertheless and a fifth of the price!

DSCN3173.jpg

apologies for the chilli cup photo - I forgot until it was half finished.
DSCN3175.jpg

Sirloin covered in mushrooms and onions with sides of Cheesy bacon mash and buttered corn
DSCN3177.jpg

Total cost $34.83 which included a beer (elbow physio)
Another good day particularly in MK when we took the opportunity to do a few things we haven't been able to for a while.

TT

DSCN3173.jpg

apologies for the chilli cup photo - I forgot until it was half finished.
DSCN3175.jpg

Sirloin covered in mushrooms and onions with sides of Cheesy bacon mash and buttered corn
DSCN3177.jpg

Total cost $34.83 which included a beer (elbow physio)
Another good day particularly in MK when we took the opportunity to do a few things we haven't been able to for a while.

TT[/QUOTE]

That cheesy mash looks gorgeous :)

We are looking forward to trying the Texas Roadhouse, it was due to open just after our last stay at Easter :goodvibes

But I have a really pressing question....

How do you both stay so bloomin slim whilst eating all this gorgeous grub? ;):goodvibes:lmao:

Ali :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter