Underwater/waterproof cameras, cases and housings

Just ordered this over the weekend. My son wants it for his stop motion stuff, but I may play with it a bit! ;)

Dawn

I have the Kodak Play Sport. Its cheap, takes reasonable photos and shoots 1080P video all underwater... Hard to beat.

My brother and I went in together on the waterproof camera. We got the Fuji Fine Pix XP10, target had it in thier add this week. We played with it tonight and took video too. We had fin and got great pictures!!!

Thanks for the recomendation!

WOW I'll have to check the Target ad. My dd was asking for a camera for her birthday(on 26th) and I thought I'd see about a waterproof one.

Dell.ca has it on sale this week dor 199, $225 taxes in for us Canadiens. It comes with an 8gb card and an accesory kit. Is that a decent price for up in the great white North? They also have 16gb Kingston SD cards for $30...

I am looking for a basic compact waterproof camera.
- Is there any out there that you can take long videos with (such as Wishes or a parade)? I can't seem to find any information on how long the videos can be. I realise much of that will have to do with the size of the SD card you have, but some cameras say they will only take a few minutes of video.

- Is it also possible to get one that takes AA batteries instead of the expensive specialized ones? I buy the AA that are made for digital cameras and that way I can carry extra with me.

- do any of the point & shoot cameras have view finders anymore? It saves on battery life if you can turn off the screen (which is usually hard to see through in the sunlight anyway).

Sorry for all the questions but I was hoping if anyone could help, it would be someone here! :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

I pulled the trigger today and bought the Fuji XP10 off of Dells website. After problems using their online order form, I called and got a great discount. $205 taxes and shipping all in for the camera, accesory pack that has a case float strapp and some other stuff as well as 2 Kingston 8gb SD Cards. I'm happy with the deal :cool:

I am looking for a basic compact waterproof camera.
- Is there any out there that you can take long videos with (such as Wishes or a parade)? I can't seem to find any information on how long the videos can be. I realise much of that will have to do with the size of the SD card you have, but some cameras say they will only take a few minutes of video.

- Is it also possible to get one that takes AA batteries instead of the expensive specialized ones? I buy the AA that are made for digital cameras and that way I can carry extra with me.

- do any of the point & shoot cameras have view finders anymore? It saves on battery life if you can turn off the screen (which is usually hard to see through in the sunlight anyway).

Sorry for all the questions but I was hoping if anyone could help, it would be someone here! :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

You're going to be hard-pressed to find anything in the waterproof arena that uses AA batteries. AFAIK, such a product doesn't exist.

Kodak Playsport. Hands-down the best bang for the buck around for a pocket waterproof camcorder/still camera.

We are going on the DVC Member Cruise next month and we are parasailing. I would LOVE to take some pictures, and have no knowledge on waterproof cases. So, I thought I'd ask here to see what all of you recommend. TIA! :thumbsup2

You shouldn't need a waterproof camera or enclosure to para-sail, unless you plan to be dipped or think you may somehow go down. I went para-sailing once and didn't get a drop of water on me. If you plan to snorkel on your cruise, that is a different thing all together.

Well, considering we have over $1500 wrapped up in this camera, we want to get a case for it JUST IN CASE! I would just have a complete meltdown if my camera got splashed with water resulting in a damaged camera. That would make for a very unpleasant rest of the cruise!

The really good hard cases will cost more than your camera. You can get one of the plastic bags for a lot less. Check with B&H or Adorama.

The really good hard cases will cost more than your camera. You can get one of the plastic bags for a lot less. Check with B&H or Adorama.

I agree, since it seems like the OP may only be using this one time. The plastic bag will be a good option due to the cost of enclosures.

Hey! I like your DISname. We had a friend in high school named Jim and we all nicknamed him JimBob. LOL Where did you go to high school? It would be funny if you are that friend!

;) I went to High School in North Carolina, but nobody called me JimBob.That was just a name that we made up when my son got me to play the online game VMK(virtual magic kingdom).

Havent got the money together to purchase an underwater camera for my scuba diving, but have a trip in a couple of weeks where I'm going diving and would love to have one for it.

Anyone ideas would be great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter