Universal Character Site: UPDATED MARCH 2016 PG 7

Let's direct people who are looking for character information to this thread. :thumbsup2

Unless it was just the day we went (which was not crowded at all), the Triwizard Students don't take pictures with people anymore. At the end of the show, they just posed together for everyone. (It was cute, they said they had to stand still for muggle cameras, they weren't used to that. ;))

Unless it was just the day we went (which was not crowded at all), the Triwizard Students don't take pictures with people anymore. At the end of the show, they just posed together for everyone. (It was cute, they said they had to stand still for muggle cameras, they weren't used to that. ;))
I think they only pose with people for the Frog Choir. I don't think I've ever seen the TriWizard people do anything but a group picture.

I think it has to do with weather... I met the triwizard no problem, but the frog choir always dashed off right afterwards because of the cold.

Just talked to my friend who sings in the toad choir (gf is a Beauxbaton) and he said both groups do meet and greets following shows.

Wow...you tend to forget the characters you've seen until you dont see them listed. They tend to roll out more when it's busier, and limit the interactions with the regular characters. Jimmy still comes out, as does Spongebob. They used to have Crash Bandicoot. I've seen a ton of storybook characters other than Shrek and Fiona around that ride. They've had the ugly step-sister, Rapunzel, Hansel and Gretel. The entire Scooby Doo Gang. This was all during busy times in the summer.
At Islands I've seen Dragons walking around, Hulk (though admittedly once), Dudley Do-Right, Beetle Baily, Sarge and the stupid guy from that comic strip and Bluto.
In Jurassic Park they have had Ian Malcolm and John Hammond, as well as a baby Trike puppet.
Thats the cool thing about Universal, unlike Disney where everything is scheduled, you never know who you'll see walking around.

my kids have had some fun interaction with WDW characters... wondering do the US/IOA characters "play the part" or are they just people dressed up? Also is it as big a mob to see the characters (as WDW)?

my kids have had some fun interaction with WDW characters... wondering do the US/IOA characters "play the part" or are they just people dressed up? Also is it as big a mob to see the characters (as WDW)?
I think you and your kids will be pleasantly surprised by the interaction of the characters at Universal and IOA. The lines aren't as bad to get to them either. The characters I've seen over the years really seem to have a good time with the guests.

Wow...you tend to forget the characters you've seen until you dont see them listed. They tend to roll out more when it's busier, and limit the interactions with the regular characters. Jimmy still comes out, as does Spongebob. They used to have Crash Bandicoot. I've seen a ton of storybook characters other than Shrek and Fiona around that ride. They've had the ugly step-sister, Rapunzel, Hansel and Gretel. The entire Scooby Doo Gang. This was all during busy times in the summer.
At Islands I've seen Dragons walking around, Hulk (though admittedly once), Dudley Do-Right, Beetle Baily, Sarge and the stupid guy from that comic strip and Bluto.
In Jurassic Park they have had Ian Malcolm and John Hammond, as well as a baby Trike puppet.
Thats the cool thing about Universal, unlike Disney where everything is scheduled, you never know who you'll see walking around.

That's good to know. I just received my pass at the end of August in 2010, so I'll look at spending more time there this summer to see who I can see.

The team member told me that Diego had replaced Jimmy? But again, I've only been during off peak times. SpongeBob is included on the site, he's out every day.

Does Fievel make an appearance (do a Meet & Greet) at his playground in Universal Studios?!?!

I haven't had the chance to see them yet (hopefully April 2nd), but here's a picture of the new HOP characters that will be out through April 5th:

5510689011_9113f801a4.jpg

I'm a huge Marvel fan, so I figured I'd throw some personal observations I've noticed at the parks into the hat...

1st off, someone mentioned they weren't sure if Green Goblin did autographs early in the thread. He does. I distinctly remember him signing autograph books and then dropping them on the ground or tossing them over his shoulder in a very villainesque manner. (If I'm not mistaken the Grinch will occasionally do the same?) As for Doom, he goes for the more silent and intimidating thing so... I honestly don't remember if he did.

Now in regard to Doom and Goblin do they even still MAKE appearances? I've been going to IoA annually for years and as far as I can tell, they stopped appearing regularly... a while ago. If they appear at all. At some point they just replaced the two of them with Cyclops. I asked an employee once and I think the explanation I got was there was a logical disconnect that the villains would be... posing for pictures and such. So they worked them out of the rotation. I dunno.

If they still appear sporadically, it's possible I just miss them every trip, heh.

ANYWAY... Moving on... a few Marvel rarities...

I know Marvel's Halloween Horror Nights was themed around Carnage one year. I have no idea if he did pictures though, since I didn't attend HHN that year.

Hulk made appearances in Marvel Superhero Island around the release of the first Hulk movie. The suit was quite large and cumbersome, more foam than man, lol... so he didn't come out with the other heroes, he just made occasional scheduled appearances near the rollercoaster, and you could purchase the photos up front. (Sort of how Spider-Man works). Like I said, this went on for the months surrounding the first Hulk movie's release. I have no idea if he's made appearances since.

Now this is the REAL doosie... That's boggled my mind for ages...

I met Invisible Woman (of the Fantastic Four) at IoA once. Seriously ONE TIME. lol... It was New Years eve... during the all night long Universal New Year's Eve countdown bash. She was in Marvel Superhero Island making appearances with Rogue or Storm all night throughout the party. No idea why she was there that ONE night for that ONE celebration. Might have been just a special event thing. No idea why it was just her, and not the whole Fantastic Four. No idea why I've never seen her there before or since. Like I said, it's boggled my mind for ages, lol. I may have a picture somewhere, but if I do, it's... lost, hehe... (Anyone that can back me up on this? I can't be the only one who was there that New Years Eve.)

(PS. I know the FF appeared in the HHN Bill & Ted show in '05, this was NOT that Invisible Woman. It was before that. Like I said, it was New Years... I want to say '03, but I can't be certain. And it was Comic Book Invisible Woman, not Movie Costume.)

So to sum up...

Goblin and Doom used to be regular but are now defunct or at least just occasional appearances?

Hulk, Carnage & Invisible Woman were seasonal/special occasion? Maybe? At best? lol... at the very least, not regular, but they have made appearances. Two I saw with my own eyes. Carnage I'm just aware of through... the internet & TV.

I haven't had the chance to see them yet (hopefully April 2nd), but here's a picture of the new HOP characters that will be out through April 5th:

5510689011_9113f801a4.jpg

They are so cute!! My ds is so excited to see this movie! Do you think that they will keep them out until easter? I know they say 4/5, but since they are easter characters :confused:

Goblin and Doom used to be regular but are now defunct or at least just occasional appearances?

I met them both on Friday, February 18th, 2011. That was the first time I had seen Doom, but the third or fourth time I've seen Goblin since August.

They are so cute!! My ds is so excited to see this movie! Do you think that they will keep them out until easter? I know they say 4/5, but since they are easter characters :confused:

You know, I had the same thought. I was planning on a late April visit, because I made the same assumption you did and figured they'd be out to at least Easter. When I head over next weekend, I'll be sure to ask!

Just got back from Universal.

I met all 6 of the HOP Characters:

Pink Berets - Bit, Fluffy, and Patch
Chicks - Carlos and Phil
E.B.

Additionally, I also visited the KidZone Mardi Pardi to get pictures with the characters in their special Mardi Gras clothing.

I also found some characters outside of areas I usually see them (Marge, Homer, and Beetlejuice).

And found some new UNEXPECTED characters: Bullwinkle and Shrimp Louie.

All of the new pictures are linked from the home page!

Very successful day and it only took 90 minutes!

UOCharacterHunt

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter