Tracey & Neil's UK Fairytale Wedding * A TON OF UPDATES PG 7*

from what Librarygeek says Bahama Breeze sounds cool - i'm going to go and have a look at their menu and get excited for you he he

I hope yoru making up one of those rehearsal boquets - i'd love to do one of those for myself .... maybe I will for my hen weekend he he

I like the atmosphere and we'll have our own patio which will be nice. It's just the food. The weird this is, I love seafood, but this is more caribbean. But I really shouldn't complain...the one thing I like on the menu is one of the three things we chose for entrees, so I'll be fine...just sulky cuz I wanted Disney :)

And my matron of honor is making me one of those boquets! She kept everything from my personal bridal shower and then I have my work one next Tuesday so she's going to do it after that. I can't wait to see it!

And you can totally have one for your weekend! In fact, I think you should definitely do it...it would be great!

I like the atmosphere and we'll have our own patio which will be nice. It's just the food. The weird this is, I love seafood, but this is more caribbean. But I really shouldn't complain...the one thing I like on the menu is one of the three things we chose for entrees, so I'll be fine...just sulky cuz I wanted Disney :)

And my matron of honor is making me one of those boquets! She kept everything from my personal bridal shower and then I have my work one next Tuesday so she's going to do it after that. I can't wait to see it!

And you can totally have one for your weekend! In fact, I think you should definitely do it...it would be great!

What's the one thing that you do like on the menu? Just curious :)

And what is the bouquet that you are talking about? It sounds like it's not a typical bouquet... can you explain what it is?

What's the one thing that you do like on the menu? Just curious :)

And what is the bouquet that you are talking about? It sounds like it's not a typical bouquet... can you explain what it is?

It's actually a chicken dish...the jerk chicken pasta. I was afraid it would be too spicy, since I don't like spice at all, but it wasn't!

And the bouquet is made out of ribbons and bows from presents from the bridal shower. You take a paper plate and the poke a whole through the middle. Then you can put ribbons through the whole to make like a "stem" to hold to bouquet and put all the bows and ribbons on the plate. I'll have my matron of honor take a picture when mine is done and post it on my PJ

here's a picture of one I found

238959414_b6b39e8514_o.preview.jpg

and a link

http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/good-things/rehearsal-bouquet

It's actually a chicken dish...the jerk chicken pasta. I was afraid it would be too spicy, since I don't like spice at all, but it wasn't!

And the bouquet is made out of ribbons and bows from presents from the bridal shower. You take a paper plate and the poke a whole through the middle. Then you can put ribbons through the whole to make like a "stem" to hold to bouquet and put all the bows and ribbons on the plate. I'll have my matron of honor take a picture when mine is done and post it on my PJ

here's a picture of one I found

238959414_b6b39e8514_o.preview.jpg

and a link

http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/good-things/rehearsal-bouquet

Oh wow, that is so cute... I love it! What a great idea!

My weekend was a complete waste of time!!

We didn't have the greatest spa weekend - wont go into detail - and then sunday we were meant to pick our wedding rings .......

but i've found that my e-ring isn't just a normal style - it pokes out at the sides so I have to get a w-ring that has a shape to it so it doesnt rub against the e-ring and wear one of them away (I know i'm talking 5 years or so down teh line, but I dont want to have to worry full stop!)

There were two that I liked - one a band with a row of diamonds round it and the other had 2 thin bands which crossed over. The band will have to be chooped on one side to fit with my e-ring and the crossover one touched a fraction, but it touched on the diamond mounted part and i'll be scared over time I will lose a diamond or two. I just dont know what to do.

Neil also didnt order his because the demo ring they had was titanium and rose gold, so he couldnt see an example of titanuim and yellow gold like he wants, and he's reluctant to order it without seeing it first.

:confused::confused:

So we walked away from the shop a little downhearted to be honest???

AND, i wanted to get photos of all teh bits I have so far to put on here and never got it done:sad2:

BUT, on the plus side, i'm looking forward to wednesday because were popping into our venue to have a more private look around - i'm very excited as I wont have looked at it since the open day when we missed quite a bit out :yay:

I was looking through the net earlier at rings and found two that were very similar to the ones i was trying on yesterday (the actual ones are not on the jewellers website so cant show you exactly), and I thought i'd get the opinions of you ladies ....

Here is the band - except the edges werent so sharp - they were rounded off slightly
D31923-1AlbaRose1000.jpg

and this is the crossover one (except the crossover where the diamonds are wasn't encased in gold, you could just see the clasps - I actually prefer this one!)
CrossOverfromErnestJones450.jpg

Honest opinions/thoughts very much appreciated ... this is like my engagement ring (3 stones across the top)
three-stone-engagement-rings.jpg

Is everyone scared to give opinions on something so important as rings:rotfl2:

We went for a site visit yesterday, we missed lots on the open day .... and we love it even more now. We kept saying "we've definitely chosen the right venue" and smiling at each other:thumbsup2

We got to see the whole place at our leisure with only another two couples who were there choosing their menus, so we walked around undisturbed and had a good chance to look at EVERYTHING (we will go through questions at our planning meeting)

I did get lots of pictures but havent had chance to upload them yet. However, I did get a photo on my phone when we came out the house and were greeted by these little guys .....
ducks.jpg

Just from the pictures, I like the second ring better too! Though I'm not sure what would be best for the situation you described, with the shape of your ring... but just from how it looks I liked the second one!

So glad that you like your reception venue so much. That's a good feeling :woohoo:

I like the second one as well!!
And those ducks...I think I would run the other way if I saw them...haha! I really don't like them...

Im actually shocked that everyone has picked the 2nd ring so far - I don't know why but thought everyone would go with a traditional band more.

I personally liked the band, but now i'm thinking that the 2nd may make more of an impact ... and as I liked both i'm really in two minds now:confused3

I warned you that i'd be indecisive:rotfl2:

Im going to meet with a florist on sunday, i'm thinking something like this for the bridesmaids
Caymanvows1-LOVELOVELOVEIT.jpg

Unfortunately this is from eth Cayman Islands weddings website, so we may not be able to get the EXACT same flowers???

and this for me, but i'm really not sure about the white with some stark bright colours ... what do you all think?
Caymanvows1-Whitewithbrights.jpg

I also like these
IMG_0337.jpg

Sorry the picture is bad, I refuse to buy a £5 magazine just for one picture so I took a picture of it while I was in the store:rolleyes1
IMG_0297.jpg

I wouldnt want the dark purple, i'd want something in a brighter purple but don't know what there is out there in that colour??

I lOVE this
IMG_0369.jpg

but as with the first boquet, I took the picture off the TV from a Cayman Island wedding, so we may not have those flowers available

There are lots more I have borrowed off the internet but wont bore you

Hiya and congratulations from another UK bride! :goodvibes

I absolutely LOVE that dress, its amazing. If I hadn't already picked my dress this one would be a contender!

As for the rings, I prefer the first one, though they're all pretty.

The colour combination for your flowers is beautiful, they work so well together. I'm sure your florist will be able to create an equally beautiful bouquet

happy planning! :goodvibes

Thank you ladies - the meeting went well - i've decided on white avalanche roses with a few lillies (pink and orange) for me. And bright roses, gerberars & dahlias for the bridesmaids. I had to explain and show pics of hidden mickeys as I wanted this in each one and she thought it was very cute so she's doing that in crystals.

The centre pieces are going to look amazing (well I hope they do) Its hard not knowing EXACTLY what your going to get isnt it!!!

Although she is only the first florist i've seen so I might speak to someone whos got the exact pictures of what I want - we shall see.

Ive ordered my shoes .. on discount so it doesnt matter if I change my mind - i'll wear these to go out in at any time.

Im going to bling up the platform and heel and put some sparkle on the bow.
Traceysshoes.jpg

Oh, and my other half has fallen in love with this, so it will pretty much e what we have (were going to stetch out some different patterns for each layer tho)
black-and-white-topsy-turvy-cake.jpg

That cake looks neat! Very fun! And your shoes are so cute. Can't wait to see how you bling them up!

That cake looks neat! Very fun! And your shoes are so cute. Can't wait to see how you bling them up!

Thanks - we have to decide on patterns for each layer as i'm not overly keen on that decoration, its nice, just not my kind of thing.

I really dont know what crystals to put on the shoes yet. Do I go orange, or plain crystal colours? Or there are those crystals that have a multicolour to them???? Just dont know yet???

Well, I got the shoes ... and Idont like them, so they are going back.

I think i'll scrap the idea of a bright coloured shoes for myslf and leave the bright stuff to my bridesmaids

So think i'll go with these.... I have aways loved them and they suit my dress perfectly .... I can get them dyed afterwards to wear to go out in too
benAdamsScarlettShoes.jpg

Oh - and we have decided to just get a ring made Im so worried that I will lose a diamond with any that I buy off the shelf that we've decided to get it to fit my e-ring exactly. The guy that made my e-ring is back in the UK so we can go to him
Something like this
traceys.jpg

Just booked the appointment for Neil to talk to a tailor about his suit and see if we have the money to get him his suit made (he wants a specific one he's seen in a film). Otherwise we will just hire his along with the others.

And I've decided to go with the florists I saw the other day. I know its terrible to just go with the only person you get a quote from but I feel comfortable with Sarah so why shouldnt I??? My first quote was £714 but I've made a few changes which should only push it up a few more pounds so i'm happy and that seems to be the average price friends and family have been charge for theirs. I am still slightly worried my bouquet won't turn out as big as i'd like but we will have to see. Anyone have pictures of a 24 avalanche rose bouquet against something I can judge the size against (ie, bride holding it)? I think thats how any she said she was quoting for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter