Tony's let me down

I know, and that wasn’t against you personally. I was responding to the common sentiment that I read.

I just thinks it’s sad is all. I don’t want to pay thousands of dollars for mediocrity, and that is what I honestly got on our last trip. Over and over. And it wasn’t just the food and service at restaurants, but a lot of it was.
I’ve been reading that more and more lately. We might take a break from dw next year, haven’t decided yet.

While I know reviews are subjective and many of us have friendly disagreements about different restaurants but there is one thing I have noticed from trips and a couple of friends who have been. You can walk get and ADR for Tony's oretty much all the time. I think they get away with the food because when people who don't plan get hungry and go to guest services (I am talking mainly about one and dones), guest services will send them to Tony's. When you can fill a restaurant without trying, they have no reason to really try.

We did not think Tony’s was horrible two years ago when we went. But we went in with low expectations too. But it was the second worst meal we had a DW. First place going to Rainforest Cafe.

Actually Rainforest Cafe was the only place that I was upset with out of all the restaurants we ate at that week. They seriously don’t try there. Tony’s was decent, but it was really expensive for what it was. But it wasn’t memorable enough and thus we didn’t make another reservation for this coming March.

Add us to those who had lousy service and underwhelming food at Tonys. It is hard to mess up Italian food. I just do not understand why they cannot turn this restaurant around.
The location is prime. Put decent food and service here and the line should be down Main St for people waiting to get in. A good sauce and basic menu would get me back in the door.

In spite of things I read here, I did book Tony's once just because I love Lady & the Tramp. We lucked out, though - our meal was fine (not gourmet, but I didn't expect that) and our server was really nice.

I didn't realize they didn't have their own kitchen. - Where does the food come from?

There are countless Italian restaurants where I live that basically serve pasta dishes and thin sliced veal or chicken with a choice of preparation such as Marsala, Francese, Parmagiana, piccata, etc.

Where the ingredients are high quality, these are very good places. They don’t take a ton of culinary skill to prepare. I don’t know why Disney try a format like that in a place like Tony’s.

When we went to WDW in 2010, we went to Tony's because the menu had something that all 6 of the kids in our party would eat. It was fine and we enjoyed it. However, since then I have read SO MANY bad reviews, that this is one of the few restaurants that I would not go to. And we like Chef Mickey's. LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter