Upcomming announcement speculation thread

We are currently holding contracts for BLT, and haven't sent them back yet based on what I have been reading here. Do we think the upoming incentives will effecrt BLT pricing/incentives? I will definitely wait to see if anything comes around Sunday, but should I wait till this new window of 3/13-3/17 for some potential announcement? We are traveling on 4/5, so I don't want to wait too long. Any advice is greatly appreciated!! :)

You could wait until mid-next week to send them back. Even though it's sent back, you still have the option to cancel/modify it before it closes.

It appears contracts are taking 2-3 weeks to close. If a better deal comes out before before your contract closes, call your guide and tell them you want to modify the contract.

Change what I just wrote. rstamm posted that a web cast e-mail is going out right now. March 23, 25, 27. You may want to signup for it. Last spring/early summer, they had very good deals during the BLT web cast.

I'm not sure what Disney lent was a mortgage as it was not secured against one's home. However their loans are tax deductible and that is what is different from other lender's. No credit check, no loan against your home, tax deductible financing. It's still a draw just a more expensive one now.
Have you ever financed through Disney? I have financed 19 contacts through DVC (most paid off). It's a mortgage.

MG

BWV Dreamin---I don't know how they swung it either, but the Disney DVC loans are eligible for a mortgage loan deduction. That's a neat trick seeing as how ultimately it's a deeded leasehold, not a traditional property deed, and so it's not clear to me what backs the loan. But, while I don't know how they did it, I'm not terribly surprised. The Mouse has good lawyers, and if Mickey can figure out a way to get the government to subsidize one of his businesses, he's happy to take advantage of it.

Umm, don't mean to be smart but this is not accurate. If Disney packaged and sold the "at risk loans," they were sold at a discount. If after the sale there was a default, or as you say collapse, it does not default back to Disney.

What I meant to say is after the collapse of the banking industry, Disney changed it's practice ( not by choice!) to keeping the loans " in house". Prior and during the collapse, any defaults were absorbed by the banks holding those loans.

BWV Dreamin---I don't know how they swung it either, but the Disney DVC loans are eligible for a mortgage loan deduction. That's a neat trick seeing as how ultimately it's a deeded leasehold, not a traditional property deed, and so it's not clear to me what backs the loan. But, while I don't know how they did it, I'm not terribly surprised. The Mouse has good lawyers, and if Mickey can figure out a way to get the government to subsidize one of his businesses, he's happy to take advantage of it.
:thumbsup2

I just got an email for the web cast as well. I registered out of curiosity at this point:)

IRS pub #936 details rules re mtg interest on time shares, always good to consult ur tax professional or call IRS if you are unsure whether you are entitled to a deduction.:thumbsup2

I missed the last 'litho' opportunity (since we were in WDW:yay:) was it worth sitting thru the presentation?

Im not nearly as interested...but I got the email for the webcast as well...

I have no email......when these things come up, is it for certain members or does everyone get to play?

What I meant to say is after the collapse of the banking industry, Disney changed it's practice ( not by choice!) to keeping the loans " in house".

True but they actually stand to earn much more in the long run by holding the paper rather than selling it off. It will just take a few more years before the interest begins to accumulate to the levels of what they stood to make by securitizing.

And unless the entire process of securitizing such debt is outlawed, there's nothing preventing Disney from selling off the notes in bulk after accumulating them over a longer period of time.

Prior and during the collapse, any defaults were absorbed by the banks holding those loans.

Not according to the article posted previously. It states that Disney would swap good notes for the bad and re-sell the points represented by defaults.

I missed the last 'litho' opportunity (since we were in WDW:yay:) was it worth sitting thru the presentation?

Can you spare the time to fire-up the webcast on your computer and then walk away? ;)

You could wait until mid-next week to send them back. Even though it's sent back, you still have the option to cancel/modify it before it closes.

It appears contracts are taking 2-3 weeks to close. If a better deal comes out before before your contract closes, call your guide and tell them you want to modify the contract.

Change what I just wrote. rstamm posted that a web cast e-mail is going out right now. March 23, 25, 27. You may want to signup for it. Last spring/early summer, they had very good deals during the BLT web cast.
I am in the same boat. So are saying to hold the contract until March 23? They will wait that long to announce something different from the current promotions?

New computer this week...my DVC email went into my junk folder!! Glad I read here to check for it.

So fo those of us who are apethetic you will post the information to this thread? I want to know but have way too many other things going on to deal with stuff like this other than to hear about it on the DIS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter