Universal will reopen June 5th!

To me the opening of the theme parks would seem like another step back to normal. I miss it. I plan to be in the theme parks by Sept. But I will be wearing a mask. After the last time, I was down with a sickness for a week. It was miserable. It was the second time I've been at theme parks and gotten so sick. So I'm wearing a mask regardless whether a rule or not. Anything to give me a chance against getting sick.

However I have a feeling that we are opening up things too soon. But it's a rock and a hard place

To me the opening of the theme parks would seem like another step back to normal. I miss it. I plan to be in the theme parks by Sept. But I will be wearing a mask. After the last time, I was down with a sickness for a week. It was miserable. It was the second time I've been at theme parks and gotten so sick. So I'm wearing a mask regardless whether a rule or not. Anything to give me a chance against getting sick.

However I have a feeling that we are opening up things too soon. But it's a rock and a hard place
I think it's moving too soon. Here in Canada we just opened retail stores. Our amusement park is being talked about not opening at all this year.

I want life to return too and parks opening should give people hope but we still have to keep physical distancing. Its crazy people keep downplaying that.

Of course we need social distancing. I haven’t seen too much of downplaying that.

All I’ve seen on here is irrelevant arguing about wear a mask.....don’t wear a mask.....I’m right and you’re wrong type of arguing......usually flick past those threads after one or two posts, that’s usually enough to know the tone of the rest of the thread.

Maybe that’s why I haven’t seen many folks denying we need social distancing. Not reading certain posts and certain posters is a good thing at times.......:)

Of course we need social distancing. I haven’t seen too much of downplaying that.

All I’ve seen on here is irrelevant arguing about wear a mask.....don’t wear a mask.....I’m right and you’re wrong type of arguing......usually flick past those threads after one or two posts, that’s usually enough to know the tone of the rest of the thread.

Maybe that’s why I haven’t seen many folks denying we need social distancing. Not reading certain posts and certain posters is a good thing at times.......:)

And once around some do not social distance or pay attention to social distancing. I would feel better about this if we had a immunization or ways to treat Covid.

And once around some do not social distance or pay attention to social distancing.

Of course some don’t, happened to us in the grocery store this morning, they didn’t understand they had to stand in the box slightly further away from the cashier while waiting to pay......you have to wonder about some people......

this is still vague - are masks REQUIRED for guests at Volcano Bay too?

Island H2O is opening 5/28 and they are not required for guest but encouraged when not in a pool or on a attraction. They are actually NOT allowed to be on while on a slide or in a pool for other safety reasons

Wish my kids were a little younger - LEGOLAND is opening and masks are not required.

this is still vague - are masks REQUIRED for guests at Volcano Bay too?

Island H2O is opening 5/28 and they are not required for guest but encouraged when not in a pool or on a attraction. They are actually NOT allowed to be on while on a slide or in a pool for other safety reasons

Wish my kids were a little younger - LEGOLAND is opening and masks are not required.
Probably the same for Universal too. Masks off only while eating or on the slides.

I want life to return too and parks opening should give people hope but we still have to keep physical distancing. Its crazy people keep downplaying that.
A large section of the population doesn't believe the virus is serious (at least to them) and distancing/mask aren't required. The phased re-openings signal 'Everything back to normal' to them.
By time June 5th gets here will have a better understanding of what the implications are of these openings.

Not serious?
A death count of 95,000 in the states catches my eye this is serious.
I don't disagree with you.. but that is not the case for a lot of people. As said, 2 weeks until this opening for numbers to start coming in to see how it's going. Obviously Universal is going to play the odds.

Dont forget every other row will be empty. Single seats will be empty so parties will be able to social distance. Lots of capacity will be wasted for a while. I think the lines will surprise a lot of people

Agreed, lines will be long. Universal and Disney will likely reduce staffing with the lowered capacity to maximize earnings. That is why I want my EP. 😂

No announcements other than what was released on their website as of yesterday.

More details and a formal statement should come before park opening is my guess.

Last edited:
Your link is not valid

I did see the full statement in one of the threads in the UO
boards.
I believe atricks posted it yesterday in our threads since the original poster removed the link.

Your link is not valid

I did see the full statement in one of the threads in the UO
boards.
I believe atricks posted it yesterday in our threads since the original poster removed the link.

My link? Works for me. 🤷‍♀️

I keep getting the message file or folder removed
Maybe it’s because I’m using the iPhone?

I see you added the first post and I see it now
Glad you shared it again as many readers don’t go back to past posts for info

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter