Uh oh... DL bans employee Islamic head scarf

I am very Muslim-friendly and feel that in the majority of situations, they should absolutely be able to wear whatever they want (as should anybody). However, at Disneyland they are considered actors and when they are dealing with the public they are "on stage." A Muslim woman would not be allowed to wear her head scarf if she were doing a play, a ballet, a movie or TV show. Disney considers themselves to be no different from any other acting situation and IMO they have every right to dictate what their employees wear. A CM in many parts of Disneyland would look ridiculous and out-of costume in a head scarf. It has nothing to do with visitors being offended and needing to "go back to their mommies" as one poster suggested. It's about the fact that Disneyland employs actors and they expect their actors to be in costume. I would guess that the majority of people have no personal issue with it, but as her employer, Disneyland has a right to decide what they consider appropriate for their actors. Most of us speaking out for Disneyland are NOT personally upset because we feel it will somehow compromise our ability to have fun at the parks. I think that most of us simply recognize that Disneyland is within their rights and are standing by them.

Disneyland offered her ways to alter the head scarf to fit their theme and when she complained over that they offered her a job "off stage" and that wasn't good enough for her either. Now she is suing. No doubt, this Muslim woman behaving like an American now. She clearly has become sue happy. She has no case and will be laughed out of court.

the bold part, exactly it's not like they didn'r offer her another option to her head scarf, they gave her options, she didn't want to take it--so be it, disney did try and entertain to her needs, but she would not accept it. i agree there is no case here..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter