Upcomming announcement speculation thread

I just got an email for the web cast as well. I registered out of curiosity at this point:)

Me, too!

Now I will just have to resist the addonitis that will likely result from any deals offered.

I am in the same boat. So are saying to hold the contract until March 23? They will wait that long to announce something different from the current promotions?

First, sign up for the webcast. They will only offer the webcast incentives to those who attend.

Second, call your guide to get his/her thoughts. Explain that you signed up for the webcast and want to make sure you get the better of the incentives (your current contract or the webcast).

Contracts can be cancelled before they close. In fact, some states (not sure about all states) allow the contract to be cancelled a few days after the closing date.

I suspect guides would rather avoid extra paperwork. However, it's best to talk to them to verify what DVD's policy is.

First, sign up for the webcast. They will only offer the webcast incentives to those who attend.

Second, call your guide to get his/her thoughts. Explain that you signed up for the webcast and want to make sure you get the better of the incentives (your current contract or the webcast).

Contracts can be cancelled before they close. In fact, some states (not sure about all states) allow the contract to be cancelled a few days after the closing date.

I suspect guides would rather avoid extra paperwork. However, it's best to talk to them to verify what DVD's policy is.

Are we thinking these incentives will just be for add-ons, or for new purchases too? We are currently holding paperwork to sendback for BLT, and I want to be sure we are getting the best deal.

Are we thinking these incentives will just be for add-ons, or for new purchases too? We are currently holding paperwork to sendback for BLT, and I want to be sure we are getting the best deal.

If you go to the webcast site, they are allowing both members and non-members to signup. During last year's webcasts incentives were offered to both current and new members.

For example, if DVD decides to offer a free cruise they would likely require something like 160 points for a 3 day cruise, 200 points for a 4 day cruise, etc. When they had the free cruise incentive last spring, they gave the choice of the cruise or more points off the purchase price.

Again, I suggest signing up for the webcast (last June they allowed 2000 for each webcast date) and calling your guide.

Still holding onto our BLT contract. I talked to our guide on Thursday and he said that he would "check into it" and let me know when he hears something. I know we are all speculating/guessing, but everything is pointing to new incentives for BLT!!! But as the old saying goes, "if something seems to good to be true, it probably is!"

Let's just keep our fingers crossed...

To use a phrase from another poster...

My "addonitis" is really killing me. I signed up for the webcast. I can always use a free Litho and to see what a deal I might be able to get.

I'm hoping for SOME news about Aulani, but certainly NOT holding my breath!!

I am wonder why the webcast website and the email all has the picture of Paris as background.... are they going to annouce the new DVC resort will be in ......Disneyland Paris??

So I guess we have the answer as to why guides have been telling members to hold off in mailing back their contracts. A WEBCAST. I watched in December. It only saved me an extra $5 on BLT. Its better than nothing. AKV had the best incentive. We will have to wait. I took the KTTK tour in February and the guide told us they were going to build a new park in China. Maybe this will be part of the announcement. # weeks is a long time to wait, but I have 2 contracts for sale and if I can sell before thewebcast I will be able to addon. Let the 3 weeks of speculation begin!!!

I took the KTTK tour in February and the guide told us they were going to build a new park in China. Maybe this will be part of the announcement.

The government there did finally just authorize the agreement with Disney after many months of negotiations for a new park to be built in or near Shanghai. But even so, it's doubtful that DVC would be a part of such an enterprise at this juncture. The planned park wouldn't even open until 2013 or beyond, and I can't see how that would be the "big" announcement, when DVC doesn't even have a presence at the 3 other existing international resorts yet.

So I just got off the phone with my guide, (who in the various years we've dealt with one another tends to be a very good actress playing coy when I ask very direct, pointed questions about what I read in various online sources, including here - especially when she doesn't want to answer me) and she said, in her roundabout way, that she hasn't heard anything about BCV or BWV prices going up anytime soon, but she'd certainly ask around and see if she could find anything out for me. (Yeah, whatever).

I then asked her a variety of other questions, including about VGC and what the current incentives are there since she knows that we want more points there. The fun part was when (Nunzia and any others who want additional VGC points, this is for you) - she then dropped her voice to a barely audible whisper and continued to tell me that there will be a new round of incentives coming out late next week (confirming a pp's post about new incentives later on, not this Sunday) that will include better discounts than anything they currently offer on VGC to try and get that one closer to selling out. She talked about the meeting a couple of days ago and said that the managers running that meeting indicated VGC was more than 65% sold, and they want to move it to the finish line.

Obviously only time will tell, and guides are salespeople - but I do hope what she whispered to me is true, as we'd love to get some more points there once again.

Good reporting there...:)

The initial restrictions were part of a contractual guarantee given to people who had purchased SSR and AKV points through the Disneyland sales center. Those buyers were guaranteed a 60-day window in which they could purchase points at the Grand Californian.

The 60-day window was upheld.

As for the minimum, my understanding is that was necessitated by the number of individuals who were given this guarantee. Even though they suspected the vast majority of buyers wouldn't take advantage of the 60-day window, they still had to be prudent and afford equal rights to every eligible member. In other words, they couldn't allow 5000 people (speculative) to purchase 500 points each simply because there aren't 2.5 million points available at the Grand Cal.

Once the 60 day window ended that cap no longer applied.

Selling the entire resort within a couple of months was a pipe dream. There's a reason it took 18 years for DVC to build its first resort in CA and for it being only 50 units.

Right, but I remember very well that the 160 maximum was dropped well before the 60 days. I even spoke to a MS satisfaction person about it, and we had a very long thread here on the DIS. I was one who was nervous about not being able to buy until 60 days after others, but at least the 160 maximum was in place. When that was dropped was when the real speculation about an early sell out started, as well as some discussion about people buying additional points with an intent to sale later. There was also quite a bit of talk about corporations buying large blocks for their use. I understand the different guest patterns and the huge glut of nice off site hotels very close, but I'm still stunned that it isn't sold out and still convinced that when DCA is done and the maybe coming DL things happen, VGC will be a much desired property. VGC is really the best kept secret...

I am wonder why the webcast website and the email all has the picture of Paris as background.... are they going to annouce the new DVC resort will be in ......Disneyland Paris??

If it IS Paris I guess it would be too much to hope for something to be ready by August of 2011 'eh? Maybe if they were converting part of an existing property it would be possible? Does anybody remember how long it took for them to remodel & open the first units at AKV in Jambo House? We're planning to visit DLP pre- Med cruise and would most certainly prefer a few nights in a DVC unit over one of the existing hotel rooms that are so point intensive... DLP would make sense if DCL plans to keep a ship in Europe... Here's hoping.:goodvibes

If it IS Paris I guess it would be too much to hope for something to be ready by August of 2011 'eh? Maybe if they were converting part of an existing property it would be possible? Does anybody remember how long it took for them to remodel & open the first units at AKV in Jambo House? We're planning to visit DLP pre- Med cruise and would most certainly prefer a few nights in a DVC unit over one of the existing hotel rooms that are so point intensive... DLP would make sense if DCL plans to keep a ship in Europe... Here's hoping.:goodvibes

After reading the email for the webcast again, this is what I gather it will be about.

talking about future plans for Walt Disney World Resort(I'm thinking Orlando and the park plans there), look at the Disney Dream, great add-on offers(probably not).

Then the thrid thing, is how families like yours take "magical vacations" year after year. Which I read as a plug for using RCI(hence the Paris backround).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter