Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining with pics! MY Number 2! 7/21!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, since it’s horrific that DH already posted his 3rd pick (working on his 2nd :eek:), I better get going on mine.

You guys have NO idea how tough this is…to narrow down some awesome restaurants into my Top 3 is rough…but here goes..

Starting with my 3rd fav, working my way to number 1 is….

Artist Point!

This restaurant just sticks out whenever I go back and think of our trip…the Soup was definitely the highlight of my meal! I just couldn’t believe how wonderful soup could be until I tried it. My Salmon was probably the best I’ve had in a looong time and the desserts were phenomenal…especially the cobbler. The cobbler just reminds me of comfort food and it was such a great way to end our first evening at the world…I was able to go back to CSR, comfortable and filled knowing that we just had a fantastic meal to begin our trip!

The Wilderness Lodge is so beautiful and it really sets the mood for your meal. I’m really hoping that we can always start our future trips out with Artist Point because the service was top notch, the food was amazing, and the ambiance was relaxing and charming…a great way to ease into a Disney World vacation!

Phew..that wasn’t too bad :smooth:…ugh, now I need to think of my Top 2…this is horrendous. :faint: I dare you to try and be in the position I’m in! :rotfl:

Bangzoom how was your bday dinner!!?? Omgosh and your countdown!!! It's getting suppper close!

So you'll know better than me how busy it will be...My bro and his brand new bride, will be doing a disney cruise/land trip...4 or 5 days at sea and 3 days at the World...they're leaving next monday for their cruise and immediately after that will be at WDW....how busy do you think it will be?? It's summer, plus they'll be there on the weekend...I've been trying my darndest to try and encourage them to work out some touring plan, but I'm thinking that they're( I should say she) it will be exactly like Disneyland, which are two completely different entities...first they have NO idea the feel of true humidity is, and they don't even know what to do in the different parks...it makes me a little nervous for them because they KNOW i've been to WDW twice already and know a little about it...i'm also bothered because if they end up not planning accordingly, they may have a horrible time and never return again (remember, my mom said she would do a family trip out to WDW?!?!?)....

My bday dinner was great, thanks for asking!! We went to a local place that I love. They make their bread fresh and it's hot when they bring it out, so that was really good. I had a salad with honey mustard dressing, then I had one of my favorite things...that I don't eat often at all...duck a l'orange!!! It was amazing. Crispy skin, not greasy at all! Sauce was wonderful. I had mashed potatoes (they make REAL ones...I can't stand instant ones!), and carrots with it. For dessert, DH and I shared a cobbler (apple, peach and blueberry all in one!) with vanilla ice cream and homemade whipped cream!!

OK, how was that? I started a pre-dining report on the restaurant review board and I need some practice before the trip! :lmao: You should check it out! I don't know how to post a link to another thread in my signature, but it's on the Review board and the title is "Diet? What diet? We're taking on the world baby! Come on in!!" I'm actually going to review all my TS places as a countdown. We have 16 different ADRs!! I wonder which one will make #1!

As far as your bro and sis-in-law's trip to WDW...they should try and have some type of plan. It will be hot and crowded, but they will have a great time no matter what. IMO, the best thing you could do on a summer getaway to WDW is to hit the parks before rope drop (arrive at least 30 minutes before park opening), leave in the early afternoon (1:30 or so) and swim at the hotel or nap, and come back in the evening if desired. That way they're not in the parks at the hottest point of the day. Unfortunately the afternoon parades tend to be at 3 or 4pm, which is VERY hot and humid! But, early in the morning when the parks open it would be like around 75 or 80 when we were there in July 2008. Then it was in the 90s (with 100% humidity :scared1:) by mid-afternoon when we were on our afternoon break.

If they don't want to have a strict itinerary, maybe just let them know to do the thrills as close to the park opening as they can. The lines for these get SOOOO long, fastpass return times keep getting later (I mean this happens exponentially!), and sometimes they even run out of FPs if it's really busy. They won't be there for July 4th right? That's probably the busiest weekend of the summer, I would imagine. A friend of mine was there last year for July 4th. She said it wasn't bad but it was very crowded.

My bday dinner was great, thanks for asking!! We went to a local place that I love. They make their bread fresh and it's hot when they bring it out, so that was really good. I had a salad with honey mustard dressing, then I had one of my favorite things...that I don't eat often at all...duck a l'orange!!! It was amazing. Crispy skin, not greasy at all! Sauce was wonderful. I had mashed potatoes (they make REAL ones...I can't stand instant ones!), and carrots with it. For dessert, DH and I shared a cobbler (apple, peach and blueberry all in one!) with vanilla ice cream and homemade whipped cream!!

I HATE the flakes too!! So disgusting...I always make mine at home with red potatoes, half and half, a little butter, garlic salt and pepper....the flakes don't even TOUCH my potatoes! :lmao:

OK, how was that? I started a pre-dining report on the restaurant review board and I need some practice before the trip! :lmao: You should check it out! I don't know how to post a link to another thread in my signature, but it's on the Review board and the title is "Diet? What diet? We're taking on the world baby! Come on in!!" I'm actually going to review all my TS places as a countdown. We have 16 different ADRs!! I wonder which one will make #1!

I was just gonna say how wonderful you do!! Sounds like you're ready to review some Disney Restaurants!!! :banana:

Are you wanting to put a link in your sig? It's really easy...
1. copy your first url that you are using for your Pre-TR
2. go into your sig to edit it
3. type out the title of your Pre-TR (in this case, Diet? What diet? We're taking on the world baby! Come on in!!) and highlight the entire title
4. once you've highlighted it, click on the little "world" icon that you see on the top near the Fonts, sizes, colors, etc.
5. Paste the url that you copied from step 1 into the box that pops up and click ok
6. once you've saved your changes, you should be able to click on the "Diet? What diet? We're taking on the world baby! Come on in!!"

As far as your bro and sis-in-law's trip to WDW...they should try and have some type of plan. It will be hot and crowded, but they will have a great time no matter what. IMO, the best thing you could do on a summer getaway to WDW is to hit the parks before rope drop (arrive at least 30 minutes before park opening), leave in the early afternoon (1:30 or so) and swim at the hotel or nap, and come back in the evening if desired. That way they're not in the parks at the hottest point of the day. Unfortunately the afternoon parades tend to be at 3 or 4pm, which is VERY hot and humid! But, early in the morning when the parks open it would be like around 75 or 80 when we were there in July 2008. Then it was in the 90s (with 100% humidity :scared1:) by mid-afternoon when we were on our afternoon break.

I told them they should DEFINITELY make the rope drops cuz it will get disgusting by 1pm and I also tried to explain to them the way the transportation works over there, but not sure if they were even paying attention...i'm almost POSITIVE i'll be getting a call asking how to get from X to Y during their trip. I'll just laugh through the phone and say, "should have been paying attention when I went over there to help you guys out!" :lmao: Naw, I'm not that mean..

Actually they leave Orlando June 30, and fly up to PA where they will meet me and DH...did I tell you we'll be checking out DC while we're up there?? Unfortunately, there won't be any time for us to hit NY due to time constraints, but are hoping to get there next year :thumbsup2 I would really like to stay in NYC for a night rather than do a day trip (which is what we were thinkin about doing)...would LOVE to stay at the Plaza, but hello PRICE!!!

If they don't want to have a strict itinerary, maybe just let them know to do the thrills as close to the park opening as they can. The lines for these get SOOOO long, fastpass return times keep getting later (I mean this happens exponentially!), and sometimes they even run out of FPs if it's really busy. They won't be there for July 4th right? That's probably the busiest weekend of the summer, I would imagine. A friend of mine was there last year for July 4th. She said it wasn't bad but it was very crowded.

Luckily, only my brother likes thrill rides, so if single rider is available, he should be able to hit that up...never had to look, but is single rider available at most of the bigger rides?? :confused3

Leshaface, you and your DH are ADORABLE! I have enjoyed reading every post of your report, and DH made a great contribution. I can't wait to read about both of your #s 2 and 1. I posted many many pages ago that we loved AP, especially that soup. Don't think we'll be making it at home any time soon, though. Looks way too complicated!

Leshaface, you and your DH are ADORABLE! I have enjoyed reading every post of your report, and DH made a great contribution. I can't wait to read about both of your #s 2 and 1. I posted many many pages ago that we loved AP, especially that soup. Don't think we'll be making it at home any time soon, though. Looks way too complicated!

Of course I remember you! :goodvibes

And you're right, it sounds EXTREMELY complicated, but i'm determined to make this...i'm not sure when we'll be able to get back to the World, and there's no WAY I can go a few more years without having this marvelous soup...

As soon as I have a few weekend open, I'm going to make this and post my adventure making it(with pics of course)!

Luckily, only my brother likes thrill rides, so if single rider is available, he should be able to hit that up...never had to look, but is single rider available at most of the bigger rides?? :confused3

I'm not sure about the single rider availability. We didn't use it. I think there is a single rider line for Test track and also for Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, but not sure if they are always open.

I like to take advantage of EMH mornings in the summer. It gives us an extra hour in the cooler part of the day. But evening EMH hours will do the same thing! We just don't do those yet because of the kids' ages. I'm sure when they are older, they will want to do EMH evenings and they will also be putting US to bed!!! :lmao:

Where will your brother and sister-in-law be staying? That could make a huge difference in transportation time.

Your mashed potatoes sound great!! I think that real mashed potatoes are one of the easiest things to make, I don't even know why people buy the flakes! I use either red potatoes (and leave the skin in), or Idaho potatoes (peel the skin off), half & half, smart balance, and salt. Then, sometimes I add cream cheese (delicious and so creamy!). Sometimes I add roasted garlic and mash it in with the potatoes. It's easy to roast garlic...slice right in half, drizzle with olive oil, wrap in foil, and roast them in the oven at 250 degrees for an hour. The cloves mash right in with the potatoes and are delicious! Also delicious by itself, spread onto Italian bread!

OK, I'm getting hungry again and I already ate dinner! :lmao:

As far as hotels in NYC, they are so expensive in Manhattan. You're better off staying outside of Manhattan, but I know this can be difficult without a car. There is a Marriott in Downtown Brooklyn, right near the walkway to walk over the Brooklyn Bridge. It's also walking distance to the subway. By the way, don't be scared of the NYC subway, I know we get a lot of bad hype for the subway but it is excellent, no spraypainted graffiti like in the movies, and it's not expensive. Very easy to get around. Oh and there's a Morton's Steakhouse inside the Marriott in Downtown Brooklyn. It's also very close to Junior's, a restaurant that's been in Brooklyn forever, has excellent food and famous cheesecake (they sell it on the QVC channel). I don't know how much it is at the Marriott per night but I am sure it is much less than the ones in Manhattan.

I will attempt to link the pre-dining report in my signature. Wish me luck!!

Wowsers food looks great...
Note to self get mickey mouse waffles and glowing alcohol :)
Your pics of the fireworks over the gates of MK are amazing should be used as a advert for disney so pretty :)
Does Ski Fi have to be booked in advance?? It looks deadly!

I'm not sure about the single rider availability. We didn't use it. I think there is a single rider line for Test track and also for Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, but not sure if they are always open.

I was hoping on the bigger rides like RnR and TT would have them...he would do those, but doesn't do things that drop (Tower of Terror)...if there's no Single rider, i'm sure he will just be able to snag two FP's per ride (will just use hers)

I like to take advantage of EMH mornings in the summer. It gives us an extra hour in the cooler part of the day. But evening EMH hours will do the same thing! We just don't do those yet because of the kids' ages. I'm sure when they are older, they will want to do EMH evenings and they will also be putting US to bed!!! :lmao:

When we were there in summer 08, we also did all the EMH's and rope drops...it was just too hot to be out there anytime after 1pm...i'm sure they'll be able to do the evening EMH too! :thumbsup2

Where will your brother and sister-in-law be staying? That could make a huge difference in transportation time.

The first time I asked her (which was 1 1/2 weeks ago) she wasn't sure :scared1: Sounds like she's really thrilled about the trip right? :lmao: She thinks either AKL or CBR (she used a travel agent)...I think she's worried about the plane flight; she doesn't fly. So her fear of flying is getting in the way of her planning...I'm thinking she may be at CBR though.

Your mashed potatoes sound great!! I think that real mashed potatoes are one of the easiest things to make, I don't even know why people buy the flakes! I use either red potatoes (and leave the skin in), or Idaho potatoes (peel the skin off), half & half, smart balance, and salt. Then, sometimes I add cream cheese (delicious and so creamy!). Sometimes I add roasted garlic and mash it in with the potatoes. It's easy to roast garlic...slice right in half, drizzle with olive oil, wrap in foil, and roast them in the oven at 250 degrees for an hour. The cloves mash right in with the potatoes and are delicious! Also delicious by itself, spread onto Italian bread!

Funniest thing, I just got done making dinner and whadyaknow....I made Red Mashed Potatoes! :lmao: Yup I leave the skin on too! It's the BEST! Had it with Rotissiere(sp) chicken and a squash/zucchini medley...YUMMY!! I also made some chocolate chip cookies that are popular on Allrecipes.com...have you ever been to that site? Love it!

OK, I'm getting hungry again and I already ate dinner! :lmao:

As far as hotels in NYC, they are so expensive in Manhattan. You're better off staying outside of Manhattan, but I know this can be difficult without a car. There is a Marriott in Downtown Brooklyn, right near the walkway to walk over the Brooklyn Bridge. It's also walking distance to the subway. By the way, don't be scared of the NYC subway, I know we get a lot of bad hype for the subway but it is excellent, no spraypainted graffiti like in the movies, and it's not expensive. Very easy to get around. Oh and there's a Morton's Steakhouse inside the Marriott in Downtown Brooklyn. It's also very close to Junior's, a restaurant that's been in Brooklyn forever, has excellent food and famous cheesecake (they sell it on the QVC channel). I don't know how much it is at the Marriott per night but I am sure it is much less than the ones in Manhattan.

Ugh, I know! I've always wanted to stay down there! But we (my brother and I) would REALLY love to stay at the Plaza...our favorite movie growing up was Home Alone . Remember when he stayed at that hotel and caused all kinds of shenanigans?? It could probably be cheaper if we were to split a night or two between my bro and sis-in-law...I don't mind sharing rooms; do it all the time! In fact, that's what we're doing when we go to PA in a couple weeks! Saves lots of money! I also wouldn't mind going to Brooklyn and walking the bridge! I just love the whole idea of walking everywhere like in SF! Oh, and we would have a car by the way! Whenever we plan a trip you're going to have to help us!

I will attempt to link the pre-dining report in my signature. Wish me luck!!

OK, I added the link in my signature! ;)

Omgosh! I'm so glad it worked for you!!! :banana: I'll be over there right now!!!

Wowsers food looks great...
Note to self get mickey mouse waffles and glowing alcohol :)
Your pics of the fireworks over the gates of MK are amazing should be used as a advert for disney so pretty :)
Does Ski Fi have to be booked in advance?? It looks deadly!

Awesome combination right?!? :lmao: Thank you! DH took those and he did a fantastic job!

For Sci-fi it would be wise to have an ADR...that day we were originally supposed to eat at Tutto Italia, but we just weren't feeling it that day...so we called the Dining Line and asked if 50's Prime time or Sci-fi was available anytime around 12pmish (it was 10am when we called), and sure enough, there were spots at Sci-fi! But I like to have a plan, so I would rather have an ADR then try to wing it!

I know for a fact that RnR and EE both have single rider lines. I have done those lines before on our trips to get in extra rides. I will have to ask my sons which other rides do. They have probably done every single rider line available as they don't care who they ride with when the parks get busy, as long as they just get to ride. They have become masters at using the system to their greatest advantage.

.....page 48 and no more to read :sad:

Love love loving your report!:thumbsup2

I am a picky eater but love seeing pics of food and menus and yours has been awesome. Need to get me a better food palette!! (spelt wrong??)

Can't wait for the rest and please book another trip soon!

I know for a fact that RnR and EE both have single rider lines. I have done those lines before on our trips to get in extra rides. I will have to ask my sons which other rides do. They have probably done every single rider line available as they don't care who they ride with when the parks get busy, as long as they just get to ride. They have become masters at using the system to their greatest advantage.

OH awesome! Thanks so much! :thumbsup2 I wouldn't want them to waste their time, when he could possible be in line for a shorter period in the SR line...

.....page 48 and no more to read :sad:

Love love loving your report!:thumbsup2

I am a picky eater but love seeing pics of food and menus and yours has been awesome. Need to get me a better food palette!! (spelt wrong??)

Can't wait for the rest and please book another trip soon!

I know, it's so sad! :sad2: Haha! I want to book another trip sooo bad! I should just tag along on my brothers honeymoon! :lmao:

OH awesome! Thanks so much! :thumbsup2 I wouldn't want them to waste their time, when he could possible be in line for a shorter period in the SR line...

I know, it's so sad! :sad2: Haha! I want to book another trip sooo bad! I should just tag along on my brothers honeymoon! :lmao:

OMG What memories you just brought back to me with that comment ............When DH and I were married our Best Man and Maid of Honor tagged along , spur of the minute, we were only driving up to Vermont for like 4 days , so there we were having a final well wishes drink ready to go and Our friends suggested coming with us ...they could drive, well crazy us said ok, the funny thing was my girlfriend had to call in sick like 3 days, Larry must not have been working at the time I do not recall him having to call in sick to work, so you see you could tag along on your brothers honeymoon :lmao:

When is this place ever open? It seems like every time we go there it is closed! Its like they know Im coming! We will be there in December, will it be open then? I know it says seasonal opening....which season?!?!?!?:rotfl:

Leshaface, I love allrecipes.com!!! I also love the Food Network site for recipes, and the All Ears site for Disney recipes. I have made several Disney recipes...puffed french toast (trying the REAL thing at Crystal Palace next month!), Tonga Toast from Kona, pot roast from 50s Prime Time, cream cheese mashed potatoes from Le Cellier, and corn bread from Whispering Canyon (also having the real one next month!!).

I will definitely help when you plan a trip to NYC. I remember that Home Alone movie...my sister and I went to the brunch at the Plaza 5 years ago. I took her there for her 30th birthday. Actually, she took me there for the afternoon high tea when I got married too, but that was almost 9 years ago!

The walk across the Brooklyn Bridge is wonderful! I have taken many of my Italian classes on day trips through the years, walking over the Brooklyn Bridge, then walking into Little Italy and eating at an Italian restaurant or going to a Street Fair there (they call it a "Feast") if one was going on! The kids always have such a great time!!! :goodvibes

ok where can I find those Disney recipes on allears? I have perfected the potato bacon soup from Boma and am looking to perfect the beer cheese from Le Cellier :worship: also any others that would be good for fathers day to make DH a happy camper.

ok where can I find those Disney recipes on allears? I have perfected the potato bacon soup from Boma and am looking to perfect the beer cheese from Le Cellier :worship: also any others that would be good for fathers day to make DH a happy camper.

If you go to the All Ears site, click on "dining". Then, on the left side of the screen, scroll down until you get to "WDW Recipes" (written in dark blue). Recipes are listed first according to resort, and then according to theme park! Last year for Father's Day, I made Tonga Toast for DH and he was a happy camper! :goodvibes

The beer cheese soup is easy to make and really yummy...I'm going to hop over there and see if they have the recipe for the Mac-n-Cheese at Le Cellier! YUM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter