UK-US travel, 2021/2022

I'm hoping the 90 Day thing is just a get-out clause that they don't intend to use but are just including in case things get worse and they can say they had always intended to review it. (We are also going to NY in October so hoping nothing changes after 90 days!)

I'm hoping the 90 Day thing is just a get-out clause that they don't intend to use but are just including in case things get worse and they can say they had always intended to review it. (We are also going to NY in October so hoping nothing changes after 90 days!)
Fingers crossed!

I wish this was a permenant change but the 90 day review period is annoying as I fly in 105! Lets just hope they don't push this back on us after 90 days
With the current spike in cases and hospitalisations I’m a bit worried it doesn’t let 90 days we go in 45

With the current spike in cases and hospitalisations I’m a bit worried it doesn’t let 90 days we go in 45
Looking at Google's statistics (sourced from the NYT) levels are still way lower than Jan-Feb. We are also going into summer (schools out is a factor as well as weather), so I can't see them changing it any time soon.

90 days is September, going into fall, which is probably about right to review it, though on the basis of flu, etc, infections aren't likely to uptick until near year end.

We just arrived today and honestly, MCO is an absolute mess. We’ve been going to Orlando annually for a very long time now and I can honestly say today was the worst experience we’ve ever had there. Completely understand staff shortages and I’m not faulting any of that and I’m very grateful for the staff they currently have but the organisation on their end is currently lacking and the way a lot of the staff were talking to people there today and their attitudes towards people was disgusting.

Thankfully we were able to complete our Global Entry interviews on arrival after a few attempts of trying to find somebody actually helpful so that should make coming back easier and surprisingly, the Manchester Airport side of things was relatively a breeze this morning compared to MCO.

It was spiking way before they dropped it though. They had a spike in March that doesn't seem to have stopped at all. The hospitalisations have got worse though but my guess is they wont change anything til 90 days because they will be too scared of the backlash if they to-and-fro too much.

We just arrived today and honestly, MCO is an absolute mess. We’ve been going to Orlando annually for a very long time now and I can honestly say today was the worst experience we’ve ever had there. Completely understand staff shortages and I’m not faulting any of that and I’m very grateful for the staff they currently have but the organisation on their end is currently lacking and the way a lot of the staff were talking to people there today and their attitudes towards people was disgusting.

Thankfully we were able to complete our Global Entry interviews on arrival after a few attempts of trying to find somebody actually helpful so that should make coming back easier and surprisingly, the Manchester Airport side of things was relatively a breeze this morning compared to MCO.

that seems to be the situation everywhere.

We fly next week.
Fingers and toes crossed all goes well.
It's 9 of us so should be interesting at the very least (probably challenging too, but i hope not)
Whatever happens, it's our first flight in 3 years.
Crazy crazy.

"Americans face "travel armageddon"
Same on this side of the pond. Just come back from Spain and both my outbound and return flights were cancelled at short notice (2 hours and 2 days respectively).
Somewhat annoying.
Just spent an hour or two submitting my claims for compensation and expenses.

At least the airports and airlines are now reducing their commitments a bit so they might be able to deliver what they offer in future.

Same on this side of the pond. Just come back from Spain and both my outbound and return flights were cancelled at short notice (2 hours and 2 days respectively).
Somewhat annoying.
Just spent an hour or two submitting my claims for compensation and expenses.

At least the airports and airlines are now reducing their commitments a bit so they might be able to deliver what they offer in future.

sorry about your cancellations....i can imagine how irritating, upsetting, annoying it was...
i'm worried about our flights...
the pilots of the airline we fly are do a rolling kind of striking causing lots of last minute cancellations...
all the other employees of the airline are angry with the pilots, but the pilots love to throw their weight around...

and now our ministry of health is talking about reinstating masks on airplanes.
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

there was just an item on the news here that if there's one piece of advice they can give you, it's don't check baggage,
cut down on what you need and carry it on...
yeah, right...that doesn't work for us, but i get it...
they said that if you're changing planes, the odds of your luggage changing planes with you are pretty low...

we're not changing planes...
we're flying into miami and then i hired a bus to take us to orlando...
here's hoping the bus doesn't cancel :oops:

don't check baggage,
Yes, that's doable for short breaks (I used to 'commute' Manchester to Copenhagen each week, 4 nights abroad - home at the weekend, and after some practice did that with just a carry on bag and a laptop.)
But for a fortnight's holiday ... ?

(I suppose if you did laundry most days it could work, but it's meant to be a holiday.
Or if you're rich just chuck used stuff out and buy new ones locally... Still a hassle though.)

Yes, that's doable for short breaks (I used to 'commute' Manchester to Copenhagen each week, 4 nights abroad - home at the weekend, and after some practice did that with just a carry on bag and a laptop.)

(I suppose if you did laundry most days it could work, but it's meant to be a holiday.
Or if you're rich just chuck used stuff out and buy new ones locally... Still a hassle though.)

if you're really rich you could take a private plane.
for sure your luggage would be safe.

This has made my day, week and year. I haven't been able to enjoy the usual pre trip planning because I was worried about testing positive.
Me too, and I am the only adult so if I tested positive the trip was over. My stomach did a somersault everytime I thought of it. I can breathe again.......as long as the flight isn't cancelled, my luggage makes it to Orlando............I need to think positive.

Last edited:

We throw Apple AirTags in our bags. We know if they're on the plane with us before we depart, and if they weren't, we can tell the airline where they are!

my luggage makes it to Orlando
Honestly, it would be a slight inconvenience, but a Lyft/Uber to the nearest big store to buy some cheap clothes and essentials for a few $00 would quickly fix your $000(0?) holiday no problem.
It's not like you're going to Valle De La Pascua in Venezuela ... though google suggests even they have a shopping mall ...
Positive :)

Hi All
Travelling from Manchester to Orlando on Monday, cant wait to take my kids to see Mickey.
Just checking though, do the kids have to isolate after arrival in Orlando?
Virgin and our Holiday Broker didn't mention any quarantine period for kids at all to us.

Now nervous that a big bit of the (very expensive) holiday might end up wasted. :(

Hi All
Travelling from Manchester to Orlando on Monday, cant wait to take my kids to see Mickey.
Just checking though, do the kids have to isolate after arrival in Orlando?
Virgin and our Holiday Broker didn't mention any quarantine period for kids at all to us.

Now nervous that a big bit of the (very expensive) holiday might end up wasted. :(
No, unless of course they are unwell and test positive for COVID, but even then it is your choice. Have fun.

Thanks Jangles! That's a load off my mind :)
I've just been so confused by the Attestation form as it states if you haven't been vaccinated you have to isolate for 5 days, you have to get the test 3-5 days after arrival. But it's not clear if this is multiple choice or you have to do both. My kids are 7 and 4 and so unvaccinated, we have the 3-5 day test booked already and will definitely be following through with that.
Hopefully this means we can land and then head to Magic Kingdom the day after as planned.

I've just been so confused by the Attestation form as it states if you haven't been vaccinated you have to isolate for 5 days, you have to get the test 3-5 days after arrival. But it's not clear if this is multiple choice or you have to do both. My kids are 7 and 4 and so unvaccinated, we have the 3-5 day test booked already and will definitely be following through with that.
Hopefully this means we can land and then head to Magic Kingdom the day after as planned.
Yes you can. The unvaccinated children should isolate if they test positive or feel unwell. The US don’t have a system like the U.K. Sign the form but no one is going to check whether or not the children have taken a COVID test between days 3-4. Treat it as a recommendation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter