• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Two rooms sharing DxDP

I think that is only if they have charging privillages because they ask for your pin number

CHildren can charge meals with their MB and a pin. This is different that having charging priviledges, which allow for children to charge back to the room. WE always give my DGD charging priviledges, but not there etwo little ones. They alwasy did "pay" for their snacks as well as meals with their MB. They knew the pin.

Good point. I didn't know if you put a pin for someone if they didn't have charging privileges

Yes, it is different than a charging priviledge.

That info is very useful. I really like the idea of having one band we charge for table, one for quick service, instead of having to use multiple rooms at each meal. My mom and I often split meals so I was worried I would have to balance which meals were charged to each room. But doing one band as dxddp (so table service) and one as qs seems like a very convenient way to organize and keep track of them. It feels more like one pool for all of us to eat from versus each group having a separate pool (which fits us a bit better).

That info is very useful. I really like the idea of having one band we charge for table, one for quick service, instead of having to use multiple rooms at each meal. My mom and I often split meals so I was worried I would have to balance which meals were charged to each room. But doing one band as dxddp (so table service) and one as qs seems like a very convenient way to organize and keep track of them. It feels more like one pool for all of us to eat from versus each group having a separate pool (which fits us a bit better).

We travel as an extended family, and we found ti easier to charge the tip back to teh room. We had my son use his band to charge the tip and every few days my DD would have the bill printed up. We knew anything that was on Daniels band was tips. It made division so much easier that trying to figure it out at the table.

If 2 rooms of people are sharing the credits from one room, and they need to split up for a meal, each group would need a dining plan MB. What's the best way of handling this? I don't like the idea of one person walking around without their MB. Would it work to bring old an MB from a previous trip and give it to the people without the dining plan so that they can use credits too?

So I just got off the phone with Disney and they said you cannot do this and only the number of people in a room will be deducted from a dining bill. I’m not sure this is the practice, but it’s what they said.
So if a family of 4 gets the DDP for one night that’s 12 credits. And they are saying that if you went to dinner with 2 extra people, only 4 credits could be used.

If anyone has better knowledge please post, as I want to know the practice also.

The first rule of cheating the dining plan:
You don’t talk about cheating the dining plan

The first rule of cheating the dining plan:
You don’t talk about cheating the dining plan

Actually the first rule for cheating on the dining plan is to knwo what cheating on the dining plan entails.

The phone CM was wrong. Disney has removed the "No Sharing" verbiage from the brouchure, and now allows credits to be used for any number of people until the credits are used up. The only restaurants that may have issues with this change are the non disney owned restaurants, primarily Via Napoli.

The OP can invite guests to dine and use her credits. They are hers. She paid for them. Disney has found that more people are inclined to purchase the plan if they are not a worried they will throw good money away because they have unused credits. Bottom line: Disney is okay with this, it is not cheating.

I read through this thread and I have a related question that I want to make sure I understand. We are a party of 5 made up of me, DH, DS, DD, and my brother. We are booked in 2 separate rooms with me, DH, and DD in one and my brother and DS in the other. While I am managing both reservations, the 2nd is in my brother's name. We all have the dining plan. My question is this. When we are at a meal, will we need to request to be split into 2 different tickets and have my brother pay for the 2nd in order to use his and DS's dining credits?

I read through this thread and I have a related question that I want to make sure I understand. We are a party of 5 made up of me, DH, DS, DD, and my brother. We are booked in 2 separate rooms with me, DH, and DD in one and my brother and DS in the other. While I am managing both reservations, the 2nd is in my brother's name. We all have the dining plan. My question is this. When we are at a meal, will we need to request to be split into 2 different tickets and have my brother pay for the 2nd in order to use his and DS's dining credits?

Its not necessary. Just use one rooms credits and then the others when that one runs out. Just remember to use the right MB.

Its not necessary. Just use one rooms credits and then the others when that one runs out. Just remember to use the right MB.

This is how we do it. If we have a DxDDP on one o=room and not on the other, we will choose to use the band associated with the DxDDP if the meal we are at is one that offeres appetizers, and use the other at buffet and AYCTE options. Eventually we use all the credits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter