Tripods and Monopods

I have never had an issue but of course I never tried to set up a tripod on Space Mountain or Mission Space!:)

And you are likely to be mistaken for a Photopass photographer at least a few times. ;)

No problems at all, but like Bob said, be prepared for people to hand their Photopass card to you or ask if your a Photopass Photographer.

I haven't used a monopod (haven't had the need to), but have used a tripod on each of my last 3 trips to Disney at all 4 major parks.

We just did our first WDW trip with a tripod, and no hassles whatsoever. In fact, people tend to steer out of your way when they see a big lens & equipment. The exception being during fireworks - we had to play defence a few times there as people would rather beat the crowd and miss out on the last 2 minutes of Wishes, it seems!). The crisp pictures you'll get is well worth carrying the tripod with you!!

A good tip is that if it won't fit in the lockers at the park, you can check it at guest relations for free!

I had to do this at each park because mine was just big enough to not fit.

Btw, I always carry a monopod and use it for almost any photo I am serious about. Camera motion, even at shutter speeds we consider "safe", is the #1 cause of unsharpness. A monopod is hardly noticed and will never tag us as a Photopass photographer. ;) Monopods are also usually accepted at places that will not allow tripods.

I have never had an issue but of course I never tried to set up a tripod on Space Mountain or Mission Space!:)

:rotfl2: Hmmmm :scratchin

And you are likely to be mistaken for a Photopass photographer at least a few times. ;)

Yep. That's always fun. I took one couple's picture anyway one time. I told them afterward that I wasn't a Photopass photographer and got a good laugh from them.

You'll look a bit out of place with a tripod with big camera on top pointing out toward World Showcase lagoon, but you shouldn't get hassled. Get where you want to be early for fireworks so you'll have time and room to set up.

Just got a new monopod (never used one before) and want to carry it into the parks with me - it folds to 10 inches. Will I be allowed to bring it into the parks with me? :confused3 I intend to have it in my backpack.

TIA!

Just got a new monopod (never used one before) and want to carry it into the parks with me - it folds to 10 inches. Will I be allowed to bring it into the parks with me? :confused3 I intend to have it in my backpack.

TIA!

a 10 inch collapsible monopod, please? How tall is it when completely opened up? TIA

the name/model of this 10 inch collapsible monopod and where you bought it, please?

Got it from B&H - link is:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...MS10SG_Mono_Pod_10_Champagne.html#accessories

Hakuba H-MS10 Monopod & Tabletop Tripod - Champagne Gold $28.95 + shipping

Hakuba's handy H-MS10 hybrid monopod/tabletop tripods come in exciting colors and are great for travelling support for lightweight digital and film cameras. They feature a carrying strap and a telescoping leg.

Maximum Height 56.0" (142.2 cm); Folded Length 9.8" (24.9 cm); Load Capacity Not specified by manufacturer; Leg Lock Type; Twist lock Male Thread Size 1/4"-20; Weight; 1.25 lb (0.57 kg)

Got it from B&H - link is:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...MS10SG_Mono_Pod_10_Champagne.html#accessories

Hakuba H-MS10 Monopod & Tabletop Tripod - Champagne Gold $28.95 + shipping

Hakuba's handy H-MS10 hybrid monopod/tabletop tripods come in exciting colors and are great for travelling support for lightweight digital and film cameras. They feature a carrying strap and a telescoping leg.

Maximum Height 56.0" (142.2 cm); Folded Length 9.8" (24.9 cm); Load Capacity Not specified by manufacturer; Leg Lock Type; Twist lock Male Thread Size 1/4"-20; Weight; 1.25 lb (0.57 kg)

I just ordered mine; I got a blue one. Thanks again; this was a fair price, too.

Bete said:
I just ordered mine; I got a blue one. Thanks again; this was a fair price, too.

I have the blue one too and just used it a few weeks ago at WDW. It worked really well on the trails at AK and some night shots (but I did use a tripod and remote to get fireworks pics).

Has anyone ever used one of the monopods that have the three retractable feet to make it self supporting?

I was wondering if, in the interest of going compact and lightweight, one of these would provide sufficient support for longer exposures.

Could you pull off a fireworks exposure or are they too wobbly for that?

How about for other shots that might run at a 1 second exposure?

How about for some exposure bracketing for possible HDR?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter