Top of the World Lounge at Bay Lake Tower at Contemporary Resort - *2 New Parties Added! “Enchantment at the Top” & New “Bound to Be Bad” Dates Added

The $600 price point is no doubt for the California Grill event for NYE, which is a very elegant affair with a superb dinner buffet, craft cocktail bar, table service for other drinks, entertainment, fine champagne, caviar, character photos with Mickey and Minnie, etc. I went last year and thought it was incredible. I have pre-booked it for this year and don’t recall the exact price but it is more than $700/person. Yes, a major, major splurge to be sure, but it was a wow. I have been looking forward to it all year and am bringing some special friends along.

And, no, I am not getting a commission but perhaps I should…
Hi pirate33! You’re the first person I’ve seen on here who did the California Grill NYE event last year. We splurged and booked it for this year. It looks like it starts at 7pm, which seems like a long time to hang out before midnight. Did you think there was enough to do to keep occupied, or better to arrive later?

"Bound To Be Bad" Is The Latest Ticketed Event Planned For Top Of The World Lounge

Disney Vacation Club members now have three special events to choose from at Top of the World Lounge - a Villain's Lair as a new party will be offered on select nights in December 2022 and January 2023.

"Bound to be Bad" is the latest lounge exclusive, adding villain cosplay to a dessert buffet and open bar. Scheduled for Wednesday nights from December 7, 2022 through January 25, 2023, the event promises "villain superfans deviously decked out in devilish dress" along with unlimited sweets and drinks. Reserved seating for the night's Magic Kingdom fireworks display is also provided.

The party is priced at $139 per person plus tax. In order to attend, members must qualify for Membership Extras and be using their membership to stay at a Disney owned-and-operated resort at Walt Disney World.

Check in begins 2 hours prior to the night's scheduled fireworks. Fireworks are not a guaranteed part of the experience, and are always subject to cancellation due to inclement weather or other factors.

Heading to WDW in February so I just want to make sure I’m getting this right… there are 4 ways to go to the Top of the World (none of which seem guaranteed past January)

1) just show up, cross your fingers and hope you can get in.

2) Wicked Wine Down - any day that the next two events aren’t taking place. $55 dollars and it’s an app and cocktail per person. Reserved table for fireworks?

3) Enchantment at the Top - most Fridays. $89 per person includes open bar and dessert party. Table for fireworks?

4) Bound to be Bad - most Wednesdays. $139 per person includes open bar, dessert party and you can dress up in cosplay. (Half hour longer than the enchantment)

Am I getting this right? I was thrown off by the Bound to be Bad… I didn’t see much of a difference between the Enchantment. Do we think it’s really realistic to get in there without prepaying for one of these events now?

Heading to WDW in February so I just want to make sure I’m getting this right… there are 4 ways to go to the Top of the World (none of which seem guaranteed past January)

2) Wicked Wine Down - any day that the next two events aren’t taking place. $55 dollars and it’s an app and cocktail per person. Reserved table for fireworks?

3) Enchantment at the Top - most Fridays. $89 per person includes open bar and dessert party. Table for fireworks?

4) Bound to be Bad - most Wednesdays. $139 per person includes open bar, dessert party and you can dress up in cosplay. (Half hour longer than the enchantment)

Am I getting this right? I was thrown off by the Bound to be Bad… I didn’t see much of a difference between the Enchantment. Do we think it’s really realistic to get in there without prepaying for one of these events now?
We did option 2 on Monday. It was packed. Wicked Wind Down had a separate reserved area to the left (closer to Contemporary) for fireworks. You could sit but standing room was perfect for us. There were people waiting to come in but I believe they were kept to the other side for viewing.

We did option 2 on Monday. It was packed. Wicked Wind Down had a separate reserved area to the left (closer to Contemporary) for fireworks. You could sit but standing room was perfect for us. There were people waiting to come in but I believe they were kept to the other side for viewing.

Npatelle do you feel it was worth the money? Or was it too packed to enjoy?
Do they play the fireworks music from magic kingdom, or is it just watching the fireworks?

Last edited:

npatellye do you think it w

Npatelle do you feel it was worth the money? Or was it too packed to enjoy?
Do they play the fireworks music from magic kingdom, or is it just watching the fireworks?
We went outside to watch the fireworks and could hear the music clearly. It was not packed at all in the viewing area. The inside tables were mostly full before the fireworks but we got our food early enough that we were finished before the fireworks started so we only had the cake to eat after. It was worth it for us for the fireworks views but, with two kids under 10, it wasn’t a great value in terms of food and drink for them. I will say the tomato flatbread was huge (big enough to share) and very filling.

Last edited:
We did this party last night. It felt exclusive since they have very few tables in there.

I had a glass of champagne on arrival and one cosmopolitan. They had good small bite size deserts which were tasty.

Then a private area outside for fireworks.

I had my kids 14 and 4 so definitely not a good value because of the alcohol. The kids only drink water lol.

Has anyone done #1 recently?

We did the Wicked wind-down in October and felt it was worth the price - rec'd an app that was big enough for dinner ( sliders) and a very nice cocktail; had our dessert ( cake) boxed up to take because we were full ( it was large slice of cake!). Gratuity is included ( we left a little extra due to excellent service). We had seats right by the window, but in order to see the fireworks, you really need to go outside to the reserved area which does not have convenient seating ( there are some benches that are back a ways, not sure if you can see the fireworks from them).

For the two of us, it was almost romantic - having a fancy cocktail while watching the fireworks in an almost-uncrowded area.

I probably won't do it again until different fireworks start- I'm over enchantment.....

We did Wicked Wind Down on Monday. It was a nice experience, I felt like it was a good value (we drink and have no children) and I would absolutely do it again!

We arrived about an hour before fireworks to check in. We were early, so we played a game of pool outside at BLT while we waited for our table to be ready. After about 10min we got a text that we could check in so we took the elevator upstairs. We were seated at some comfortable chairs next to the window. We had our appetizers and cocktails before fireworks (you also could have everything after if you so choose) and then went outside about 5min prior to fireworks to the reserved viewing area to watch the show. There were probably no more than 25 people in the very large sectioned off area (to left) so everyone had plenty of space and it was relaxing. We all stood along the barrier. The sound quality was very good. After fireworks we came back inside and had our cake, which we had packaged to go so we could enjoy most of it later.

The service was great, the lounge was very pretty, and overall it was a nice experience!

We did this party last night. It felt exclusive since they have very few tables in there.

I had a glass of champagne on arrival and one cosmopolitan. They had good small bite size deserts which were tasty.

Then a private area outside for fireworks.

I had my kids 14 and 4 so definitely not a good value because of the alcohol. The kids only drink water lol.
Is 14 considered an adult for this? Or is it adult is 18+ or 21+ ... seems like there should be a price difference between alcohol and no alcohol

Enchantment at the Top Dessert Party is $89.00 per adult, plus tax and $49.00 per child, plus tax.

We're down here now. We went up on Tuesday evening. The line started forming for check in before 5:30. We didn't stay for fireworks because we had little ones with us and the fireworks were late.

It was a wonderful experience. Their freezer was broken so they didn't have the sherbet for the kids' mock tail, but they went to the contemporary to get some! The food and the drinks were delicious and the lounge was beautiful. And just being there with the little seating there was and the check in process, made it feel really exclusive and special to us.

Just got a call from DVC member services. Bound to be Bad not happening on Wednesday December 21. Reservation cancelled. Could either move to another date or get full refund. Unfortunately not there for the next one... so full refund. Told "unforeseen circumstances."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter