TS credits for CS meals???

penguin087

DIS Veteran
On the Dining plan are you allowed to use TS credits for CS meals? I know this is not the best way to use the plan but I don't like the rigid schedule we'd have to be under when they are giving the plan away for free anyway. I would only want to do 2 or 3 TS meals. We like to eat when were hungry and not plan 6 months in advance.

I would only want to do 2 or 3 TS meals.
You probably would be better off without the dining plan, in that case.

You may still be better off without the free dining plan, if you're not doing a lot of TS meals. Remember, to qualify for free dining, you have to pay rack rate for your hotel room. You may be eligible for a discount, which, again, if you don't do many TS meals, may end up saving you money.

Bicker,I beg to differ. In some circumstances you would still make out under the OP's wishes.

IF you are staying at a Value Resort I am thinking that $40 would be the biggest discount, and possibly not even that much.

You would in essence be paying that $40 for the DP and if he has two in his room I cannot imagine that they would not eat at least $40 worth of food and probably a bit more since each meal would consist of an entree ($6-8+) drink ($2) and dessert ($3-4) on average times two meals and then add in a snack $3-4) for about $27 per person per day. Granted it is not a huge savings but it is still possible and you do not have to drag out cash everywhere.

If the OP found himself with time to spare and changed his /her mind they could eat at more TS and save even more.

If they have children they would make out even better as there would be more people eating on that same $40.

I can see that staying at a Moderate or Luxury resort would not give you any savings though.

That was my rationale for booking a 'free' dining plan. :thumbsup2

Slightly Goofy

I think you'd really have to do the math, if you're not going to be having more than a few TS meals.

Thanks for your help everyone. :thumbsup2 I'm really not too concerned with the "math" as much as my convenience. Just wanted to know I could use my credits for CS should I see fit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter