UK-US travel, 2021/2022

Yes you can. The unvaccinated children should isolate if they test positive or feel unwell. The US don’t have a system like the U.K. Sign the form but no one is going to check whether or not the children have taken a COVID test between days 3-4. Treat it as a recommendation.

We arrived on Thursday into Miami airport
The Americans asked nothing about vaccines
There was no mention of Covid.
Nothing
We were surprised
We have an unvaccinated 4 year old in the group
No mention of her at all.
It was crazy
We had all our attestation forms and vaccination certificates but no one ever asked or said anything

Due to set off on Tuesday for our trip - what are these attestation forms I keep reading about? I thought you just needed Covid certs with you? Is there something else I need to do before we go (on top of the 1001 other things I needed to do). I thought I was fully ready (just finished packing last night!).

Sheesh, going to Florida is more like planning a complex military campaign than a vacation these days.....

Due to set off on Tuesday for our trip - what are these attestation forms I keep reading about? I thought you just needed Covid certs with you? Is there something else I need to do before we go (on top of the 1001 other things I needed to do). I thought I was fully ready (just finished packing last night!).

Sheesh, going to Florida is more like planning a complex military campaign than a vacation these days.....
If you are all vaccinated you just need your certificates.
If anyone is not vaccinated (typically children) then they may get an exception and need to 'claim' that:
"If you travel by air to the United States under one of these exceptions, you will be required to attest that you are excepted from the requirement to present Proof of Being Fully Vaccinated Against COVID-19 based on one of the exceptions listed above. Based on the category of the exception, you may further be required to attest that:"
The above from this page: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/proof-of-vaccination.html

The layout and wording is horrible, as always, but the relevant section for us (I think), which the above is from, is this one: 'Noncitizens, Nonimmigrants (Covered Individuals)' which is a few screens down the page, below Air Crew Members.

Last edited:
We had all our attestation forms and vaccination certificates but no one ever asked or said anything
The airlines are supposed to check those before you travel, so the Americans wouldn't normally bother, except maybe the occasional spot checks.

And if the airline gets you to upload the docs in advance (eg. with BA in Europe you have to do this before doing online check-in) then no-one needs to ask for them at all while traveling (as happened on my recent trip).
But obviously you should have them to hand, paper or pdf, just in case.

I can't see any forms that need completing prior to travel. I will have my covid vaccination certificate, and my 14 year old nephew does not need anything, as he's exempt due to his age. Any testing 3-5 days in is a recommendation and not compulsory so we won't be taking a test.

Assume fully vaccinated 6 year old we can just provide proof of vaccination rather than relying on attestation?

I don’t know details of the vaccine rules regarding children but everyone still needs to complete attestation form

If the information in the cdc link in post #763 is correct then fully vaccinated just have to show proof of that.

If you aren't fully vaccinated then IF you are eligible for an exception "you will be required to attest that you are excepted".

So only unvaccinated, or those without proof, need to attest they are eligible for an exception.
(And if you aren't eligible for an exception, you can't fly.)

At the bottom of the section referred to in #793 there is a link to:
Travel Assessment
A tool to help you know the requirements to board a flight to the United States.

It just walks you through rather than you having to digest/distil the relevant part from the text in that section.

From #763 above it looks to me that you still need the Attestation Form for him.

He may look 14 and may be 14, but if US bureaucracy requires a form you need to have that form.
Isn't that the usual immigration form you are given on the plane to complete prior to arrival? I wasn't saying I refuse the complete any necessary forms, I meant I wasn't aware of any new, specific Covid (in addition to the usual form) e.g similar to passenger locator form.

So I checked my emails from Virgin, and got one last week with links to fill in an electronic version of the attestation form on their website. Was really quick - just entered flight number then selected each passenger to say they were vaccinated. No forms to fill in and upload. Not sure if we had to fill it in, as we are all vaccinated, but better safe than sorry I reckon.

Really excited now - travelling down to London from Aberdeen tomorrow.

Isn't that the usual immigration form you are given on the plane to complete prior to arrival?
If you have an ESTA I didn't think you needed to do that any more.
But even so, no, this is a COVID form.

just entered flight number then selected each passenger to say they were vaccinated.
I suspect that will be Virgin's front end for pre-flight checks. If you'd marked one of the group unvaccinated you'd probably have got a redirect to an attestation form for that passenger.

Not sure if we had to fill it in, as we are all vaccinated, but better safe than sorry I reckon.
Absolutely.
"Yes, I have it in this this folder... somewhere" is always less problematic than "Er, what?"

So I checked my emails from Virgin, and got one last week with links to fill in an electronic version of the attestation form on their website. Was really quick - just entered flight number then selected each passenger to say they were vaccinated. No forms to fill in and upload. Not sure if we had to fill it in, as we are all vaccinated, but better safe than sorry I reckon.

Really excited now - travelling down to London from Aberdeen tomorrow.
If you are a vaccinated adult it is very simple especially now the testing is gone. Many airlines are now allowing for attestation to be done electronically but you still have to tick a box to attest you are vaccinated, the vaccination certificate alone will not suffice

We used Verifly in December and the attestation form was much more complex but DH and DD have travelled since in March and June and it is now just filled in on Verifly rather than uploading a completed form

Isn't that the usual immigration form you are given on the plane to complete prior to arrival? I wasn't saying I refuse the complete any necessary forms, I meant I wasn't aware of any new, specific Covid (in addition to the usual form) e.g similar to passenger locator form.

We weren’t given any immigration form to fill out
I’m telling you Miami was so weird
No immigration form
Nowhere did we have to declare customs like food
Nothing
It was like an alternate reality

By the way the weather has been wonky since our arrival
Rather than the 4:00 pm shower it’s been stormy at various times throughout the day
Entirety unpredictable

Crowds aren’t too bad
They’re concentrated in certain areas of the park

We’re really happy we bought genie plus on our 14 day tickets

Oh and they’re selling APs in the park
Annoying since that’s what we’d wanted originally.

If you have an ESTA I didn't think you needed to do that any more.
But even so, no, this is a COVID form.

I suspect that will be Virgin's front end for pre-flight checks. If you'd marked one of the group unvaccinated you'd probably have got a redirect to an attestation form for that passenger.

Absolutely.
"Yes, I have it in this this folder... somewhere" is always less problematic than "Er, what?"
We are flying Aer Lingus for the first time ever. Maybe they don't have the same processes as Virgin for pre-airport arrival. Sounds better though if it saves check in time.on the day.

Edit- just check site and we must use Verifly, but not received email notification from Aer Lingus to do this. Will download nearer the time.

Last edited:
We usually clear immigration and customs in Dublin over the years and we always had to fill in the white customs form in Dublin airport but when we went in December that was gone and hasnt been there on the subsequent trips from Dublin either, there must have been some kind of change regarding those white forms!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter