• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Two rooms sharing DxDP

Can a child's magicband be used to pay for TS meals? My brother and his family has the DxDP plan and I have the QS plan. I'm planning on taking my niece (age 6) with me for a TS meal while her parents have a date night. Can we use her band to pay for my TS meal along with hers?

Definitely need to ask at the resort for this one. I'm pretty sure kids can use the dining plan credits without having charging privileges, but they (or YOU) will need to know the pin that is assigned to that band.

Definitely need to ask at the resort for this one. I'm pretty sure kids can use the dining plan credits without having charging privileges, but they (or YOU) will need to know the pin that is assigned to that band.

Good point. I didn't know if you put a pin for someone if they didn't have charging privileges

Unless they change something between now and then, yes you would still be able to use your credits to pay for your friends' meals. Don't really see that going away, but using kid's credits to get adult meals has the potential for ending if Disney chooses to track those credits.
So I just got off the phone with Disney and they said you cannot do this and only the number of people in a room will be deducted from a dining bill. I’m not sure this is the practice, but it’s what they said.
So if a family of 4 gets the DDP for one night that’s 12 credits. And they are saying that if you went to dinner with 2 extra people, only 4 credits could be used.

If anyone has better knowledge please post, as I want to know the practice also.

So I just got off the phone with Disney and they said you cannot do this and only the number of people in a room will be deducted from a dining bill. I’m not sure this is the practice, but it’s what they said.
So if a family of 4 gets the DDP for one night that’s 12 credits. And they are saying that if you went to dinner with 2 extra people, only 4 credits could be used.

If anyone has better knowledge please post, as I want to know the practice also.

When I went in December I had two people in my room including myself and I had the DxDDP and my son had 4 people in his room 2 adults, 1 teen, and 1 toddler on the QSDDP. We used my credits for all TS meals and his credits for all QS meals. Unless something has changed they never asked us who was in any rooms. We scanned the band for the right room and then they took out the credits from that room. Never had a problem at all.

Sorry, but phone CMs frequently know less than people on these boards do. They are incorrect. Disney doesn't care if you use your credits to pay for someone else's meal. This has been standard practice for about four years now.

I needed to book two rooms and wanted to keep my name as lead guest on each, we are all family. I was told I could not do so, and needed to add my DD name on the other room. I am not sure why this was so, however I just did as they said I needed to do.
I just ran into the same thing. The first time I booked two rooms (2016 trip) my name was on both rooms and I only needed 1 $200 deposit. When I booked for next August, I was not able to put my name on both rooms since my daughter is now an adult. She is the name on the second room. I can still manage everything. I just linked that reservation number to my account.

I just ran into the same thing. The first time I booked two rooms (2016 trip) my name was on both rooms and I only needed 1 $200 deposit. When I booked for next August, I was not able to put my name on both rooms since my daughter is now an adult. She is the name on the second room. I can still manage everything. I just linked that reservation number to my account.

Same exact thing happened on my trip in December. I had to plan everything anyway so it was easy enough to do.

Q's? I also have two rooms booked, one with the deluxe dining and one with no dining with the plan that both rooms will share the credits. I am the lead on one reservation (me, hubby and son) booked through a travel agent, and I put my mom the lead on the other reservation booked directly with Disney for free QS dining. My daughter is in my mom's room. I upgraded the dining on my mom's room to Deluxe and no dining on my room. I hope this will work well. I'm also hoping for connecting rooms. I know it isn't guaranteed. But if I have the reservations linked, and put connecting as my request is that enough? MDE shows that my mom manages the plans for my daughter, my daughter is a minor. Does that mean I won't be able to make FP+ for my daughter through my MDE account? I manage my son on my account. If I have to go through both accounts to make FP+ that will be very time consuming. Is there a fix for this?

Q's? I also have two rooms booked, one with the deluxe dining and one with no dining with the plan that both rooms will share the credits. I am the lead on one reservation (me, hubby and son) booked through a travel agent, and I put my mom the lead on the other reservation booked directly with Disney for free QS dining. My daughter is in my mom's room. I upgraded the dining on my mom's room to Deluxe and no dining on my room. I hope this will work well. I'm also hoping for connecting rooms. I know it isn't guaranteed. But if I have the reservations linked, and put connecting as my request is that enough? MDE shows that my mom manages the plans for my daughter, my daughter is a minor. Does that mean I won't be able to make FP+ for my daughter through my MDE account? I manage my son on my account. If I have to go through both accounts to make FP+ that will be very time consuming. Is there a fix for this?

As long as your mom and daughter are listed as friends on your MDE you can make FP for them.

We did something similar in December except we had one room with a QS plan and one with DxDDP. We did all TS for dinner and a couple breakfasts (characters for GS) and then used QS for lunch. Worked great.

As long as your mom and daughter are listed as friends on your MDE you can make FP for them.

We did something similar in December except we had one room with a QS plan and one with DxDDP. We did all TS for dinner and a couple breakfasts (characters for GS) and then used QS for lunch. Worked great.

Glad to hear it worked out so well for you. We are going between Christmas and New Years and because of the crowds and difficulty getting seating at QS we are going to avoid QS and do 2 TS a day and fill in with snacks. There are 5 of us for 6 deluxe credits daily. I'm planning on us using 3 credits per TS (except for any buffets/AYCTE/special dining), I figure with 3 appetizers, 3 entrees and 3 desserts that should be plenty of food for 5 of us. We can pay OOP for any extra drinks or any extra food needed. We are also doing a few dining packages/buffets that require everyone to use a credit or pay, so I think we will be happy to share at other meals so we aren't too stuffed.

Glad to hear it worked out so well for you. We are going between Christmas and New Years and because of the crowds and difficulty getting seating at QS we are going to avoid QS and do 2 TS a day and fill in with snacks. There are 5 of us for 6 deluxe credits daily. I'm planning on us using 3 credits per TS (except for any buffets/AYCTE/special dining), I figure with 3 appetizers, 3 entrees and 3 desserts that should be plenty of food for 5 of us. We can pay OOP for any extra drinks or any extra food needed. We are also doing a few dining packages/buffets that require everyone to use a credit or pay, so I think we will be happy to share at other meals so we aren't too stuffed.

That sounds like a great plan. One thing that we had to make sure we planned for was the tipping. There was 5 of us and one infant so they count us as 6 of us. The tipping is based on App, Entree, and Dessert so if your a party over 6 try to plan ahead for it. You will have a great time.

That sounds like a great plan. One thing that we had to make sure we planned for was the tipping. There was 5 of us and one infant so they count us as 6 of us. The tipping is based on App, Entree, and Dessert so if your a party over 6 try to plan ahead for it. You will have a great time.

Thank you for the reminder about tips. We may be 6 at some meals if another family decides to join for part of the trip but mostly or maybe all the time we will be 5. I usually don't mind the automatic tip for 6 or more because we usually would tip that amount anyway, although it is nicer for it to be a choice and to have control over it. I will plan ahead for the tips.

Same exact thing happened on my trip in December. I had to plan everything anyway so it was easy enough to do.
Yep. Me, too. My family has no idea the time and effort that goes into planning a Disney vacation. They just reap the rewards. I'm too much of a control freak to not plan for everyone. LOL

Yep. Me, too. My family has no idea the time and effort that goes into planning a Disney vacation. They just reap the rewards. I'm too much of a control freak to not plan for everyone. LOL

This is my third year in a row going and I always ask myself why I keep doing it because it is so time consuming but for me the look on the peoples faces when we go is priceless.

I have never done Disney dining so I am a little confused. If one room gets ddp and the other qs and we split up, and the people with the dds go to a quick service restaurant, can they use one of the qs credits or do they need someone from that room with them? Or someone from the room with QS use the table service credit? Can we combine the 2 rooms into one big pool? We have separate reservations where we each had to put separate $200 deposits down. If they all pool, it seems like we would do better to put 1 adult/1 kid in one room and upgrade that to ddp and then do the rest of us adults on the qs plan. But if we can’t split up and still use credits from the other plan, that might be harder.

When I went in December I had two people in my room including myself and I had the DxDDP and my son had 4 people in his room 2 adults, 1 teen, and 1 toddler on the QSDDP. We used my credits for all TS meals and his credits for all QS meals. Unless something has changed they never asked us who was in any rooms. We scanned the band for the right room and then they took out the credits from that room. Never had a problem at all.
This is correct
Sharing credits is allowed
Technically you could use all your credits in one day .....its up to you

Yes someone from that room would need to be with them to use the QS portion. You want to make sure that everyone understands that because you don't want to find out they used a TS for your QS meal.

Yes someone from that room would need to be with them to use the QS portion. You want to make sure that everyone understands that because you don't want to find out they used a TS for your QS meal.
If I list my daughter on grandma’s room and then she decides she’d rather sleep with us, is that a problem? I was viewing room assignments as flexible (like independent of dining plans, my sister might decide to sleep in my room or my mom’s room depending on who annoyed her that day but I just assigned her to our room to put her somewhere) not an indicator of where people would actually sleep. Do they actually care where people end up sleeping (provided of course everyone is on a room somewhere)?

If I list my daughter on grandma’s room and then she decides she’d rather sleep with us, is that a problem? I was viewing room assignments as flexible (like independent of dining plans, my sister might decide to sleep in my room or my mom’s room depending on who annoyed her that day but I just assigned her to our room to put her somewhere) not an indicator of where people would actually sleep. Do they actually care where people end up sleeping (provided of course everyone is on a room somewhere)?
Of course you can
I have 3 people listed on my one room, only 1 person is using it... the other 2 are staying in a offsite condo but we got MORE free dining credits and snacks by listing them and they get their magic bands and hoppers and free parking since we booked last year.
My other room has 4 listed, only 2 will stay, the other 2 will be in that condo off site too ,but got lots more snack and dining credits with free dining by listing them. They get their free parking, hoppers and magic bands too!

Someone just needs the magic band and pincode
We interchange them all the time for dinners
We give one adult band to each group with pincode because we are sharing 168 DxDP credits...for snacks and QS we interchange kids bands and make sure each group has a magic band with credits and pincode

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter